Old March 21, 2003, 15:58   #1
Eston3
Settler

Local Time: 22:16
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Ships in Reserve
I'm a new player of MOO3. This game is daunting. I've already hit my keyboard with my fist. LOL I still can't find the Scroll Lock and Pause Break Keys!!!! Just for starters, when I build additional scout ships, they wind up in reserve. No matter what I do I can't get them outta there. Is there a trick to it?
Eston3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21, 2003, 17:54   #2
Eston3
Settler

B4 anyone gets annoyed, I know about the mobilization centers. What I'm talking about is early in the game, B4 we aquire these centers
Old March 21, 2003, 18:33   #3
Eric S
Warlord

Local Time: 14:16
Your home world is the equivelent of a mobilization center at the start of the game. So, until you research and build mobilization centers, your homeworld is the only place you can create taskforces, regardless of where you built the ships.
Eric S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21, 2003, 21:06   #4
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 18:16
Are you saying that you are trying to create a TF for the scout outside of the HW and it does not work as you do not have a Mob Center? Are you saying you do not know you have to create a TF as a detachment for recon to get the scouts out of reserve? Not sure, so just in case I mentioned it.
vmxa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24, 2003, 10:07   #5
Eston3
Settler

I wanted to send out scouts that I created on colonized worlds, not my home world, early in the game, closest to my perimeter. I know how to create a recon task force. So apparently, Eric, I do have to research and create a mob center 1st. This seems unnecesarily tedious, but consistant with the overall game plan.
Old March 24, 2003, 10:28   #6
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

This game does not care where you built your ships. Its as simple as that. You can build them on the far rim of the galaxy and then mobilise them on Orion, if you like. It saves a lot of time, when you have Mob. centres and a big empire, but untill then all fleets have to be formed at home.

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Jamski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25, 2003, 21:39   #7
Brazuca
Warlord

You are wrong
Whitout teh Mob. Centers you can only build a T.F. on a system with the Imperial Seat of Gov....it's not at home, i changed the Imp Seat to a more central system, to take the Adm. bonus to the whole empire and before i discovery Mob. Centers i can only build at the new Capital.
Brazuca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27, 2003, 12:09   #8
Eston3
Settler

Does anybody know how big/advanced/developed your colony has to be b4 you can be allowed to build a mob center?
Also an open question..... does anybody know the order you need to follow to build facilities to build bigger ships?
Old March 27, 2003, 14:34   #9
Eric S
Warlord

Local Time: 14:16
It's not how developed the colony is, I've had times I rush-bought a mob center on a colony as soon as it was founded. It's a matter of researching far enough to get the mob center tech. Don't have my strategy guide, otherwise I'd tell you were it is, but I seem to remember it's about a level 10 tech.
Eric S is offline   Reply With Quote