Old May 5, 2003, 03:17   #31
Shaka Naldur
Civilization II PBEMSpanish CiversCivilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
Emperor

Local Time: 23:58
Local Date: November 1, 2010
it would be nice one in vorozneh or serafimovich,
the new planes are going to be necessary in the region to keep the nazis in his place
Old May 9, 2003, 14:37   #32
EZRhino
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

Local Time: 15:58
Location: Sunset and the evening star And one clear call for me.
We need airports in Tobolsk and Yarensk. Otherwise any money we spend on Grozny will be a waste.

Sors salutis/ et virtutis/ michi nunc contraria,/ est affectus/ et defectus/ semper in angaria./
Hac in hora/ sine mora/ corde pulsem tangite;/ quod per sortem/ sternit fortem,/ mecum omnes plangite!
Old May 9, 2003, 20:44   #33
curtsibling
staff
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation

Once current building projects are complete and we have reviewed the soviet funds, I will look into this.

Next turn (Red October!)

We are reaching a very crucial phase of the battle!
Now is the time for bayonets and bullets!
If we can survive to the new year, I am confident the tide will turn in our favour!

Old May 10, 2003, 14:19   #34
Shaka Naldur
Emperor

we'll need a few tank hunters this winter
Old May 10, 2003, 20:19   #35
Colwyn
Civilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
Prince

Local Time: 08:58
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Remember AA's comrades
Try to get at least one in any city you really want to hold as in summer 42 the flying swazi's are back.

Volume of men and machines is what we need for summer 42

We need to see redguards etc arriving per turn from the back cities this winter, i'd rather have 10 red guards than 1 kv1 right now, Baltic front and Belorussian front need topping up.

South fronts looks good comrade commanders, nice build up of armies!

Don't forget the importance of creating new size 1/2 cities close to the front with barracks we need more Red guards! Laborer's are best for this/topping up cities as they only terraform at 1/2 the speed on labor brigades!
Old May 11, 2003, 14:16   #36
Shaka Naldur
Emperor

I agree with you colwyn, the a few tank hunters, (just one per city) are needed to clean up as many nazis as possible what we need to think that the ai will attack again in summer
Old May 13, 2003, 23:27   #37
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Local Time: 18:58
Since our Armaments Minister seems to be wallowing in the Brothels of Moscow again I thought I would post screenshots

First one is Laborer's (three) working hard to build Industry outside of Sverdlosk.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	sverdlosk.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	45001  

Last edited by conmcb25; May 14, 2003 at 00:05.
Old May 13, 2003, 23:31   #38
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Four workers in Chelybinsk working hard and two more on the way
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	chelbyansk.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	45002  
Old May 13, 2003, 23:38   #39
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

I am getting a laborer to this hex to form a new city. Notice the prime real estate with Two Bauxite Mountains and a coal mine just waiting to generate sheilds for the Rodina.

Ill have to name the city after myself of course.
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	new city.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	115.5 KB
ID:	45003  

Last edited by conmcb25; May 14, 2003 at 10:13.
Old May 14, 2003, 00:02   #40
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

And my newest creation: Ashkabad which is producing 28 sheilds and just a short hop across the Caspian sea from the Caucass region. We will be getting trade units here soon and they will be joined by fresh troops for the front from this Industrial city:

Also note the Labor Brigade being built, soon Ashkabad will have lots of Industry!
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	ashkhabad.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	45004  
Old May 14, 2003, 00:09   #41
Colwyn
Prince

Error in game
Why is it that cities build on normal plains in winter produce 6 or so shields and only 1 in summer.

This is the same for my game and apparently conbs's do you all get the shields as per above?

PS laborers are best to build cities/top uo and use labor brigades to improve as they are twice as fast!
Old May 14, 2003, 00:11   #42
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

And the last screen shot for now, Three laborer's outside of Astrakhan building away. This city will soon be an industrial power house to pump troops into the Stalingard area for next summers big attack.

Right now that city is at 32 sheilds a turn and soon it will be above 50!

Also notice the Red Guard moving up from the rear area!
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	astrakhan.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	45005  
Old May 14, 2003, 00:23   #43
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Re: Error in game
Quote:
Originally posted by Colwyn
Why is it that cities build on normal plains in winter produce 6 or so shields and only 1 in summer.

This is the same for my game and apparently conbs's do you all get the shields as per above?

PS laborers are best to build cities/top uo and use labor brigades to improve as they are twice as fast!
Hmmm I hadn't noticed that, and I guess we would Have to ask Nemo. Maybe it has to do with the loss of food bonus in the winter. The Hex defaults to whatever produces the most stuff. (I'm just guessing)

The laborers will be added to cities in the rear as soon as some industry is built.

Nearer the front we will build some towns. First prioity will be to add laborers or build new towns with the laborers that are homed to a city.

But right now we need industry bad!

Id like to pump at least one and then two units a turn into the front from the urals. An airport in Chelybinsk is a high priority soon!

Right now we will begin flying in the Siberians who show up this turn I believe.
Old May 15, 2003, 12:52   #44
N35t0r
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversDiplomacyScenario League / Civ2-CreationPtWDG2 Latin LoversC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansPSPB Team EspañolC4WDG Spamyard TeamBtS Tri-League
Emperor

Local Time: 19:58
Colwyn, I think that your answer is that Ashkhabad is built on a coal mine (press T to see the terrain)... Does the same happen for other cities?

Progressive Game ID #0023
Old May 15, 2003, 14:00   #45
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

I looked at the Nov vs Dec turn for Ashkabad.

I really think what happens is in the summer it defaults to the food bonus and produces more food.

In the winter when the food bonus is gone it defaults to the production bonus and produces more sheilds.

Sounds like maybe Colwyn ought to move the city over one square and get it off the Coal mine for version 1.5
Old May 15, 2003, 14:28   #46
Henrik
Civilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-CreationNationStatesMacCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontSpanish CiversCivilization IV Creators
Emperor

Actually though I cannot say if it's by design or not but it'd be pretty to change if it wasn't intended.

I think we should leave it as is though, no changes should be made to the holy grail of ww2 scenarios.
Old May 15, 2003, 14:32   #47
Bossy20000
Prince

I have some question: Why do cities sometimes take two turns to produce items when they have enough shields to do it in one? I have had cases where I had a 140 shields production in a city, but it took two turns to produce a 120 shield unit. Is this an error in Civ2?
Old May 15, 2003, 15:51   #48
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

Local Time: 17:58
is that taking into account corruption and unit upkeep?
Old May 15, 2003, 16:12   #49
Bossy20000
Prince

Yes, that's the reason why I don't understand it. It is really stupid not to be able to build a unit in one turn when you have enough shields (but it only happens with units which require many shields)
Old May 15, 2003, 16:44   #50
Shaka Naldur
Emperor

maybe an enemy unit move to a square that had a shield??
Old May 15, 2003, 16:51   #51
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

I've never had that problem before, do you have the save file still by any chance?
Old May 15, 2003, 20:40   #52
Colwyn
Prince

It happens all the time in winter with any save file
Quote:
Originally posted by H Tower
I've never had that problem before, do you have the save file still by any chance?
Any city built on a plain is giving a big shield bonus during winter. ie winter files.

basically b/c there is 0 for irrigation in the events file this is happening, if I change it to 1 its back to normal (but giving +1 food)

I'm running win2000
Old May 15, 2003, 20:44   #53
Colwyn
Prince

100 max
Quote:
Originally posted by Bossy20000
I have some question: Why do cities sometimes take two turns to produce items when they have enough shields to do it in one? I have had cases where I had a 140 shields production in a city, but it took two turns to produce a 120 shield unit. Is this an error in Civ2?
Any unit with 10 or more rows to build ie 100 will take 2 turns, this is hard coded into civ2 and yes its silly but I guess they did it to stop mass creation of super tough units by a player.
Old May 15, 2003, 21:36   #54
Colwyn
Prince

Update re winter shields problem
Well it seems that if you used the free upgrade to Civ gold multiplay versian that this happens, straight FW civ works fine. (at least for me)

What this means though is that its going to give players (who have the problem) a incorrect shield count, as its only the Marshal who plays the final turn gets the actual builds.

Can other people check this and possibly come up with a solution as this problem is effectivley giving every city on plains a coal mine increase in production.
Old May 15, 2003, 21:58   #55
Colwyn
Prince

Temporary? solution
Replace this file with your current one(only if you have the lots or shields on plains prob ie look kaluga it should have 1 shield on the city tile only), it swaps

1 food 0 irrigation for plains with
0 food 1 irrgiation(1 food)
Attached Files:
File Type: txt rules.txt (24.9 KB, 4 views)
Old May 15, 2003, 23:13   #56
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Guys can we take this stuff about the CIV 2 Engine and what to do to a different thread?

Maybe start up a thread about RF problems. questions, etc.?

H can we move this stuff to a new thread?

Thanks guys but we are way off topic here. Lots of great stuff but it just belongs elsewhere.

Thanks!
Old May 15, 2003, 23:18   #57
H Tower

i've got no way to move posts from one thread to another, they don't trust me that much

just start a new thread, post a link here, and then no more posts about it in this thread
Old May 16, 2003, 03:40   #58
Bossy20000
Prince

Thanks Colwyn! Mistery solved.

Sorry for changing the subject I won't do it again (but only when I am not playing my role, for then )
Old May 16, 2003, 09:01   #59
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Bossy20000
Thanks Colwyn! Mistery solved.

Sorry for changing the subject I won't do it again (but only when I am not playing my role, for then )
No problem you just asked a question the rest of us (Including me) let it get a bit out of hand!
Old May 17, 2003, 15:04   #60
H Tower

Today, I have accepted the resignation of our Armaments Minister. He has not shown the proper respect for the party and the struggle against the facicsts that is expected of all of those who fight for the Rodina. Siblingov was given 24 hours to respond to a message from the Marshal. He failed to respond. Although truth be told, he has been ignoring the Marshal for nearly two weeks. This will no longer occur however.

In place of Siblingov, I have appointed Stefanovich Ivan Knapovich (conmcb25) to fill in until elections take place sometime in the new future for the new government