Old May 14, 2003, 04:08   #61
EZRhino
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

Local Time: 15:51
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Location: Sunset and the evening star And one clear call for me.
Re: Re: Action Plan for Jan 1942 ---> end winter
Quote:
Originally posted by conmcb25
How does one uncover hidden terrain improvements?
By pressing "t".

Sors salutis/ et virtutis/ michi nunc contraria,/ est affectus/ et defectus/ semper in angaria./
Hac in hora/ sine mora/ corde pulsem tangite;/ quod per sortem/ sternit fortem,/ mecum omnes plangite!
Old May 15, 2003, 03:44   #62
Colwyn
Civilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
Prince

Local Time: 08:51
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Action report Jan 42
About 18 German divisions killed in and around the Pripayrt Marshes by partisan activity.

German hedgehog destroyed near moscow (see pic) by local partisans.

Various german units killed entering or about to enter the salient.

6 Bombers destroyed on the ground.

For some reason I cannot save as JPG (pc problem)
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	hedge.bmp
Views:	4
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	45103  
Old May 15, 2003, 03:47   #63
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

Local Time: 17:51
colwyn's pic:
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	hedge.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	45104  
Old May 17, 2003, 05:30   #64
Colwyn
Prince

Re: Re: Action Plan for Jan 1942 ---> end winter
Quote:
Originally posted by conmcb25
Where (screenshot please) is it a good defensive location? Will it help to continue hindering German spawning and infiltration just to the north of Vitebsk?

Can it be built and hold till we build units and improvements in it?
This is a proposed plan for a limited offensive in the belorussian salient that will require a simultaneous offensive from my northern commander to take back Kholm at least this winter. (this will allow me unaposed time in winter to create these cities and get things organised)

This will even out the front and provide our troops in the region a city to rest in to at least hold back the germans a bit longer in summer 42 should they attempt a mass attack.

Call it a buffer zone, we can use penalty divisions to man them and other undesirables like prisoners to build/settle them.

Ideally each front city should have 1 KV and one AA, to act as blocking units.

The 2 red russian arrows indicate a larger and more risky manouver(greater reward though)not reccomended unless substational forces (not likely as Yarasolv was not building lots of cossacks in summer) become available.

I also cannot stress enough my dissapointment that the fleeing refugee's were withdrawn so far from the front line's(my troops rounded up a few and have put them to work this winter) rather than resetling cities close by that could be providing Red guards per turn this winter. We need troops now not big tanks in 2yrs time!

What are the traitors doing near Yarensk! They should have founded a new city and begun industrialising now.
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	front.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	45297  
Old May 17, 2003, 06:04   #65
Shaka Naldur
Civilization II PBEMSpanish CiversCivilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
Emperor

Local Time: 23:51
your tactics are quite new for me, I've never thought on building new cities the way you do before,
maybe one or two in the rear of the defensive line, but but I see that it works
Old May 17, 2003, 06:16   #66
Colwyn
Prince

Yes this is new to me too
Quote:
Originally posted by Shaka Naldur
your tactics are quite new for me, I've never thought on building new cities the way you do before,
maybe one or two in the rear of the defensive line, but but I see that it works
Its amazing how I've played the game differently when I have a smaller front and thus can focus/spend more time on it.

You also become more depended on your own cities and reinforcements so creating new ones becomes important.

We'll see how well it all goes in Summer 42 as these are all new attempted plans.

Order in Chaos Comrade!
Old May 17, 2003, 06:56   #67
Shaka Naldur
Emperor

yes, now I care about any single unit, I have everything in my front under control
way different from a normal game
Old May 17, 2003, 08:55   #68
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Local Time: 18:51
Re: Re: Re: Action Plan for Jan 1942 ---> end winter
Quote:
Originally posted by Colwyn
This is a proposed plan for a limited offensive in the belorussian salient that will require a simultaneous offensive from my northern commander to take back Kholm at least this winter. (this will allow me unaposed time in winter to create these cities and get things organised)[/SIZE]
Comrade have you coordinated this with the NW Front Commander? We should have been discussing these strategies in lenght last fall. I would have to check but I dont believe the NW Front has recieved any of the new T-34's yet.

Quote:
Originally posted by Colwyn This will even out the front and provide our troops in the region a city to rest in to at least hold back the germans a bit longer in summer 42 should they attempt a mass attack.

Call it a buffer zone, we can use penalty divisions to man them and other undesirables like prisoners to build/settle them.

Ideally each front city should have 1 KV and one AA, to act as blocking units.

The 2 red russian arrows indicate a larger and more risky manouver(greater reward though)not reccomended unless substational forces (not likely as Yarasolv was not building lots of cossacks in summer) become available.

I also cannot stress enough my dissapointment that the fleeing refugee's were withdrawn so far from the front line's(my troops rounded up a few and have put them to work this winter) rather than resetling cities close by that could be providing Red guards per turn this winter. We need troops now not big tanks in 2yrs time!
Well again Comrade we should have discussed at lenght last fall as a group. I saw you were utilizing these workers therefore I left them alone in your sector. I did also lasso some refugees around Gorky with the intent of sending them forward but when I did NOT play the arms minister they wound up past Kirov the Following turn. I was going to pop a quick Industry in Gorkiy and then use them for this purpose. AGAIN we should have discussed this as a group last fall. This is a great idea but not "standard" RF strategy. Not everyone is going to think of this.

Quote:
Originally posted by Colwyn
What are the traitors doing near Yarensk! They should have founded a new city and begun industrialising now.
I dont know? I would suggest you post in the Arms Ministers thread and suggest he do something with them.

This is EXACTLY why

number 1: Front Commanders and Ministers HAVE to work together

number 2: We need a strong Marshall position so that you guys will have to work together. (And Im talking about preserving the power of the position here)

Great plan hopefully you can coordinate it and get your flanking front commanders to support you.
Old May 17, 2003, 09:50   #69
The ANZAC
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

The idea seems nice, but the North-West front has been understaffed and does not have all the most updated equipment. So I'm not sure how feasible it is. When were you planning on launching this offensive?
Old May 17, 2003, 10:46   #70
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by The ANZAC
The idea seems nice, but the North-West front has been understaffed and does not have all the most updated equipment. So I'm not sure how feasible it is. When were you planning on launching this offensive?
Yes we have not adequetely staffed you for this comrade, if you are to do this you definately need reinforcements!

Keep talking!
Old May 17, 2003, 11:33   #71
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

To pull off such an attack along the Northwest front seems like folly to me. The germans have been advancing in that area almost unchallenged, it stretches my imagination to even consider such a broad stroke. However, I have looked at the save some more and it might be possible, however all reinforcements earmarked for the belorussian front would have to be diverted to the Northwest front for the next several turns. Also, the northwest front has received none of the new T34/74 or SU122 late model tanks. What does the Northwest front commander believe he will need in addition to the troops already under his command to accomplish this task?
Old May 17, 2003, 12:10   #72
The ANZAC
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Probably just T-34s and Su-122s. I have enough units to hold my own, as I am stopping the Germans at Demyansk. I probably need tanks that have high movement points in the winter (ie T-34s and SU-122s) to be able to reach out and hit the germans. I like the idea. I just hope I don't overextend myself, I don't think I will.
Old May 17, 2003, 15:28   #73
H Tower

I will so advise the armaments minister, production in cities close to the front will begin producing t-34s or su-122's for you to use in the coming attack.
Will the two commanders be kind enough give an estimate of which month this attack will begin? i realize this is difficult to do right now because we do not have a schedule of when the neccessary tanks will arrive.
Old May 17, 2003, 16:14   #74
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

I will give my best estimate this evening USA time of what, where and when it will arrive.

Both assault force and follow up reinforcements.

BTW I need RUBLES!

If there is anything you can live without in your cities let me know. In the future Ill try and coordinate this better with Comrade Greeny but I've only been doing this job for about 73 minutes!
Old May 17, 2003, 16:52   #75
Bossy20000
Prince

Will this attack succeed this winter? We have not so much time left. We could keep it for next year, and prepare it, so we might even go as far as the Baltic States! A combined attack from Leningrad and Smolensk/Vitebsk, together with partisan activities from Colwyn might do the trick, but we would need some preparations, so I think we should wait another year, and first finish the Finnish!
Old May 17, 2003, 17:31   #76
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Bossy20000
Will this attack succeed this winter? We have not so much time left. We could keep it for next year, and prepare it, so we might even go as far as the Baltic States! A combined attack from Leningrad and Smolensk/Vitebsk, together with partisan activities from Colwyn might do the trick, but we would need some preparations, so I think we should wait another year, and first finish the Finnish!
I can neither agree or disagree Comrade all I know is I have my orders from my Marshall.

Nothing else matters..............
Old May 17, 2003, 17:57   #77
Shaka Naldur
Emperor

I think we should wait for next winter, there are still a lot of fascists pigs hanging around, and we need to secure Kallinin
Old May 17, 2003, 18:11   #78
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Shaka Naldur
I think we should wait for next winter, there are still a lot of fascists pigs hanging around, and we need to secure Kallinin
We have our orders comrade. Are you saying you dont want to do what the Marshall says?
Old May 17, 2003, 18:20   #79
Shaka Naldur
Emperor

No, just that we should pospone the attack for the next winter
Old May 18, 2003, 00:43   #80
H Tower

Quote:
Originally posted by The ANZAC
If the plan is to succeed, the attack must begin immediately, or winter will be over. I have directed the armaments minister to rush several Su122 for next turn. However, I will leave the decision on whether to actually launch the attack up to you, it is unfortunate that this plan did not arise until just now

Perhaps it is time for a bold stroke though, eh commander?
Old May 18, 2003, 05:52   #81
Bossy20000
Prince

Comrade Marshal! YOU should make the decisions, after consultation of your front commanders! It is your responsebility, not theirs. It is you we will replace if this does not succeed You can join the rest of our former Marshals in the Gulag (although one seems to have escaped from there )

We could try, but if we don't succeed, we might loose Smolensk, Vitebsk and Demyansk! We don't have enough reserves, so we might consider waiting another year to launch an attack. This being said, it stays your call, comrade Marshal!
Old May 18, 2003, 09:41   #82
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
You can join the rest of our former Marshals in the Gulag (although one seems to have escaped from there )
Wait one minute. I was never officially sent to the Gulag. I just want to make that point clear. Comrade Sorokin was wise enough to know he could use my enormous talents amd kept me around. Therefore he has my unquestioned loyalty.

Dont spread falsehoods comrade or YOU could end up in
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	gulag big.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	21.0 KB
ID:	45375  
Old May 18, 2003, 09:51   #83
Bossy20000
Prince

My mistake then comrade, but I heard rumours about you being ready for transport to the Gulag. I will need to punish some of my spies ...uhm... intelligence officers!
Old May 18, 2003, 13:23   #84
H Tower

Quote:
Comrade Marshal! YOU should make the decisions, after consultation of your front commanders!
Bingo! I want to hear what my front commander who would be in charge of such an attack thinks. This whole plan is being rushed forward, without many units being brought up in support of the plan. I want to know if he thinks he can carry out the plan.
Old May 18, 2003, 14:15   #85
Bossy20000
Prince

It would be nice if we could take the initiative in this war, and have him respond our actions, but we can't rush ourselves in an adventure which could cost us some cities, cities we can keep at the moment! We haven't got the number of units to make large scale attacks yet, so we must consider evey move very carefully, for one unit could make the difference.
Old May 18, 2003, 14:25   #86
H Tower

from now on, could everyone please discuss the potential North-West front attack in the northwest front thread please?
Old May 18, 2003, 14:48   #87
H Tower

northern part of the front situation:
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	image4.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	106.1 KB
ID:	45390  
Old May 18, 2003, 15:35   #88
Bossy20000
Prince

Ok,comrade Marshal, but I was not only referring to this attack and this front, what I said counts for every front, also the belorussian. (there were people talking about retaking Kharkov)
Old May 18, 2003, 15:41   #89
The ANZAC
King

Colwyn: still want to go through with the offensive? If so, I say we begin in a turn or two.
Old May 18, 2003, 16:08   #90
Shaka Naldur
Emperor

colwyn, where are you going to build the city in the marshes, I would like to discuss with you first since the way you put we can expect to hold Gomel, Bryansk, etc...