Old March 29, 2003, 18:14   #1
Dactyl
Warlord

Local Time: 22:44
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Trading
I am enjoying Galactic Civilizations. However, there is a minor annoyance. When I want to sell a tech to another race is there anyway to find out how much they are willing to pay? As it stands now, I'll offer a couple of techs for, say, 100 BC's per turn for 10 turns. If they accept, I move the slider up and try 12 turns. If they accept that, I bump it up a little more. This gets to be awfully annoying. I'm hoping I missed something in the manual and that there's a simple way to find out what they will pay. Can anyone help?
Dactyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29, 2003, 19:18   #2
Asmodean
Civilization III Democracy GameThe Courts of Candle'Bre
Emperor

Local Time: 00:44
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Dactyl: Look at the text that constitutes your offer. It's in the center of the diplomacy screen, down to the bottom. You can guage the likelyhood of a favourable response to your offer by looking at the colour of that text. If it is yellow, you have to offer more to get what you want. If it is green, chances are, they'll accept your offer.

Asmodean
Old March 29, 2003, 21:16   #3
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 18:44
I think what is needed is a "what will you give me for this". It is a pain to try and figure what is a fair offer for newbies.
vmxa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30, 2003, 02:58   #4
BlueDEvil
Chieftain

Local Time: 22:44
It seem to be fixed. As long as your relation remain the same, they will accept the same deal later on. What is needed is some indication to what the value of the tech and the type of tech. Alignment tech can yield higher value if traded to the related alignment players. Maybe you set the deal and have the advisor fix the amount for you. It is quite tedious indeed.
BlueDEvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30, 2003, 10:07   #5
Boris Godunov
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 15:44
Quote:
Originally posted by Asmodean
Dactyl: Look at the text that constitutes your offer. It's in the center of the diplomacy screen, down to the bottom. You can guage the likelyhood of a favourable response to your offer by looking at the colour of that text. If it is yellow, you have to offer more to get what you want. If it is green, chances are, they'll accept your offer.

Asmodean
However, that's not always an indication. I've had the AI accept deals in the yellow, probably because they viewed me as a diplomatic god. The question is--does getting a deal that is in the yellow affect your relations with the AI? Will it think we're screwing them slightly?