View Poll Results: What mix of Human/AI teams should we use.
8 Human, No AI 0 0%
7 Human, 1 AI 0 0%
6 Human, 2 AI 6 35.29%
5 Human, 3 AI 7 41.18%
4 Human, 4 AI 4 23.53%
3 Human, 5 AI 0 0%
2 Human, 6 AI 0 0%
1 Human, 7 AI 0 0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 29, 2003, 12:14   #1
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 16:44
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Political Citystates Poll
To get this started we need to determine how many Human Team Factions we want. We will most likely give the AI civs much larger continents and super cheap settlers to maintain a balace of power with the Human civs.

1) 8 Human, No AI
1) 7 Human, 1 AI
1) 6 Human, 2 AI
1) 5 Human, 3 AI
1) 4 Human, 4 AI
1) 3 Human, 5 AI
1) 2 Human, 6 AI
1) 1 Human, 7 AI

Poll is open for 5 days.

Primary difference between this and the PTW Demo game is ALL team discussion will be out in the open with no team forum. Of course it will be interesting to see if the PTW teams form poltical parties and plot secret schemes in their forums.

Lying, stealing, treaty breaking are all LEGAL. This isn't about ethics this is about taking out agression on your friends, countrymen, and enemies.

One central island with ONE city per team to represent the homeland will be offlimits to attack by "legitimate forces" from other teams. Several units are labeled as "hidden nationality" so attacks from these would be allowed.

Those who have expressed interest in playing this game
(those who have commented but have not stated they wish to be involved):

GhengisFarb
Wittlich
Vlad Antlerkov
Togas
(Aidun) - posted in the other thread
((ManicStarSeed - Mapmaker))
=OttomusCeasar=
(Calc II) - posted in the other thread
mjmacy
Kickbooti
Thrumble
(ZargonX) - posted in this poll
Octavian X
(Trip)
Darekill

Last edited by GhengisFarb™; March 30, 2003 at 09:24.
Old March 29, 2003, 13:41   #2
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 15:44
I voted for 6 Human, 2 AI ... But I do like the option of 4 Human and 4 AI. To bad we can't vote for more than 1.
Old March 29, 2003, 14:32   #3
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Wittlich
I voted for 6 Human, 2 AI ... But I do like the option of 4 Human and 4 AI. To bad we can't vote for more than 1.
You could have voted for the middle ground - 5 Human and 3 AI........
Old March 29, 2003, 17:05   #4
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Good point GF.
Old March 29, 2003, 17:15   #5
ZargonX
PtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 MorganC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy GameApolyCon 06 ParticipantsBtS Tri-LeagueApolyton UniversityPtWDG2 TabemonoC4WDG Huygen's Union
Emperor

Local Time: 18:44
I went with 5-3. Seems like the best ratio to me, personally.
Old March 29, 2003, 17:36   #6
mjmacy
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEM
Prince

I voted 5-3
"Do not honour the worthy, And the people will not compete. Do not value rare treasures, And people will not steal. Do not display what people want, And the people will not have their hearts confused. A sage governs this way: He empties peoples minds and fills their bellies. He weakens their wills and strengthens their bone. Keep the people always without knowledge and without desires, For then the clever will not dare act. Engage in no action and order will prevail."-Loazi "The Classic of The Way and Its Powers"
Old March 29, 2003, 21:41   #7
Vlad Antlerkov
Civilization III Democracy Game
King

6-2.

(If I were to be involved, it'd be very limited. See, this coming term, I've got this huge history paper due about halfway through, which will suck up all my free time. So, um, don't expect to see much of me until mid-May. )
Old March 30, 2003, 04:01   #8
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

4-4 would make for a better challenge...

I thought I posted that I was interested, or is this closed to members of CFC's democracy game?

Last edited by Octavian X; March 30, 2003 at 04:07.
Old March 30, 2003, 04:11   #9
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

Octavian: I see no reason why you can't join in. You're a member here, just like you're a member at CFC. Well, sort of.

It's not like I post exclusively at Apolyton anyways.

I'm not sure which to vote. I'm tempted to go for 4-4, but 5-3 might be good also if we get enough people.
Old March 30, 2003, 04:32   #10
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

I guess you can't have near 3,000 posts in every forum.

Still, Trip has a point. Considering that there are less that 15 interested people, a 5-3 ratio might be kind of ackward...
Old March 30, 2003, 04:34   #11
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta

I have 5500 here and 550 at CFC. At least I'm keeping the ratio the same.

That's part of the reason I was thinking 4-4... if we could find more interested people, then 5-3 would work, but as it stands now, we'd only have 2/3 people per team, and how many of them would be active? Througout the PTW DG, at least half of every team is inactive.
Old March 30, 2003, 06:24   #12
Darekill
PtWDG2 Monty PythonC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Neu Demogyptica
Prince

Local Time: 23:44
Would i be acceptable as a member?
i'd not be overly active but it sounds like fun and if my english isn't all too bad i'd like to take part.
Old March 30, 2003, 06:25   #13
Jon Shafer

We're attracting all sorts of interesting people. All we need now is Sid Meier.

I'm sure no one would have any problems with you joining, Darekill, just like with Octavian.
Old March 30, 2003, 09:28   #14
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Octavian X
I thought I posted that I was interested, or is this closed to members of CFC's democracy game?
That's the thread for the second Citystates game. This one has all the human citystates start on one island together and then we have to go out and explore the world.

Aidun's game starts everyone just like normal you simply have a large central original Citystate that dominates your civ (if I understand it correctly).

Octavian X, Trip and Darekill added. We will probably get more people signing up as we go and start playing though.

If we played Mass Regicide each one of us would have a unit of our own in the game................

Last edited by GhengisFarb™; March 30, 2003 at 09:38.
Old March 30, 2003, 09:46   #15
Darekill
PtWDG2 Monty PythonC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Neu Demogyptica
Prince

Local Time: 23:44
Quote:
Originally posted by GhengisFarb

If we played Mass Regicide each one of us would have a unit of our own in the game................
That would be cool!
Old March 31, 2003, 18:44   #16
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Wow, I created a random map and then built the central island in the middle to see how the game went (although I did set a lot more AI since it was single player PTW, AND I made them all Amazon civs since it was just a simulation) and those little ladies spread like wildfire. By the time I had made first contact they had 30+ cities each! Of course the AI Citystates didn't help any as they were to busy attacking and ambushing one another with the Hidden Nationality units.

It was pretty pathetic, I place one of each luxury in the middle so that someone could build a city and have some luxuries. But everytime one civ would venture out to build a colony the other four would jump it from all directions with their Hidden Nationality units.
Old March 31, 2003, 19:21   #17
Panzer32
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC4DG VoxInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshinePtWDG2 Monty PythonPtWDG2 MonkeyPtWDG2 Latin LoversPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Glory of War
Emperor

sounds fun!
Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
---------
May God Bless.
Old March 31, 2003, 19:27   #18
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

The thing that amazed me most is HOW WELL the AI used the Hidden Nationality units. They would take some of the cheap Hidden Nationality ones and march out to the target under the cover of their highest defense non-Hidden Nationality unit so that you could only attack the tile by either declaring war or with a Hidden Nationality of your own. Then their Hidden Nationality units would jump you from the protection of their heavy defender.
Old March 31, 2003, 21:40   #19
mjmacy
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEM
Prince

how good are the hidden nationality units?
"Do not honour the worthy, And the people will not compete. Do not value rare treasures, And people will not steal. Do not display what people want, And the people will not have their hearts confused. A sage governs this way: He empties peoples minds and fills their bellies. He weakens their wills and strengthens their bone. Keep the people always without knowledge and without desires, For then the clever will not dare act. Engage in no action and order will prevail."-Loazi "The Classic of The Way and Its Powers"
Old April 1, 2003, 15:45   #20
realpolitic
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Prince

Local Time: 14:44
I don't see how to play an MP game without private forums.
Old April 2, 2003, 01:53   #21
Thrumble
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEM
Prince

Local Time: 22:44
The Labor Party and DIA in the Democracy game were able to compete without private forums. I think this is supposed to be something along those lines.
Old April 2, 2003, 15:47   #22
Nuclear Winter
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayPtWDG2 SunshineSpanish Civers
Prince

Local Time: 19:44
Please, count me in!!!
Old April 5, 2003, 13:35   #23
Gramphos
staff
Civilization III MultiplayerC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV: MultiplayerAge of Nations TeamC4BtSDG Realms BeyondCivilization IV Creators
Technical Director

Local Time: 00:44
Local Date: November 2, 2010
I missed the poll, but I think that about half the civs should be human, and the other hlaf AIs, so for the poll results it's not too bad
Old April 5, 2003, 13:44   #24
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

It looks like we will be going with 5 Human and Six AI. Various people are playtesting mod versions to simulate the Citystates setup and as soon as we get an approved system we can start it up.
Old April 7, 2003, 17:41   #25
ManicStarSeed
C4DG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityBtS Tri-League
Prince

Local Time: 14:44
Quote:
Originally posted by GhengisFarb
It looks like we will be going with 5 Human and Six AI. Various people are playtesting mod versions to simulate the Citystates setup and as soon as we get an approved system we can start it up.
Don't you mean 5 human and 3 AI?
Mss
Old April 7, 2003, 18:59   #26
MegloManiac
Civilization III Democracy GameDiplomacyNever Ending Stories
Chieftain

If I am right, this is a new game starting, but i tend to get confused, can i join? if it is new.......