Old March 25, 2003, 23:16   #1
Ravenclaw
Settler

Local Time: 22:34
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Moo2: androids
How do i scrap Android farmers/workers/scientists?
Ravenclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26, 2003, 01:26   #2
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 18:34
Good question, I never tried.
vmxa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26, 2003, 07:59   #3
Gilgamensch
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code Project
King

Local Time: 23:34
AFAIR you can't you can just ship them across to another planet.

One way to get rid of them, take a colony (ground combat and get a revolt there
Gilgamensch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26, 2003, 17:22   #4
Kaptain Ken
Warlord

How about putting them on a nonstrategic planet you can live without and give it somebody else. If you are not playing for high score, you could later attack and kill them.
Kaptain Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28, 2003, 07:29   #5
Reinhard-Baer
Chieftain

Local Time: 17:34
The same question goes for the natives. It might be good to have them in the beginning because you can expand faster but in the end they just take up space as you cannot use them for anything else expect farming. So one of your people would be more useful. There should be an option to put them in some camps so they can live there, be quiet and don't get in the way of the productive class.
Reinhard-Baer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28, 2003, 10:22   #6
Gilgamensch
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code Project
King

The natives can even not be moved from their homeworld. They are stucked and glued to their soil.

The only way to get rid of them, is to bomb them away............and really the only one!!!!!!!!
Old March 28, 2003, 13:54   #7
Kaptain Ken
Warlord

Bombs away !

I am addicted to this game and Alpha Centauri. Fortunately I can switch back and forth, so I am not really hooked right?
Old March 28, 2003, 14:06   #8
vmxa1
Deity

Kaptain have you looked into Galciv yet? I am currently flailing around with it.
Old March 28, 2003, 14:40   #9
moomin
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
King

I want your evaluation of that soon, vmxa.
Old March 28, 2003, 16:06   #10
vmxa1
Deity

I will try to get in a few games and then toss in my 2 cents.
Old March 28, 2003, 16:44   #11
Kaptain Ken
Warlord

vmxa1,

GalCiv requires fast PC IIRC. As I am thinking about upgrading anyway this my hurry up my purchase. Let us know what you think of as you get into it. It sounds like it could have good potential.
Old March 29, 2003, 02:53   #12
vmxa1
Deity

Let me preface all my remarks about GalCiv with a great big note that I am very mad at the game right now.

I had tried to declare war and can not. I finally abandon play of this game and will have to start new one using another tactic.
I really hate the senate in Civ2 and it is back with a vengence in Galciv. The sentate would not let me attack, it would not let me change governments.
Yes I know if I maintained control, I may have been able to, or maybe not. The point is I run my games, if I can't, why play them? Did I say how much I hate the senate in Civ2? At least you could get around it, so far I have not figured out how to in this game.

The manual is worth nothing what so ever IMO, some people are working on an improved one, stop me if you heard this before (Moo3).
No tactic combat, no designing ships, ok I can live with that as many games have done that. I would prefer not.

It is not really complex or hard to figure out in the broadest sense. I mean you soon see how to make colony ships and grab planets and do research and all of that. As far as strategy, such as what should I be doing or researching and the like, I am just fumbling around.

As some of you know, I am not altogether unfamilar with TBS game playing, but this puppy could turn out to be a challenge. Set with the easiest level and the AI races as Fools, they quickly had most of the good planets and were researching things I did not have.
True I was stuck in a corner and had no idea what I was doing. I manage to get to #1 in most things and was doing some trading. All I am saying is, I sure am not looking forward to taking the AI on at its highest levels, just yet.
Lots of things to tweak as son as I figure which ones and how much and why. I did not play around with race design either so far.
I suspect I will not be a huge fan of the game as it has a large portion tied to trading and diplomacy and I do not like to do either of those things. That is why I often play repulsive, so I can ignore that stuff and just expand and conquer.
If the combat sucks (I do not know at this time), then it will leave me with little to enjoy. Just building planets for the sake of it does not appeal to me.
Old March 29, 2003, 12:10   #13
Kaptain Ken
Warlord

vmxa1,

Let us know how the next attempt goes. Thanks for posting.
Old March 30, 2003, 04:20   #14
Urban Ranger
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending Stories
Deity

Local Time: 06:34
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Reinhard-Baer
The same question goes for the natives. It might be good to have them in the beginning because you can expand faster but in the end they just take up space as you cannot use them for anything else expect farming. So one of your people would be more useful. There should be an option to put them in some camps so they can live there, be quiet and don't get in the way of the productive class.
It depends. Farmers are good for planets that do not have any specials. Make them into farms, build things like weather controllers. You can then support people on other planets to do other things.
Urban Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30, 2003, 04:22   #15
Urban Ranger
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending Stories
Deity

Local Time: 06:34
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Re: Moo2: androids
Quote:
Originally posted by Ravenclaw
How do i scrap Android farmers/workers/scientists?
I think you can destroy them by sending to planets that are already maxed out.
Urban Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30, 2003, 05:40   #16
Reinhard-Baer
Chieftain

Local Time: 17:34
Quote:
Originally posted by Urban Ranger
It depends. Farmers are good for planets that do not have any specials. Make them into farms, build things like weather controllers. You can then support people on other planets to do other things.
Hey a good idea. I think I will try it. Thanks. Hmm after all there is some use for the funny chaps as grainstore for my glorious civ
Reinhard-Baer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30, 2003, 21:13   #17
vmxa1
Deity

Ok my last OT post about Galciv. I am putting in here for the few that may not see it other wise.

So I played on quite a bit since my last rant.
I have many little gripes about the difficulty of finding out details of things, most of which can be figured out, but should have been documented.

I will say in whole it is a worthwhile game. It has lots of features and I know that Brad will be like Aaron is for Space Empires and that is to stay on top of the game and improve it for some time. There is plenty to keep you active.
I conquered a few races and have some battles, drop troops on some and fought some space monsters (space sharks showed up early and was a handful for a time). The battles are like Civ3 with you sending the unit against another unit and seeing a bit of animation and then someone dies.
Lots of tech, and things to build from it, sort of like Moo3, except you can see its value a bit easier.
My big complaint is there are so many universal events and votes for all sorts of things. Some have options for you to choose and I was not sure what the implications of my choice was. I mean it may say -1bc, -1 morale, +50bc, but what else comes with that? It looked like you could be tarred with things like being cruel?
As I said I really hated the Senate and I got hit with all races must use Imperialism now? That allowed me to go to war with everyone and stomp out all frieghters, colony ships and eventuall no ships were allowed to go anyway. I was then able to take over all resources with my SB's and prevent them from taking them back (so far).
Anyway the game is viable and is a bit cheaper than Moo3 was. A Bonus pak has already come out and I just saw that a patch has been annouced and may be available as well.
Oh, I am not real please with the trade aspect either. It requires you to go to all the races all the time to barter for the best deal. This is tedious and time consuming.
They do not even give you an easy way to ask them to tell you what they would like. Also I had no idea of the true value of thngs, just guess work.
Old March 31, 2003, 16:15   #18
Kaptain Ken
Warlord

Thank-you vmxa1, we can move this to the GalCiv threads and stop the thread hijack. Are you still playing GalCiv or have you come back to Moo yet?
Old March 31, 2003, 17:18   #19
vmxa1
Deity

Back to my old rotation, that is anything I have from Heroes, Moo, Civ and even some of my RTS or RPG stuff, new or old.
I have stuff as old as Ascendancy, Alien Legacy, Mom or Warcraft III, GalCiv.
Next game I am looking forward to is Warlord IV.
Old April 1, 2003, 03:06   #20
Gilgamensch
King

vmxa1,

you should try Space Empire IV (Gold), it is worth buying..........

A bit like MoO1/2, but kind of just the best

Galciv, I haven't tried yet..........too busy with Space Empire.........
Old April 1, 2003, 03:26   #21
vmxa1
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Gilgamensch
vmxa1,

you should try Space Empire IV (Gold), it is worth buying..........

A bit like MoO1/2, but kind of just the best

Galciv, I haven't tried yet..........too busy with Space Empire.........
Ah my friend, you must not have noticed, but I have been a fan of Aaron's SEIII and IV and Gold.
I found IV to be a bit slower going than III for some reason. I play it from time to time, but game takes a fair amount of time. I beat on Aaron for a long time until he finally added the log feature to let you come back to where you last were. He had told me it would be in the third patch and it was another year before it finally got there. Anyway, I am a fan.
Go to Gone Gold they have some fans there and get a game going from time to time.
Old April 1, 2003, 03:49   #22
Gilgamensch
King

Quote:
Ah my friend, you must not have noticed, but I have been a fan of Aaron's SEIII and IV and Gold.
I found IV to be a bit slower going than III for some reason. I play it from time to time, but game takes a fair amount of time. I beat on Aaron for a long time until he finally added the log feature to let you come back to where you last were. He had told me it would be in the third patch and it was another year before it finally got there. Anyway, I am a fan.
Go to Gone Gold they have some fans there and get a game going from time to time.

Didn't know that............I am still a 'newbie' in this game, but I really enjoy it..............
I really like the tech-tree, nice long and good

Even on my old PC it is running fine. (300Mhz/64MByte RAM). Just sometimes the micromamagment is a bit enoying.
Old April 1, 2003, 14:07   #23
vmxa1
Deity

Yes MM is a pain when you havelots of planets. I love the ability to disable so many parts of the game and tech. Don't like spies, you can turn it off, don't like mines, take it out of the game.
Old April 2, 2003, 16:52   #24
macraig
Chieftain

Local Time: 14:34
Quote:
Originally posted by vmxa1
I suspect I will not be a huge fan of the game as it has a large portion tied to trading and diplomacy and I do not like to do either of those things. That is why I often play repulsive, so I can ignore that stuff and just expand and conquer.
vxma1:

You know, I wouldn't be at all surprised if it turns out that you're a high-functioning autistic, as I am: I do exactly the same thing with MOO II and other games whenever possible. It's one of the "social" effects of my condition. Ever heard of Asperger's Syndrome? If you're curious, I've saved some related Web links and content. One thing to note: it's NOT a disability, just a human mutation (maybe a hint of future human evolution, even).
macraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2, 2003, 17:13   #25
vmxa1
Deity

Nay it just because I am lazy. I am no longer high function at anything.