Civilization II PBEMSpanish CiversCivilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
Emperor

Local Time: 23:45
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I agree
Old April 28, 2003, 17:27   #32
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Local Time: 18:45
Comrades our people are clamoring that medals be presented to various commanders for being Soviet Hero's in stopping the Fascist Horde.

My first nomination is for Comrade Pavlov (Colwyn) for his heroic efforts in defending the Belorussian Front and being one of our most active front commanders.

Vote and make recommendations for the specific Medal below.

Also nominate anyone else deserving.

If I dont hear from anyone soon Ill just start giving them out. (I get to do that anyway )

Thanks
Old April 29, 2003, 11:51   #33
Shaka Naldur
Emperor

let's wait for winter and then we'll make some polls to decide it
Old April 29, 2003, 12:31   #34
our_man
Civilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

Yes, wait until winter. It would be a bit presumptuous to hand them out at the moment. Colwyns incredible defence of Minsk has practically guaranteed him one though.

On a related note, comrade conmcb25 is far too nice to be Marshal - you are offering them a carrot to entice them to greater acts in the form of a medal, but where is your stick to beat them with!

Hopefully the above remark about the marshals personality isn't interpreted as too counter-revolutionary...

Bah! Pack underacheiving commanders off to the gulags!
Old April 29, 2003, 12:47   #35
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by our_man
On a related note, comrade conmcb25 is far too nice to be Marshal - you are offering them a carrot to entice them to greater acts in the form of a medal, but where is your stick to beat them with!

Hopefully the above remark about the marshals personality isn't interpreted as too counter-revolutionary...

Bah! Pack underacheiving commanders off to the gulags!
Im working on it, a few Comrades made uncomplimentray remarks about my recon photos yesterday and if it keeps up they may go to the Gulag as well.
Old April 30, 2003, 06:40   #36
Shaka Naldur
Emperor

STYOM will still be a Stavka member or we also need a replacement?
Old April 30, 2003, 10:25   #37
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Shaka Naldur
STYOM will still be a Stavka member or we also need a replacement?
I assume we will need a replacement. Lets figure out the Murmansk Front Commander and then we will get a replacement for Stavka.
Old April 30, 2003, 10:29   #38
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

Local Time: 17:45
what about Case? He's been nosing around looking for ways to contribute
Old April 30, 2003, 10:35   #39
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by H Tower
what about Case? He's been nosing around looking for ways to contribute
I recieved an email from him last night to busy with University work right now, sound familiar? I think that is going to be our biggest challenge right now finding a commander.
Old April 30, 2003, 16:30   #40
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

The Marshall Speaks on the New Murmansk Front Commander!
First of all I want to remind my fellow Stavka members what the duties of the Marshall are as defined by Comrades FMK and H Tower:

"Positions

Marshal In charge, defines the different fronts of battle and who commands them. Controls where reinforcements and labour brigades go. He is the first and last person to play the game in a turn. Reports enemy movements upon new turns. He also sends citizens to the Gulag and gives out medals."

With that being said there were three citizens whom expressed interest in the Murmansk Front and are currently available:

EZRhino
Yop73
belisariu

My choice is Yop 73. We had a nice conversation today via the MSN radio and he is ready to step up and take command.

I am asking merely as a solidarity gesture that my fellow Stavka members aprove this appointment. If you dont want to approve it just remember the last sentence in the position description.

If EZRhino and belisariu still want to step up they should be considered when the next front opens or if there is other important work for them to do.

We do however need another Stavka member< Yop73 is too new and I want someone who can devote the time and knowledge to contribute.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Current "Official" Stavka membership: ( I say official because this being a democracy game everyone participating should have a say.)

H Tower, The Anzac, Colwyn, conmcb25, Shaka Nuldur

Maybe some non Front Commanders should be officially appointed to Stavka?

EZRhino and belisariu?

Anyone else?

Last edited by conmcb25; April 30, 2003 at 16:38.
Old April 30, 2003, 17:07   #41
The ANZAC
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

STAVKA was never limited to front commanders, as H Tower was minister of propo-I mean information when he first joined STAVKA. Also, STAVKA members don't necessarily need to be top officials either. they are just there to cover things, make sure everything runs smoothly, kick out Marshalls of the Soviet Union and cause coups--oh disregard the last purpose
Old April 30, 2003, 19:28   #42
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

I don't know anything about any of the candidates RF experience, so I'm not really sure which way to turn in that regard. And with the STAVKA position being open, I'm not real sure about belisariu, to me being a member of STAVKA means that you are a pillar of the community, and I've never heard of him before. Obiwan18 on the other hand is still around and is an avid participant of the regular civ2 game and he's a participant in the civ2 succession game it seems.
Old April 30, 2003, 19:31   #43
Colwyn
Civilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
Prince

Local Time: 08:45
Local Date: November 2, 2010
I concor
Quote:
being a member of STAVKA means that you are a pillar of the community.
Old April 30, 2003, 20:43   #44
EZRhino
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

Local Time: 15:45
Location: Sunset and the evening star And one clear call for me.
If yop wants the Murmansk Front, he is welcome to it

Sors salutis/ et virtutis/ michi nunc contraria,/ est affectus/ et defectus/ semper in angaria./
Hac in hora/ sine mora/ corde pulsem tangite;/ quod per sortem/ sternit fortem,/ mecum omnes plangite!

Last edited by EZRhino; April 30, 2003 at 23:13.
Old April 30, 2003, 21:52   #45
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
being a member of STAVKA means that you are a pillar of the community
Oh crap, hopefully none of you have seen all the empty vodka bottles strewn about my Command Bunker!
Old May 1, 2003, 06:57   #46
Shaka Naldur
Emperor

I agree with Yop, I read his story about red front at civfanatics, he is an experienced comander,

we should wait for nominations to decide who is going to be the new STAVKA member
Old May 6, 2003, 23:54   #47
H Tower

you should update the propoganda minister, Marshal and Murmansk positions
Old May 7, 2003, 00:02   #48
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
you should update the propoganda minister, Marshal and Murmansk positions
Colwyn could you do that for us in your first post please?

Im of course on Stavka and unless H Tower starts kicking and screaming he stays.

Yop73 (Yopov) is Murmansk Front Commander
El Awrence is propoganda minister (If he ever issues another pravda......)

That leaves a vacancy or vacancies on Stavka. (STYOM is out for right now) I believe, Ill deal with that after this next turn. I need to make sure I stuff the Stavka with Knapovich supporters.......... of course.
Old May 7, 2003, 00:23   #49
Colwyn
Civilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
Prince

Local Time: 08:45
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Post updated
Updated.
Old May 7, 2003, 01:06   #50
H Tower

Quote:
Originally posted by conmcb25
Im of course on Stavka and unless H Tower starts kicking and screaming he stays.
I'll be kicking and screaming if I'm NOT on STAVKA anymore
Old May 8, 2003, 00:24   #51
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Colwyn can you update the Stavka members in the first post as well. (STYOM out, Me in)

Can only the current 5 be in Stavka? Is there an upper limit?

Can you use freighters for unlimited movement inside our friendly mine walls? Inother words inside the UK circle and from the Murmansk Line of mines eastward? Or is all umlimited movement forbidden.

And someone has to explain airfeilds as railroads to me. I dont get that one.
Old May 8, 2003, 06:56   #52
Shaka Naldur
Emperor

if you make an airfield, it also works as a railroad, and we are not supose to use the airfields to increase the movement of our troups

we decide to have 5 Stavka members in the begining, I don´t know if there was an expecific reason

about the freighters I think that the use should be free, we have enough problems right now to make it harder
Old May 8, 2003, 08:18   #53
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Thanks Comrade Shemir!
Old May 8, 2003, 14:04   #54
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Im getting ready to nominate 2 other citizens for Stavka membership. I plan on going over the 5 memebers we have now. I am doing this because well number 1 I can! and number two I want to see how possible new front commanders may be willing to sacrifice for the Rodina before I name them. They will be given duties to perform, and I will see how they do?

Any major issues anyone wants to bring up?
Old May 8, 2003, 14:53   #55
Shaka Naldur
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by conmcb25

Any major issues anyone wants to bring up?
I like the idea, this way we have more people involved in the game,
but let's wait for the other members of the stavka...

and is the stavka who has to decide it not the marshall, remember that the stavka has the power to fire a marshall
Old May 8, 2003, 14:57   #56
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Shaka Naldur

I like the idea, this way we have more people involved in the game,
but let's wait for the other members of the stavka...

and is the stavka who has to decide it not the marshall, remember that the stavka has the power to fire a marshall
Yes, yes I know. I said nominate, not appoint. And part of my plan is too of course stuff the Stavka with Knapovich supporters.

Where do you stand comrade?
Old May 8, 2003, 15:59   #57
Shaka Naldur
Emperor

at your side, of course...
Old May 8, 2003, 16:05   #58
Dr. Nick
Spanish CiversApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 19:45
The Information Bureau will always be loyal to our Comrade Marshall.
Old May 8, 2003, 16:28   #59
H Tower

I don't like the idea of increasing the size of STAVKA
Old May 8, 2003, 16:33   #60
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
I don't like the idea of increasing the size of STAVKA
Can you elaborate? Other than too many cooks spoil the pot?