Old May 12, 2003, 18:09   #121
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Local Time: 18:45
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by The ANZAC
CEC councilmen are voted on by the whole community. They in turn appoint front commanders, and the front commanders select someone else to be marshal. At least this is how I see it. I think we have the general idea down though
Yep this is what I agree with. And this is the Threead I would prefer to discuss overhauling the Stavka and Establishing the CEC or did I miss something above?
Old May 12, 2003, 19:52   #122
EZRhino
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

Local Time: 15:45
Location: Sunset and the evening star And one clear call for me.
Will the marshal still be able to sack commanders?

Sors salutis/ et virtutis/ michi nunc contraria,/ est affectus/ et defectus/ semper in angaria./
Hac in hora/ sine mora/ corde pulsem tangite;/ quod per sortem/ sternit fortem,/ mecum omnes plangite!
Old May 12, 2003, 20:05   #123
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Yes, he can sack commanders. And if the Commanders want to get together and sack him then can as well. At least thats my opinion. (Nothing humble about it Greenyov! )
Old May 12, 2003, 20:45   #124
Xenozod
Civilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II PBEM
Warlord

Local Time: 16:45
Commander 1: I ask today for a vote on the subject of dismissing our current rodina!

Commander 2: I vote yay!

Commanders present: Yay!

Commander 1: With my last vote, the fate of the current Marshal shall be decided!

(All commanders present are sacked)
Old May 12, 2003, 22:13   #125
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Xenozod
Commander 1: I ask today for a vote on the subject of dismissing our current rodina!

Commander 2: I vote yay!

Commanders present: Yay!

Commander 1: With my last vote, the fate of the current Marshal shall be decided!

(All commanders present are sacked)
I just want you to know it is very EASY to send a Red Army Soldier to the Gulag. No political repercussions at all..............
Old May 12, 2003, 22:16   #126
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

There will be no "sacking " of present Front Commanders.

This is just a proposal to clearly define Civilian and military authority and also get some more interested folks involved in a productive way.

How are we going to approve this, Should we have a vote ?
Old May 12, 2003, 23:31   #127
Xenozod
Warlord

I my opinion, the entire point of a Democracy game is participation. The creation of the CEC will allow more people to get involved. I myself was hesitant to run for a position before, but with the CEC's creation impending, I now hope to have the chance to be on it. The more people involved in this game, the better.
Old May 13, 2003, 00:18   #128
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

OK tomorrow Im going to try to put down in one post what the changes to Stavka would be and what the new CEC or POLITBURO would be. (Could we just call it the Politburo Anzac?)

So in the next 12 hours or so if you have an idea about what the jobs in the new politburo/CEC should be post then here.

My ideas thus far:
Armaments Minister
Economic Minister
Propoganda Minister
(All the above existing)
NKVD or KGB
Political Officer
General Secratary (only has one vote more of an organizer than a supreme dictator.)

Thats six we should have one more so no ties.

Any ideas?

If we dont get enough interest we cap it at 5.

Any other comments or ideas will be welcome. Im going to start typing in about 10 hours or so.
Old May 13, 2003, 02:25   #129
EZRhino
Prince

What purpose would these new positions serve? So far I like the proposed reforms, but this seems like a fifth weel.

Sors salutis/ et virtutis/ michi nunc contraria,/ est affectus/ et defectus/ semper in angaria./
Hac in hora/ sine mora/ corde pulsem tangite;/ quod per sortem/ sternit fortem,/ mecum omnes plangite!
Old May 13, 2003, 06:52   #130
Dr. Nick
Spanish CiversApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 19:45
I like Politburo :d:
Old May 13, 2003, 10:04   #131
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by EZRhino
What purpose would these new positions serve? So far I like the proposed reforms, but this seems like a fifth weel.
To provide control over the civilian portions of the game, like the Urals build up, what tech we should research, what the taxes should be, where the convoys (trade units) go., etc.

Plus the big thing in my mind is it gives additional people a chance to contribute. Thats the most important reason. This is a Democracy Game after all.
Old May 13, 2003, 17:02   #132
The ANZAC
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 17:45
Well, sure we can call it the Politburo. However, limiting it to five or six, well, seems like nto a lot. What about deputy ministers? or just common citizens? They should have a place on here, as this would sort of be the argument committee in a way Just my 2 cents.
Old May 13, 2003, 17:32   #133
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

Quote:
CEC councilmen are voted on by the whole community. They in turn appoint front commanders, and the front commanders select someone else to be marshal. At least this is how I see it. I think we have the general idea down though

WHAT???

You have the front commanders selecting the marshal? No, no no! It should be the marshal selecting the front commanders. The commanders should not be playing at politics, they should be planning strategy, and fighting battles! Let the Marshal select the fron commanders. And the CEC or POLITBURO, whichever we decide to call it, select the marshal.

As for the politburo, why not keep it at 5? it could be called the defense council council, with everyone having a vote in the wider politburo (which is basically just the entire Red Front Community)
Old May 13, 2003, 17:35   #134
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Well, sure we can call it the Politburo. However, limiting it to five or six, well, seems like nto a lot. What about deputy ministers? or just common citizens? They should have a place on here, as this would sort of be the argument committee in a way Just my 2 cents.
Yep great idea keep them comming Anzac!

We could have 5 to 7 positions, and then everyone else could be on a "Central Committee", just like the Soviet Union.

And it could become the forum for everyone to contribute and or b1tch or whatever.

This is good if someone has a "position" they probably feel they should contribute more. Good Good Good, this is shaping up.
Old May 13, 2003, 17:37   #135
Xenozod
Warlord

Here is one way we could do this:

Keep all of the positions mentioned by the Marshal except for Political Officer, so there will be no ties.

Each position be given deputy officers that can be delegated certain matters. This would allow even more people to participate.

This is just a suggestion, of course.
Old May 13, 2003, 17:39   #136
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by H Tower

WHAT???

You have the front commanders selecting the marshal? No, no no! It should be the marshal selecting the front commanders. The commanders should not be playing at politics, they should be planning strategy, and fighting battles! Let the Marshal select the fron commanders. And the CEC or POLITBURO, whichever we decide to call it, select the marshal.

As for the politburo, why not keep it at 5? it could be called the defense council council, with everyone having a vote in the wider politburo (which is basically just the entire Red Front Community)
I dont have a problem with the selections being done this way BUT I would prefer not to limit the Politburu to 5. Lets leave that flexible. That way if we have 7 people interested we have a 7 person politburo. If we have only 5 then we have only 5. I just dont want to set an artificial number before this thing gets going.

Sound OK H?

I still need to put the proposal in one post. I will work on that soon.
Old May 13, 2003, 17:41   #137
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Here is one way we could do this:

Keep all of the positions mentioned by the Marshal except for Political Officer, so there will be no ties.

Each position be given deputy officers that can be delegated certain matters. This would allow even more people to participate.

This is just a suggestion, of course.
This is good too!

The 5 or 7 could after elected appoint there own deputies. Then just about everyone could have a "position" whether elected or not. Im just thinking of that ownership issue again. The more someone feels ownership the more someone will participate.
Old May 13, 2003, 17:49   #138
Xenozod
Warlord

Maybe the politburo could have monthly or so(game time) sessions where people could comment on the decisions it makes. I think the politburo would be willing to listen and even change some of its policies, thus enabling everybody to have a hand in the government.

I also support the idea of aloowing members of the politburo to elect their own deputies.
Old May 13, 2003, 17:57   #139
EZRhino
Prince

Will these new ministers actually play the game? NKVD officer moving NKVD troopers and so on? If this is the case than I am against this. We dont really need to drag out the turns any more. Otherwise it would seem that any powers granted these proposed positions would be overly redundent.

Old May 13, 2003, 18:09   #140
Xenozod
Warlord

I don't think they will actually get to play the game. Also, I think instead of a NKVD officer, it will be KGB.
Old May 13, 2003, 18:17   #141
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by EZRhino
Will these new ministers actually play the game? NKVD officer moving NKVD troopers and so on? If this is the case than I am against this. We dont really need to drag out the turns any more. Otherwise it would seem that any powers granted these proposed positions would be overly redundent.
Well I guess we need a crumudgeaon in every crowd.

Is one of the goals to get more people involved or not?

If so what is the problem.

The turns have been moving fine recently. Aren't we supposed to take a little time so people who aren't actively playing can comment? And Im sticking to my directive if you dont play your turn within three days then someone else will play for you. Seems simple enough. If we stick to that we could have a turn done every 4 to 5 days, That gives p[eople a chance to comment. (Thats a good thing right, this being a demo game?)

I had a few telling me we were going to fast.

I guess you can't keep all happy.

But then if you dont like the Politburo then I guess you dont have to run. I was going to nominate you, should I not?
Old May 13, 2003, 18:27   #142
Xenozod
Warlord

If the ministers played the game, I doubt there would be much of a slowdown, as they would probably have quite a bit less to do than the Front Commanders. Unlike a PBEM, a turn every 5 days isn't that bad for a Demo game(especially one with as many people participating as this one.)
Old May 13, 2003, 18:27   #143
Shaka Naldur
Civilization II PBEMSpanish CiversCivilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
Emperor

Local Time: 23:45
I like the idea of the politburo more people involved in the game
but for example
the NKVD comander moving his units, will be a mess to do that, and at the end he will move just a few units, I aggre with EZRhino on that

I like all the positions you put for the politburo but I don´t think the powers of the politburo have been described properly
Old May 13, 2003, 18:27   #144
Xenozod
Warlord

Correct me if I'm wrong, but does the Marshal currently move the NKVD?
Old May 13, 2003, 18:33   #145
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but does the Marshal currently move the NKVD?
Only when its a reinforcement. Once an NKVD is "assigned" it belongs to the Front Commander.

I believe the idea of an NKVD guy moving all the NKVD's was discussed and canned as too time consumming.

Only one city is producing them right now and that Saratov (I think, I get that one and Saransk confused.)
Old May 13, 2003, 18:34   #146
Xenozod
Warlord

If that is the case, then instead of a NKVD position, we should go with the KGB one.
Old May 13, 2003, 18:35   #147
Shaka Naldur
Civilization II PBEMSpanish CiversCivilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
Emperor

Local Time: 23:45
Quote:
Originally posted by conmcb25

Only one city is producing them right now and that Saratov (I think, I get that one and Saransk confused.)
you are correct beloved marshall
Old May 13, 2003, 18:36   #148
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Shaka Naldur
I like all the positions you put for the politburo but I don´t think the powers of the politburo have been described properly
Yep your right , I need to work on a proposal, but unfortunately real life got in the way today and tonight I have to post a turn. (Which takes me a while)

So it will probably be tomorrow at the earliest.

And Im going to come up with Generic ideas right now. We can develop the Politburo over time. I just dont want to lock us into something, come up with a good idea later and then be able to do it because we agreed on something concrete now.

Lets let this develop and see how it goes.

remember we are inventing as we go along and hopefully what we do can become the model for whoever else does a demo game like this in the future.
Old May 13, 2003, 23:03   #149
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

Oleg Sorokin graduates from War College
I've finally finished my studies at the War College in Gorki and I'm ready to take over again as Marshal from comrade Knapovich. I'd like to complement him on a job well done in my absence, but I am ready to take command again.

-Oleg Sorokin
Old May 14, 2003, 00:29   #150
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Re: Oleg Sorokin graduates from War College
Quote:
Originally posted by H Tower
I've finally finished my studies at the War College in Gorki and I'm ready to take over again as Marshal from comrade Knapovich. I'd like to complement him on a job well done in my absence, but I am ready to take command again.

-Oleg Sorokin
No way! I already sent you to the Gulag for questioning my godlike authority! (God being Lenin of course!)

If you think you can do it try and get me to step down.

The Rodina needs me!

PS Im taking up the blanket collection soon, no hard feelings OK?