Old March 28, 2003, 15:26   #1
SINISTER1974
Chieftain

Local Time: 17:42
Local Date: November 1, 2010
planets losing money then buildings
Ok ive been playing moo3 since day 1. I use grey's mod. Last game i played i had a good planet going -green 1, 16/35 for pop, tax set at 16, and i was like 1.1k for cash on that planet.

All of the sudden i got a message on the sitrep saying planet couldnt afford buildings and they were sold.

So i went to the planet i was -3k. :\

I had 10 system ships in orbit, so piracy wasnt the cause.

I removed all my buildings and set all sliders to zero--still was in the hole.

I increased grants to planets by 5k in finace section--still no luck.

people were still migrating there and yet i was still in the hole.

The planet had all of its DEA's built and i had plenty of food, minerals, etc....

And still my planet was in the hole.

Why? And how do i fix.

This is the third time seeing this and no matter what i do i cant get out of the hole. 30 turns have passed and still in the hole. ARGGGG.

This planet is very important to me--well was till i had to get rid of all the buildings. My emire is to the north, enemy to the south. One stat lane from them to me and it goes through this solar system. Now i cant deploy fleets here because my mobilization center was sold and my planetary defenses are no more.

Can this be due to spies?

I have 233,000 with a +1.4k a turn increase--why is this planet suffering?

I also have 2 armadas, and 2 flotillas in orbit to launch an invasion to my enemy in the south. But now i cant build troop transports there and takes 8 turns from the nearest system to get there

I increased taxes out the yen yang and i was still making negative income it only incrased my unrest so i set it back down.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Also in game before i had a solar system and had 4 planets in it. All making good income. But only one of them had this problem--rest were fine. That planet suffered a huge set back. But other 3 bloomed and turn into power houses.

Im lost.

SINISTER1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31, 2003, 18:49   #2
SINISTER1974
Chieftain

anyone?
Old March 31, 2003, 19:27   #3
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 18:42
What Dea's are on that palnet and are they manned?
If spies were involved I would expect a sitrep notice.
Why so many system ships, since you have an armada on site? It seems a bit strange from what you say.
vmxa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1, 2003, 00:16   #4
SINISTER1974
Chieftain

i have good amount of bio, mineral, and industrial DEA's And they were manned. (4 bio, 1 rec, 1 research, 4 min, and 6 industrial) i think it was.

10 system ships isnt that much. Thats pretty low actually. Considering this is a key strategic system. And those other fleets werent there always. The system has been invaded several times and has been blockaded several times.

But still doesnt explain why my planet lost all of its au's & buildings. This has happened a few times. And people are migrating to this planet. I must be missing something--maybe a small detail. Next time this happens to me in a game ill write more details.
Old April 1, 2003, 01:21   #5
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 18:42
Slap up a save if you see it. Not that I would be able to help any, but I would like to see it.
vmxa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2, 2003, 04:40   #6
habadacus
Chieftain

Local Time: 22:42
The only time I've ever seen this is when the planet in question had a special like "Rapid Rot" or "Severe Storms" (I think that was it). These specials (maybe more, with no manual I can't be sure) dramtically increase the amount of maint. you must pay on buildings. On my worlds that had them, Building would eventually get scrapped. Although that might expain WHY it's happening to you, I still think it's a bug, or at least is very annoying. Hopefully this will get fixed next year when the patch comes out. In the mean time might I suggest a nice game of Galactic Civilizations?
habadacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5, 2003, 02:17   #7
AntaranX
Settler

Well..this can happen. I've seen it when your planetary grants are wasted on a new planet. For some reason the AI doesn't understand that all the planetary grants should not be wasted on a single planet where more than 50% of the resources go to pollution. Very annoying...
AntaranX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12, 2003, 01:55   #8
Vince278
King

I've had this occasionally happen too (and on perfectly good planets seemingly at random). I haven't found a consistant cause or solution but I suspect it may be one, or a combination of, the following:

1. Too many structures (high maintenance)
2. Overworked population
3. Bad tax strategy (empire/system/local)
4. High expenses (planets not getting grants start suffering)
5. Budgeting strategy (too little for grants)
6. Pollution to some degree
7. The temp/gravity differential from your racial norm
8. Poor AI decision making for planet (no comment)

Your worst planets tend to get the grants then lose it when more bad planets come along which leaves the former planets hanging. What I would like to see as a solution is the capability to personally assign the grants to planets that need it. The AI has an odd way of deciding...
Vince278 is offline   Reply With Quote