Old April 1, 2003, 21:54   #1
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 22:56
Local Date: November 1, 2010
DarkCloud gets Banning Rights
W00t!

Along with my new moderatorial status- I now have BANNING rights!

yes, that's right!

(but only in this civ III stories forum) I can ban anyone from this section of the site--- so that they cant spam here... in the meantime Ming will be informed so that he can deal with a more permanent ban.

Well, at least it's a step up
Old April 1, 2003, 22:05   #2
jdd2007
NationStates
King

Local Time: 18:56
cool, so how bribable are you?
Old April 1, 2003, 22:54   #3
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Not very.
Ask the fellows at CGN
Old April 1, 2003, 23:02   #4
vovan
Apolyton UniversityCivilization IV CreatorsSporeApolyton Storywriters' GuildC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The Horde
Emperor

Local Time: 16:56
Oh yeah? In that case, why is the NES thread still open? I thought the rules clearly said that the NES's don't belong here.

Oh, and get on with the contests already.

(And BTW, I would rather you had the power to edit the polls than ban people )
Spore page
Old April 2, 2003, 00:07   #5
SKILORD
Never Ending StoriesCivilization III MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Dont dis on the SNESA revival... it was for nothing more than ngistalia.
Old April 2, 2003, 04:04   #6
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 08:56
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Don't hurt me, DarkCloud!

(Way to go! )
Old April 2, 2003, 04:05   #7
Metaliturtle
staff
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending StoriesCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMPolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerDiploGamesCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireannApolyton UniversityCivilization II Succession GamesDiplomacyRise of Nations MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCiv4 SP Democracy GameSpore
King

Local Time: 17:56
Location: Even if you don't believe in Jesus he believes in you!
w0rd to that SKILORD... although I'm probably banned now, DC always gets mad when I don't finish stories :-p
Old April 2, 2003, 17:11   #8
ChrisiusMaximus
Civilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

Local Time: 23:56

BTW get on with the contests
A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.
Old April 2, 2003, 22:06   #9
DarkCloud
staff

(BTW get on with the contests)

I suppose I'll do them

---
And to Jaguar Warrior... if you are reading this thread because of the OT comments just try me... but consider yourself warned- you shouldn't spam.

---
Quote:
w0rd to that SKILORD... although I'm probably banned now, DC always gets mad when I don't finish stories
When has that happened?

---
NES thread... hmm... I can fix that cant edit polls though

---
Thanks!
----

Last edited by DarkCloud; April 2, 2003 at 22:18.
Old April 3, 2003, 17:17   #10
Metaliturtle
staff
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending StoriesCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMPolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerDiploGamesCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireannApolyton UniversityCivilization II Succession GamesDiplomacyRise of Nations MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCiv4 SP Democracy GameSpore
King

DC you think you could use your influence to get an exception to the 500 post rule for NESes?
Old April 4, 2003, 02:45   #11
DarkCloud
staff

No, sorry- but it's site policy for all threads

but just think how better this is than the previous 150 post limit
Old April 4, 2003, 03:49   #12
Metaliturtle
staff
King

There was a limit??
Old April 6, 2003, 16:00   #13
Sparkle
Chieftain

What is a NES?
Old April 6, 2003, 21:31   #14
DarkCloud
staff

NES=Never Ending Story

---
Oh well, since I'm back, I may as well tell you that banning rights was just an april fools joke although In essence, I do have banning rights, since I can close threads, move threads, etc and am in close contact with ming.

(I thought that I might as well do a joke since the main one we had been planning was forbidden... by powers outside apolyton)

APRIL FOOLS!

(Like I moved the NES story thread)
Old April 11, 2003, 13:40   #15
Bugs ****ing Bunny
Emperor

How about whipping up some publicity? We're going through a quiet patch- probably due to small matters like exams, wars etc.....
Old April 11, 2003, 13:46   #16
ChrisiusMaximus
Civilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

I was only thinking that myself, it does seem less active lately. It could also be due to some recently released games taking regulars away from the Civ3 bubble.

I think your right Laz we need to whip up some publicity, or to have some public whippings.
A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.
Old April 11, 2003, 22:17   #17
DarkCloud
staff

I would- but Mark hasn't posted my last 2 news items- I'm thinking about giving up sending that info- the only other idea I see- is posting in the Stories thread about the fcontests and maybe the OT... or perhaps the Civ III general sections

anyone want to do that? I suppose I could- but we may as well get everyone involved

[EDIT CORRECTION: HE HAS POSTED the last one... I just didn't notice it ]

Last edited by DarkCloud; April 11, 2003 at 22:37.