Old April 2, 2003, 17:01   #1
Flinx
CTP2 Source Code Project
Prince

Local Time: 17:59
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Diplomacy
How do I improve relations with an AI empire?

Also, more specifically, after they have declared war on me for doing some unknown atrocity, is there any way to end the war?
Flinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2, 2003, 18:29   #2
SINISTER1974
Chieftain

ok 1st some races just hate each other. someone can get more into that if they wish. But not everyone is friendly.

Also depends what race you play--some races such as humans have extra diplomatic bonuses.

What pick are you taking--make sure you have atleast good or average diplomacy. Poor will make you suffer.

Make sure you dont have any conflicting solar systems, or you arent blockading one of theirs by accident.

Give gifts--like bad planets you dont want, useless techs, etc... Something that wont give them the edge over you.

you can end the war with a race by asking for peace accord, cease fire, etc... BUT i have never actually seen it go through.

If you are ithkul everyone will hate you and declare war even other ithkul.

Be more specific about who you played and what picks you took for better help.

On a final note --if you are to powerful other civs start to dislike you, if you become weak some civs will see you as easy pickings.

hope this is somewhat helpful.
SINISTER1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2, 2003, 19:41   #3
Flinx
CTP2 Source Code Project
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by SINISTER1974
--if you are to[o] powerful other civs start to dislike you
Oh! I forgot to play badly! How stupid of me!

How did QS and IG ever think this little AI trait would be fun?
Old April 2, 2003, 20:30   #4
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 18:59
Quote:
Originally posted by Flinx

Oh! I forgot to play badly! How stupid of me!

How did QS and IG ever think this little AI trait would be fun?
Possibly because it is standard fair in 4x strategy games.
I mean you have pie that is static (number of systems) and some one has the biggest chunk of that pie and if you do not get more of the pie you die. I would expect that to make the others sort of unhappy with you at some point.
This occurs in Moo1/Moo2/Civ3. Once all the land/planets are accouned for, you can not get more with out taking it from someone.
vmxa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2, 2003, 20:56   #5
Flinx
CTP2 Source Code Project
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by vmxa1
Possibly because it is standard fair in 4x strategy games.
I mean you have pie that is static (number of systems) and some one has the biggest chunk of that pie and if you do not get more of the pie you die. I would expect that to make the others sort of unhappy with you at some point.
This occurs in Moo1/Moo2/Civ3. Once all the land/planets are accouned for, you can not get more with out taking it from someone.
I have NEVER ended up at war with every civ in a Civ3 game. I could choose to declare war, or do things to piss them off enough to declare war on me, but just because it is 1800 and the game might end soon? No. And taking a few cities usually makes an AI civ open to the idea of peace.

EDIT

Hell, staying the f**k away from a civ in Civ3 them makes them open to peace after a while. Racial blood feuds aside, staying away from an enemy for 10 turns should make a cease-fire possible in MoO3 but the AI refuses to stop re-declaring war after the auto-imposed peace.

Last edited by Flinx; April 2, 2003 at 21:05.
Old April 3, 2003, 01:48   #6
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 18:59
Quote:
Originally posted by Flinx

I have NEVER ended up at war with every civ in a Civ3 game. I could choose to declare war, or do things to piss them off enough to declare war on me, but just because it is 1800 and the game might end soon? No. And taking a few cities usually makes an AI civ open to the idea of peace.
You never have civs declare war on you after all the land was settle? One that you were not even in proximity with and hads never attack?
You never been at war with most or all civs very late in the game?
I am glad to hear, but I have.
I have seen them declare war on me in the year 2048 when they had one city on a huge map and I had all the rest of the land. They did so because it was the only chance they had to win, even though it was no chance.
Anyway the point is, that is not unreasonable for an AI to declare war when it has no were else to go and you are in first place.
vmxa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3, 2003, 04:19   #7
SINISTER1974
Chieftain

Well maybe you stink and they took it offensive
SINISTER1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3, 2003, 11:27   #8
Brazuca
Warlord

Local Time: 22:59
That not fully true
When you are to strong, lot more strong, strong in level that some civ's can't hold you they will become your friends, they fear you and know that hte only way to survive is becoming your friends, just other day i sign a Non-agression pact with a 2 planets ithkul civ. Be strong, think about the real world USA lot of nations become friend because they know that is not fun be enemy of a powerful enemy, but if a race hate you will be hard become friend of they, cicles of killing let a 25 planets ithkul with only 2, know they know the only way to survive are friendship.
Brazuca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7, 2003, 04:38   #9
jona0
Settler

Local Time: 22:59
Hi!

Speaking of Diplomatic:
How can I exchange techs ?

I offer Trade Agrrements and all the other stuffs which are accepted most of the time - but ANY exchange offer will be declined - so far ....

How can I achieve, that exchanges will be accepted ?

...and what is this button which appears at the right side(in the respond mail) -
will there be more exchanges possible - provided that they have accepted ?

Thanks for any answer
Jona
jona0 is offline   Reply With Quote