Old April 2, 2003, 10:02   #1
Aidun
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC4WDG Huygen's UnionC4BtSDG TemplarsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 00:58
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Discussion: Citystates Game - Modes?
Do you want to have a mod in the Citystates Game?

DyP is an option, AU too, perhaps any others. In the time that I spend my days on the creation forum with the WWI scenario I saw some pass by, for instance a mod that replaces the common units into several sorts of greek hoplites. The options are endless.

Let us discuss them here.

Please only post if you have subsicibed in the Sign up thread, if you are on the list or closely involved with the game as mapmakler or so.

Aidun
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise can not see all ends." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
Term 9 and 10 Domestic Minister of the C3DG I., Term 8 Regional Governor of Old Persia in the C3DG and proud citizen of Apolyton. Royal Ambassador to Legoland in the C3 PTW DG, Foreign Affairs Minister and King of the United Kingdom in the MZO C3CDG and leader of the Monarchist Imperialist team. Moody Sir Aidun (The Impatient) of the Holy Templar Order in the C4BtSDG

Last edited by Aidun; April 2, 2003 at 16:03.
Old April 2, 2003, 13:17   #2
BigFurryMonster
PtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 23:58
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Do you mean a 'Mod' ?
Old April 2, 2003, 13:30   #3
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 19:58
I would like to play vanilla PTW. Or the AU mod. It's more like PTW, but harder.
Old April 2, 2003, 16:04   #4
Aidun
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC4WDG Huygen's UnionC4BtSDG TemplarsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by BigFurryMonster
Do you mean a 'Mod' ?
Yes, a mod. I used the wrong word.

Aidun
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise can not see all ends." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
Term 9 and 10 Domestic Minister of the C3DG I., Term 8 Regional Governor of Old Persia in the C3DG and proud citizen of Apolyton. Royal Ambassador to Legoland in the C3 PTW DG, Foreign Affairs Minister and King of the United Kingdom in the MZO C3CDG and leader of the Monarchist Imperialist team. Moody Sir Aidun (The Impatient) of the Holy Templar Order in the C4BtSDG
Old April 2, 2003, 17:17   #5
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 18:58
DyP would be fun, I have been trying it out over the past couple of weeks. Because I would be little more than an observer however.....

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old April 2, 2003, 18:15   #6
realpolitic
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Prince

Local Time: 14:58
DyP it would make an advanced game more interesting.
Old April 2, 2003, 18:25   #7
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 16:58
I like the idea of making the bulk of the units cost a pop point. This would be more realistic as your troops come from somewhere and this forces you to better manage your popultion levels.

Does anyone know if luxuries over eight generate happy faces? I was under the impression that a ninth luxury did nothing for making your citizens happy.

Last edited by GhengisFarb™; April 2, 2003 at 18:51.
Old April 3, 2003, 16:09   #8
ManicStarSeed
C4DG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityBtS Tri-League
Prince

I do not think that "mod/no mod" is realy an option because the unique nature of a city states game. Because you have a bunch of human civs more-or-less working together, this breaks the rules of the game. A mod is necessary to set the game up right and insure early contact between human civs. The AI then needs balancing verses the 4-6 humans dividing up the tech tree. So a mod is required for a challanging game experience.

The question is how far...

Mss
Old April 3, 2003, 16:10   #9
ManicStarSeed
C4DG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityBtS Tri-League
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by GhengisFarb
Does anyone know if luxuries over eight generate happy faces? I was under the impression that a ninth luxury did nothing for making your citizens happy.
I do not really know, but when I played DyP, I recall that 8 is the maximum benefit. The difference is that with more luxes, the easier it is to get the eight.

Mss
Old April 7, 2003, 18:00   #10
Aidun
Emperor

Lets keep on the discussion...

Aidun