Old May 10, 2003, 22:41   #91
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Local Time: 18:45
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Ha Ha

The other guy speaks.

My god is Lenin and the glory of the worker!

And in that respect my powers ARE GODLIKE!

And I am the Rodina!

Its about time you accept that comrade!
Old May 10, 2003, 23:13   #92
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

Local Time: 17:45
Yes, you rest upon the shoulders of giants, you took the front commanders I appointed and took the credit for their victories, took the plans I had laid out at the begining and call them your own. Yes, you are the Rodina
Old May 11, 2003, 14:46   #93
Shaka Naldur
Civilization II PBEMSpanish CiversCivilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
Emperor

Local Time: 23:45
so, who's in the Stavka?
Old May 11, 2003, 15:12   #94
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Shaka Naldur
so, who's in the Stavka?
In my opinion the only person in Stavka is STYOM.
Old May 11, 2003, 17:34   #95
The ANZAC
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Quote:
Originally posted by conmcb25 In my opinion the only person in Stavka is STYOM.
How come? I thought I was on STAVKA
Old May 11, 2003, 17:47   #96
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by The ANZAC

How come? I thought I was on STAVKA
My opinion is front commanders should not be on Stavka.

It gets more people involved and I believe it should be a separate body that keeps the Marshall in check and used to be a resource on how the war should be conducted.

Now if you guys dont like that thats fine.

If you prefer the council of Generals thats OK too.

But then the Marshall should have the ability to sack them at will. And you still then need a POLITICAL body that the Marshall answers too!

Right now we have a half a$$ organization that is a little of both, serves neither purpose, and doesn't do anything to get more people involved.

Ive got two guys RIGHT NOW who want to do something and I dont have anything for them.

But you Colwyn and Shaka are doing double duty.

Just doesn't make sense to me.

And Im speaking as me not the Marshall. And I would like you guys to keep an open mind because we are paving the way for the future here!

Last edited by conmcb25; May 11, 2003 at 18:13.
Old May 11, 2003, 19:08   #97
The ANZAC
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Sure, makes sense, but then how do front commanders have any input? Will a civilian council (ie the new STAVKA) be making military decisions that bind the front commanders?
Old May 11, 2003, 19:57   #98
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Sure, makes sense, but then how do front commanders have any input? Will a civilian council (ie the new STAVKA) be making military decisions that bind the front commanders?
In strategic Terms I guess the answer would be yes.

On Operational and Tactical terms the answer would be no.

At least that would be MHO.

Front Commanders would have input to the Marshall who is obligated to keep the Stavka or what ever you want to call it happy.
Old May 11, 2003, 20:00   #99
The ANZAC
King

but you can't just dismiss the current STAVKA which is composed of myself, H Tower, Colwyn, Six Thousand Year Old Man, Shaka Naldur. or has it been already?
Old May 11, 2003, 20:06   #100
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
but you can't just dismiss the current STAVKA which is composed of myself, H Tower, Colwyn, Six Thousand Year Old Man, Shaka Naldur. or has it been already?
Is that the current Stavka?

The Marshall is not part of Stavka. So when H fleeted up to Marshall he theoretically was no longer on Stavka. Does he go back when he steps down and a seat remains open?

See what I mean its a tad bit screwy right now. And from what I have seen STAVKA hasn't done much up to this point so changing it shouldn't be that big of a deal.

Im just trying to get something that makes sense and gets more people involved. Like I said right now 2 more guys want to get involved, would you like to give up your front and just be STAVKA? Probably not.

See what I mean.?
Old May 11, 2003, 20:15   #101
The ANZAC
King

true, that's why I think there should be a military council of all front commanders PLUS the marshall, and then a STAVKA composed of ministers/asst ministers/civilians. Is that workable? 2 different councils?
Old May 11, 2003, 20:18   #102
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Why not the one council of "war" headed by the Marshall is accountable to the civilian political council.

I would buy that.

And we would have to figure out a way where the councils could clean house.

If a stavka rep is screwing up then the rest can vote him out.

And we would have to figure how someone gewts on the councils.

Vote or appointment and by whom?
Old May 11, 2003, 20:26   #103
The ANZAC
King

I say we have STAVKA (military council of front commanders with marshal in charge. everyong has one vote, though marshal has final say. front commanders are appointed by CEC, but front commanders appoint the marshal and he stays as long as they wany)

and a CEC (Central Executive Committee of ministers/asst ministers/civilians with no head. Everyone has one vote, they are elected to a 1 year [in RF time ofcourse ] term and if there is enough popular support, elections can happen early or members removed.)

Does this proposal sound reasonable?
Old May 11, 2003, 20:48   #104
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Yes, Im really beginning to like you despite the fact you are a secessionist!

This sounds reasonable. Gives more people input, and allows for rotation of personnel thru various positions.

The two current ministers would be on the CEC correct?

Are we missing anything?

Id like to hear from H on this one. (His exams are over this week)
Old May 11, 2003, 21:12   #105
Colwyn
Civilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
Prince

Local Time: 08:45
Local Date: November 2, 2010
I would accept that proposal anzac
Like the 1yr terms!
Old May 11, 2003, 21:23   #106
The ANZAC
King

Thanks, but I think I'll keep my secession

Yeah the one terms apply to the CEC (the number of whom can vary according to need) They pretty much do all the bureaucracy and petty arguing

While STAVKA (the commanders being appointed by the CEC indefinitely until the CEC wants to change them) talk about general strategy and tactics (though the CEC is welcome to put in input too) and they choose an outdsider, non-front commander as Marshal indefinitely until they choose to sack him.
Old May 11, 2003, 21:24   #107
Dr. Nick
Spanish CiversApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 19:45
The People will be persuaded to like the proposal.
Old May 11, 2003, 21:27   #108
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by El Awrence
The People will be persuaded to like the proposal.
Yes we have ways of doing that, especially since I believe we need a KGB guy on the CEC.

Old May 11, 2003, 21:39   #109
Xenozod
Civilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II PBEM
Warlord

Local Time: 16:45
Did you recieve my message, Marshal?
Old May 11, 2003, 22:00   #110
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Xenozod
Did you recieve my message, Marshal?
Yes and Im working on your request, have you read this thread?
Old May 11, 2003, 23:21   #111
Xenozod
Civilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II PBEM
Warlord

Local Time: 16:45
Only the last few messages. I will proceed to now.
Old May 12, 2003, 01:59   #112
Six Thousand Year Old Man
Civilization II Succession Games
King

I favour the revised version of STAVKA - a military council, and a separate civilian council.

In terms of what role each would play - I agree, it makes more sense for the civilian council to make grand strategy decisions (what should the tax rate be? do we advance on a broad front, or a concentrated thrust to Berlin? Do we sack the Marshal? etc.) - and the front commanders to make tactical calls.

There'd have to be a balance betweem the role of the civilian council and the general voting citizenry, and I'm not quite sure how that would work.

I'd also say that it doesn't make a lot of sense for the general commanding a sector to be setting build orders for cities - that would more likely be the job of a civilian commissar - but that's probably impractical.

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
"A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)
Old May 12, 2003, 03:17   #113
EZRhino
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

Local Time: 15:45
Location: Sunset and the evening star And one clear call for me.
I favor Anzacs proposal, as long as CEC members are voted in rather than appointed. However, I am confused, can the Marshal no longer commision new commanders or just that he can not stick them in Stavka?

Sors salutis/ et virtutis/ michi nunc contraria,/ est affectus/ et defectus/ semper in angaria./
Hac in hora/ sine mora/ corde pulsem tangite;/ quod per sortem/ sternit fortem,/ mecum omnes plangite!

Last edited by EZRhino; May 12, 2003 at 03:22.
Old May 12, 2003, 07:03   #114
greeny
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
Prince

Local Time: 22:45
These sound like good ideas but with all these orginisations I think we could do with separate sub-forums for STAVKA and the CEC so each orginisation can hold plently of votes and separate topics of disscusion without totaly cluttering and confusing the main forum.
Old May 12, 2003, 08:46   #115
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by greeny
These sound like good ideas but with all these orginisations I think we could do with separate sub-forums for STAVKA and the CEC so each orginisation can hold plently of votes and separate topics of disscusion without totaly cluttering and confusing the main forum.
I dont think we are big enough for our britches yet to get sub forums! However I see us getting another sticky thread for the CEC. We already have one for STAVKA. One more wont make much difference. At least not IMHO.
Old May 12, 2003, 15:46   #116
greeny
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
Prince

Local Time: 22:45
Quote:
Originally posted by conmcb25
At least not IMHO.
Is my memory for internet acronyms failing me or did our Marshal just call his opinion "humble"!
Old May 12, 2003, 17:02   #117
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by greeny

Is my memory for internet acronyms failing me or did our Marshal just call his opinion "humble"!
ERR, Umm, well, .............

Oh I know I was speaking as conmcb25, not the Marshall! Whew that was a close one, I almost ruined my entire Marshall Image!
Old May 12, 2003, 17:43   #118
The ANZAC
King

CEC councilmen are voted on by the whole community. They in turn appoint front commanders, and the front commanders select someone else to be marshal. At least this is how I see it. I think we have the general idea down though
Old May 12, 2003, 17:57   #119
Shaka Naldur
Civilization II PBEMSpanish CiversCivilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
Emperor

Local Time: 23:45
wrong thread

Last edited by Shaka Naldur; May 12, 2003 at 18:03.
Old May 12, 2003, 18:01   #120
The ANZAC
King

fixed that