Old April 1, 2003, 21:24   #61
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 09:52
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Thats life for you though.

Good luck, at any rate.
Old April 1, 2003, 22:19   #62
Willem
Emperor

Local Time: 15:52
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Skanky Burns
Thats life for you though.

Good luck, at any rate.
Thanks, I really appreciate it. At least the worst part is over, I can relax a bit now. My body sure aches today though. I've spent a good part of the last three years sitting front of a computer; it's not used to having to run around like a madman getting things done. In a strange way, it actually felt pretty good. Nothing like a solid adrenaline rush to remind me I'm still alive! And I managed to keep my head about me through it all as well, which is always a nice feeling. I guess I can be pretty cool under fire, or so it seems.

It sure felt rather strange giving my statement in the cop car though. If he only knew!
Old April 1, 2003, 23:39   #63
Amesjustin
NationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III PBEM
Warlord

Re: I don't believe this!
Quote:
Originally posted by Willem
And here's me with a little "garden" in the basement running around trying to clean things up, with a couple of police hanging around. Talk about an adrenaline rush!
Perhaps the 'houseplants' should be, er, consumed tonight lest they be discovered tomorrow. If you need help, let me know....
Old April 2, 2003, 00:42   #64
Willem
Emperor

Re: Re: I don't believe this!
Quote:
Originally posted by Amesjustin

Perhaps the 'houseplants' should be, er, consumed tonight lest they be discovered tomorrow. If you need help, let me know....
Well thanks for the offer, but I have everything taken care of now. Although I could point you to a spot by the river where I dumped the immature ones.
Old April 2, 2003, 00:45   #65
Willem
Emperor

Cool, I've now become an out of the closet pot grower. Or former at least.

My babies, my poor, poor babies. snifff
Old April 2, 2003, 00:53   #66
Kramerman
Prince

Local Time: 16:52
Quote:
Cool, I've now become an out of the closet pot grower. Or former at least.

My babies, my poor, poor babies. snifff

dont worry. However, you have a long way to go, coming out of the closet is only the first step
Old April 2, 2003, 01:25   #67
Tingkai
Prince

Local Time: 06:52
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
I'll be having a fire sale with what I have left and hopefully I'll be able to find an honest job before the money runs out.
good to see you haven't lost your sense of humour.

Too bad about the change in lifestyles, but it could have been worse. It could have been a satisfied customer who, when the cops ask why she's so happy, points to you.
Old April 2, 2003, 01:40   #68
Willem
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Tingkai

good to see you haven't lost your sense of humour.
I've pretty much lost everything else, a sense of humour is almost all I have left. The whole situation is so phenomonally ludicrous I can't help but chuckle at it, now that it's behind me somewhat. At least things worked out for the best, so far as can be expected under the circumstances.

And I handled myself quite well, which I'm rather proud of. That was alot of **** to deal with all at once, and I took care of what needed to be done without losing it. Well, aside from getting very angry with that stupid driver!
Old April 2, 2003, 02:46   #69
korn469
Emperor

Local Time: 17:52
Quote:
I've pretty much lost everything else, a sense of humour is almost all I have left. The whole situation is so phenomonally ludicrous I can't help but chuckle at it, now that it's behind me somewhat. At least things worked out for the best, so far as can be expected under the circumstances.
same here...

a long time ago we were on the edge of poverty and we had this huge old car, it was a 2 door brown oldmobile monster, with a nasty ass gas leak. unfortunantly it was all we had. one day, my brother mom and I were driving to the store and it died, the engine blew up in it. my brother and I had to push this HUGE HEAVY ASS car up a hill while my mom steered, and when we got it half way up the hill it became too heavy and we had to get out of the way and watch it roll down the hill with my mom trying to keep it under control, and she was yelling. when it finally came to a stop, my brother and I walked down the hill, and we'd been playing ghengis khan II for the super nintendo for like a week straight and one of us looked at the other one and said a line from the game "oh to be young again" which made us laugh so hard that we almost cried! it was too funny. even with my mom yelling at us, and our only car blowing up, we still thought it was the funniest thing in the world. I guess it all worked out in the end, losing that car wasn't the end of my life, but the memories of laughing at its demise are something that will be with me forever.

Thanks for showing concern last night. It helped. I hope things continue to line out for you!
Old April 2, 2003, 10:48   #70
Willem
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by korn469

Thanks for showing concern last night. It helped. I hope things continue to line out for you!
Thanks, I feel strangely confident really. I'm about to embark on a new adventure, something I haven't had for a long time. I used to travel alot when I was younger, so I'm kind of getting back in touch with those feelings I once had then. A little scary, but also invigorating. And I know that no matter what happens, I'll still have my life, something that someone in Iraq certainly can't be sure of right now. I consider myself very fortunate right now that I live in Canada.

And I hope that things work out for you as well, and that my little escapade has done you some good. I know when you're bummed out that it's easy to feel that you're the only one in the world with problems. So welcome to the human race, we all have to go through **** at some point in our lives. It will pass in time, especially at your age.