Old March 26, 2003, 09:32   #1
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 16:35
Local Date: November 1, 2010
The Next Gazette: Suggestions and Staff sign up
The Next Gazette, (Ill poll on naming it after we start the game), WILL BE A WEB PAGE.

If you are interested in giving a hand on the design, or helping out in any way, please let me know either here or in a PM.

I have 36 MB free space waiting for me on AOL, I plan to use that to start, at least, we can find hosting later if need be. I am currently learning HTML, but any assistance would also be greatly appreciated.

Any suggestions on how to improve the overall Gazette as well, please post here so I can see them. I intend to improve in any way possible, this is not intended to be a mere copy of the past.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old March 26, 2003, 15:41   #2
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 18:35
One thing Unortho - how will we be able to keep an archive. I know that when I was looking for a history of the nation I looked at the old gazettes. That was the easies way and was most comprehensive.

I will be happy to continue to help out as needed and to write every now and then...

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old March 26, 2003, 18:02   #3
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

I may keep a post here as well, but my primary goal is to have this a webpage. Im going to see just how much space each edition takes up, then Ill figur up how much it would cost to keep them archived somewhere. If it is too much, Ill run a post here as well minus all the graphical additions I hope to make.

As I said, I need this to grow in order for it to still be worth my time. Last game I learned allot about writting, organization and coordinating with people. Time for me to learn about HTML and webpages. Perhaps by the end of next game, I will be writting for something more prestigeous.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old March 26, 2003, 19:37   #4
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Local Time: 17:35
I'm interested at helping out with this game's Gazette; I definitely want to write articles or editorials occassionally. I can also help out with HTML if you want (or Javascript, if you need a script for some reason).

Edit: Crossposted with Aidun. My javascript's dusty too, though I think I remember most of it. Aidun, there are some nice Webmonkey tutorials I used when I was learning javascript; might help with reviewing it. )
Old March 26, 2003, 19:37   #5
Aidun
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC4WDG Huygen's UnionC4BtSDG TemplarsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 00:35
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Unortho, I can assist you with some html and javascript if I can get a book about it. I think I can borrow a book about javascipt from a friend so that'll be no problem.

Don't expect too much of the javascript, it's long ago since I have been playing with it.

Of course I can write articles for it too

I don't know how busy the next few months will be, so maybe I am sometimes not available for help, however, most times I can assist you I think.

Aidun
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise can not see all ends." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
Term 9 and 10 Domestic Minister of the C3DG I., Term 8 Regional Governor of Old Persia in the C3DG and proud citizen of Apolyton. Royal Ambassador to Legoland in the C3 PTW DG, Foreign Affairs Minister and King of the United Kingdom in the MZO C3CDG and leader of the Monarchist Imperialist team. Moody Sir Aidun (The Impatient) of the Holy Templar Order in the C4BtSDG

Last edited by Aidun; March 28, 2003 at 18:13.
Old March 27, 2003, 04:49   #6
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 09:35
Local Date: November 2, 2010
I'd love to help out with writing articles.
Old March 27, 2003, 10:58   #7
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Consider me Free-Lance. I'll offer contributions when they come to me.