Old April 1, 2003, 15:55   #1
realpolitic
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Prince

Local Time: 14:55
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Private Forums for Citystates game?
A big part of PtW games is the backstabbing- Civilization has always been about choosing who to attack between your #1 enemy and a punching bag, I'd like to keep the possalities open. Not having private forums would channel our intentions down the cooperative path. Lets keep paranioa alive, and increase the possibilty that an inter faction war will kill us all. MAD would add an interesting dimension to the game!
Old April 1, 2003, 19:57   #2
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 16:55
I'd say go for private forums - It's rather difficult to plan and backstab if the enemy knows your plan of attack. We evil would-be world conquerors need our privacy.
Old April 1, 2003, 20:04   #3
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

Local Time: 18:55
It's obvious we need private forums, but whether or not Markos will deliver is the question.
Old April 1, 2003, 23:03   #4
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

No, the entire purpose of this was for it to be in the open making it more difficult to successfully plot against one another. With private forums it will just be another PTW Demo game, this was supposed to be something lighthearted and different.
Old April 1, 2003, 23:13   #5
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 15:55
I concur GF
Old April 2, 2003, 01:52   #6
Thrumble
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEM
Prince

Local Time: 22:55
Yes, I am in agreement. There will still be pms and closed chat sessions for plotting and conspiracy but the overall progress and dominance of each citystate will be available for all to see.
Old April 2, 2003, 02:20   #7
ManicStarSeed
C4DG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityBtS Tri-League
Prince

Local Time: 14:55
One of the key elements is that the teams will be playing cooperatively each one coordinating its own win, out in the open for the other city sytates can help or not.

I am against open forums,. Let the secret stuff happen secretely, via PMs, email and private chats.

B ut then again I am not playing. So I am pulling the world together for you....

here is my two cents...

An idea I like is to have 6 (or three) human Civs. Spaceship Cultural and Dominations are the only wins available. Two (or one) civs per victory conditions. 2-3 Sick growing AI on Emperor, standard world lots of contenents, dispersed resources.

That is the basics of the mod I have going.
I still need to figure out what the hidden nationality mod does....

Mss
[edit:clarity]

Last edited by ManicStarSeed; April 2, 2003 at 02:29.
Old April 2, 2003, 19:30   #8
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

Local Time: 17:55
Yeah no private forum.... We are all one "nation".. it will be like political parties plotting something agst another party. It has to be done in that fashion.

Also, we gotta allow backstabbing. Since everyone will be a member of all city states, it would be harder to decide who will support your lil political agenda, and consider that into the political game. Now that would be fun.
Old April 3, 2003, 12:09   #9
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

You know we could alter the scenario data so that if we had 4 human teams each AI would start with 4 workers and 4 settlers thus giving each AI team the exact number of starting units as the combined Human teams.
Old April 3, 2003, 13:42   #10
Gramphos
staff
Civilization III MultiplayerC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV: MultiplayerAge of Nations TeamC4BtSDG Realms BeyondCivilization IV Creators
Technical Director

Local Time: 00:55
Local Date: November 2, 2010
I'm positive to private forums, as some things might be pure citystate affairs.
Old April 3, 2003, 14:05   #11
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

Local Time: 18:55
You really think that no private forums can work?

As soon as each team starts up the game, they post a screenshot.

Now everyone knows where everyone else is, no matter how close or far away.

There are many issues that could mire things down without private forums. Either that or everything could be conducted via PMs.
Old April 3, 2003, 19:25   #12
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

Local Time: 17:55
Trip, we are gonna start right next to each other since thats how we are gonna mod the map. We are a city state after all.

Quote:
Originally posted by GhengisFarb
You know we could alter the scenario data so that if we had 4 human teams each AI would start with 4 workers and 4 settlers thus giving each AI team the exact number of starting units as the combined Human teams.
More like 5-6. Because we are mutiple civs, our multiple traits allowes us to technically start out with more than 2 tech.