1) Xenobanana! 0 0%
2) Hiveria 8 34.78%
2) Xenobanana! 1 4.35%
2) Write-in 2 8.70%
2) Xenobanana 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 7, 2003, 14:53   #31
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 19:56
Local Date: November 1, 2010
so you don't really even care if the borehole is in akiria or not, just that it's unconstitutional? in that case i'll just make a poll about it. i just think it's a bit of a waste to destroy a borehole now that it's been completed. silly to deprive Xanadu of those resources.
Old April 7, 2003, 15:44   #32
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Local Time: 22:56
It is in the base radius of Cyclops, and thus the people of Akiria feel they are having a borehole imposed upon them. I care because it is partly in Akiria, and because, since it is in our base radius, it affects us. If it was in Aurillion, and was not it Cyclops base radius, I would not care as much, and I would not have a leg to stand on. I think it was a waste to have it in the first place, and I think it creates more harm than good.

How would you feel, if you lived in a peaceful, beautiful, idyllic base, and then, even though you'd been promised otherwise, a dirty great borehole was built within the base perimiter, near where you worked? It should not be there in the first place, and it is still more harm than good IMHO, and thus I think it should be removed. The fact I feel it is unconstitutional merely means that I can get it removed. It is equidistant between Xanadu and Cyclops, so neither base can claim it to be theirs, thus nothing should be imposed upon either base. Akiria does not want this borehole, and it should not be there.

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Last edited by Drogue; April 7, 2003 at 15:49.
Old April 7, 2003, 19:52   #33
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

alright, i'll come up with another evil scheme for Xanadu. it involves tearing down mountains though, i warn you

*someone whispers in TKG's ear*

What?! i govern Twin Sea now? well son of a bitc....
Old April 7, 2003, 23:57   #34
Cedayon
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
King

Local Time: 17:56
You can probably "suggest" your evil plan to the acting governor of Aurillion *points to the very pro-FM, pro-Borehole AT*

Old April 8, 2003, 05:19   #35
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness

If the yopu want to add borehole around Xanadu, that is fine by me. Why it wasn't put somewhere out of Cyclops radius inthe first place, i don't know. But hey, so long as it's moved/destroyed, I really don't mind.

But TKG: Which mountain

Old April 8, 2003, 05:31   #36
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 09:56
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Where in the constiution does it say that boreholes have to be polled? AFAIK, it's simply a convention that's been used since Maniac's BHTP, so it isn't illegal to not poll, even if it is seen unfavourably.
Old April 8, 2003, 08:14   #37
Drogue
staff

GT: Maniac polled the people who stated that boreholes have to be polled, and if you didn't, it therefore would not be serving the people as best you can, and against the constitution. Moreover, this is not about the poll, it is that the governor, the person who should order it, did not order it. It is not about whether or not it was polled (it was) but it is that the person who should have ordered it was publicly against it.

Old April 8, 2003, 08:18   #38
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

I never said polling boreholes was a bad idea, I said not doing it wasn't illegal. There is nothing whatsoever stating that you must poll it, by any stretch of the imagination. I'd be most surprised if you could find anything which says you must.
Old April 8, 2003, 09:02   #39
Method
Emperor

Quote:
Directors and governors must poll all major decisions, such as deciding what science advance to pursue, whether to construct boreholes, or whether to construct a secret project.
Old April 8, 2003, 09:04   #40
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

So I see. For some reason it never occurred to me to look at that section. IGore everyhting I've said on the subject up until now, please
Old April 8, 2003, 11:45   #41
Cedayon
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
King

Local Time: 17:56
I think that was part of an amendment that was still in the ratification process when TKG was implementing that stage of his Aurillian evil plan, so it wasn't quite official... but since he did poll the borehole (whether or not he was obligated to do so), and it did lose, it wasn't supposed to be drilled... I don't care enough to want the thing destroyed, but it's definately not legal (nor ordered by TKG).

For those of you not following the SMACDG PBEM thread, this is essentially what happened:
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	tkgjoke2.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	13.6 KB
ID:	41965  
Old April 8, 2003, 13:41   #42
Drogue
staff

I have to object. There is no Secret Evil Akirian Police. Akiria needs no secret police, there are normal police, and the rest is done by military/intelligence units as and when are needed. And we don't hug tree's, we just admire them

I have, (as said earlier) given orders for it's destruction, as that is the only constitutional option. As such, there is no need for a court case. However, if it is not destroyed, I will take it to the court.