Old November 12, 2000, 16:43   #1
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 07:23
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Base graphics for Earth
I'm making a scenario for the moment which takes place on earth (and my earth map is much better than the one you can download here on Apolyton), and I've also created new faction text-files (3d world, USA, EU, etc.), but unfortunately I suck as an artist. So I haven't got a decent base graphic of a modern city. Does anyone know where I can get that?

Thanks,
Maniac
Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13, 2000, 14:25   #2
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Wow, I must say this is an empty forum. I know civ2 was better to create scenarios, but still...
Old November 21, 2000, 16:27   #3
JamesJKirk
Civilization II PBEM
King

Local Time: 21:23
Local Date: October 30, 2010
I believe SidGames has some to download, yeah, this place is dead, I was wondering if anyone actually played SMAC anymore. Would you be willing to send over a copy of the map?
JamesJKirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22, 2000, 03:32   #4
Helium Pond
Prince

Local Time: 05:23
I don't know why Civ sparked such an active mod community and SMAC seems to get people to have good ideas but never actually follow through. I'm not throwing stones, either--I myself have been working on a custom faction almost since I bought the game, and haven't finished it yet. But I recommend checking out:
http://www.crosswinds.net/~smaccf/

Which has many, many custom factions, with original (or stolen from somewhere else) art. And wouldn't Sim City 2000 have some art you could use?
Helium Pond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23, 2000, 14:02   #5
mark13
ACDG The Free Drones
King

Yeah, I really don't know why no-one has bothered to come up with a scenario for this, where the civ2 community is so active....

Probably because it is a lot harder (and requires a lot more work) in SMAC to create scenarios. I did one a few months ago, and never bothered since, to be honest....
mark13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27, 2000, 01:02   #6
Maniac

Ah nice, I do get some comments. Thanks. I will of course send the map one of the following days, when I find a free moment in my busy life. For the same reason, my busy existence, it will certainly be a while before the scenario is finished.
Old November 27, 2000, 02:41   #7
Helium Pond
Prince

M@ni@c:

If you send the file to Apolyton, don't expect to see it again. It seems like the files section is updated every, oh... never. The best bet, if you want to make the file available to others, is to have someone make it downloadable from their site, and post a web address here.
Helium Pond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27, 2000, 07:39   #8
mark13
ACDG The Free Drones
King

Yep, Apolyton couldn't give two hoots about SMAC anymore. You're best off posting a link to another site, or even making it available via ICQ/e-mail.

But one query about the map - is there fungus on this map?
mark13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1, 2000, 14:13   #9
Maniac

Damn, just remember I had to send you the file, JamesJKirk.

Well, I actually already have sent the file once to Apolyton, together with a game I won at MY 2190 - my record. And indeed, it still isn't put on the site.
THANKS MARKG!!!
But unfortunately, I don't have ICQ or a site myself. Would SidGames be open for a map? I have never been there, to be honest.

About the map: it's a small-standard (perhaps a bigger edition will come later) map with more Dunes than in reality. That's because I have taken global warming into account in my scenariomap. But those Dunes can easily be reduced.
And yes, I have used Fungus (reflects ecological damage and pollution in my scenario). It has the funcion of snow, swamp and mangrove. As a consequence, Antarctica is full, some mountain ranges are slightly covered and some coastal sea squares.

Mark13, I'll send you the map as well. Helium Pond, unfortunately your address is unavailable.
[This message has been edited by M@ni@c (edited December 01, 2000).]
Old December 3, 2000, 15:45   #10
Blak
Settler

I`m interested in your Earth map
please send :

Janiem@koti.tpo.fi
Blak is offline   Reply With Quote