Old March 30, 2003, 01:13   #1
Sparrowhawk
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Succession Games
Emperor

Local Time: 17:46
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Democracy Games?
Question for anyone who cares to answer, I don't get the concept of "Democracy Games".

It seems to be quite an involved game with a complex hierarchy and rules, but I don't understand the basics of this type of game, or even how it is played using Civ. (I am assuming here that it is played using Civ II MPGE)

Can anyone answer in words simple enough for me to understand or point me in the right direction to find out myself?
Old March 30, 2003, 02:14   #2
SCG
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
King

in short, we have an elected president who is responsible for playing the game, and an elected cabinet, loosely based on the Civ Advisors who provide guidance for how the president is to play the game. each advisor, or minister comes up with courses of action for his/her area of responsibility and polls the people (readers of the forum) as to which they would prefer.
Old March 30, 2003, 02:42   #3
Sparrowhawk
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Succession Games
Emperor

And 7 civs played online at the same time, or as a PBEM or.....???

or just one civ and 6 ai?

And can anyone view the game file as it is being played?
Old March 30, 2003, 02:47   #4
SCG
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
King

its basically a solo play game - 1 human and up to 6 AI. The human (elected president) has several advisors who poll the people on how they want the president to play the game, but only the president plays.

As for who views the save, thats up to the people - at least in this forum, the people have voted several times only to let the president and the advisors to see the save, although it seems in other Demo games the save is available to all
Old March 30, 2003, 02:51   #5
SCG
King

you can actually broaden even that 1 human rule as well though. The Red Front game still has only 1 human player, but several people in turn take part in moving that one civ's units (each front commander actually moves the units) as opposed to this forum where the war minister provides the war plan to the president to exectute.

Also, there have been some multiplayer Demo games, where instead of 1 human civ, there are several human Civs - each with the President and advisors.
Old March 30, 2003, 02:52   #6
Sparrowhawk
Emperor

Thanks for the quick response SCG.