Old May 19, 2003, 14:44   #31
Pekka
Emperor

Local Time: 02:06
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Ok, now that I have your attention, and you promised not to laugh at my stupid idea that I thought would actually work.. here I go:

Basically it would be experince travelling, role playing. 'Be what you want to be for 1 day'. But as for starters we would pick one fantasy, and go with it. Later when we have resources, we'd expand to other fantasies as well. The first fantasy experience would be 'be a mafia boss for one day'. So, we'd set up the day for our client that he could be like godfather for one day. It is up to the client if he/she wishes to really live it up and have fun though. But we would make it possible. We'd hire workers to act (I don't know, maybe there are italian-american acting schools in NY or something, they'd work pretty cheap I guess every now and then plus they'd get some work experinece to put on their resumes) as their soldiers, under bosses etc. We could present different stuff he could do for the whole day, and expensive way is that the client could come down to our offices and wish what he/she wants to do, and then we give our opinion what we can do and when this can come down. Or client can pick up surprise tour, where he don't know what's going to happen, or he can customize from what we have presented in our services. Everything goes, except illegal stuff. Illegal stuff for sure, but we'd make them appear so, not really do it. There are endless possibilites what godfather can do. Just drive him in his limo with few soldiers in it, the workers make the story flow and go so that the client doesn't have to do anything, or that they save the day if client starts to go to the wrong way.

Naturally we dress the client like godfather is supposed to look, we'll get clients measures so suits etc fits perfect. Cigars, expensive whiskey, everybody kissing your ring, the works.

Scenario example: 'Don, what are we going to do with this guy, he won't pay?' 'Let's take him out' and then to the limo, drive in front of a store, soldiers go in. Client stays in the limo 'wait here boss, we take care of this, KEEP THE MOTOR RUNNING!' and they go in. Client hears sounds *BLAM BLAM!* and they run back to the car, blood all over their suits and drives off. Or, sounds goes *BLAM BLAM!* and client goes in, and they see enemy dead. They put it in a bag, and carries it into the trunk while Don smokes cigars. Then they drive to bay, and they throw the bag (other bag, filled with something) to the sea. Or, sound goes *BLAM BLAM!*, client goes in and sees body parts getting sawed. I don't know, some cows meat or something and they try to make it to smaller peaces, anyway it looks good.

This is just one scenario what they can do, they can do hits, they can do negotiations with other families, they can 'go to a meeting with the comission' to some fancy hotel.. what ever! They can do dinners, they can.. well what ever they want!

Super expensive tour would be a whole week, including trip to 'the motherland' meeting with the 'family' in there, maybe a small gang war with the irish.. what ever. Sky is the limit.

That was my 'great' idea. Now go ahead and laugh.
"God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.
Old May 19, 2003, 14:49   #32
Pekka
Emperor

This would make a killer idea for present to someone who already has everything.. we'd come with the limo to pick them up, have them dress up with the suits we bring and here we go.. etc.
Old May 19, 2003, 15:08   #33
Eli
Civ4 SP Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliC4DG VoxCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Old May 19, 2003, 15:10   #34
Pekka
Emperor

What did I tell you. You'd only laugh. I believed in this idea.. If someone wants to go for it, I think it's only appropriate you take me with it too . That is, if there is one soul that doesn't die laughing at this.
Old May 19, 2003, 15:10   #35
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 23:06
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Pekka, I advise that you now edit your post and remove all the details. Just in case someone else is watching

This sounds almost like the "Make a Wish" foundation, exept.....It's not Starting off in a city with 10 Million plus people in would be good, but why do you think this would only work in America? In fact, I'm sure it would work much better in poor, underdeveloped countries as there are more peopl wanting to get away from their lives

Also, how would you deal with the problem of those pesky-little devices you know as CELL PHONES? An emergency happens in the middle of a "family meeting". What will you do? Refund the money? How will you pay for whats already happend? If you don't refund the money, your customer will be unhappy.

You would OBVIOUSLY need a huge employee base in order to do this. How do you plan on getting this off the ground?
Would you consider yourself a good public speaker? I recommend you speak to your family and friends about the importance that....uh...rubber ducks have in our lives......in your underwear and taping yourself. If your really daring, go for speaking to them in nothing at all Then watch the tape and see your flaws and work on them.

How will you recover if its a bust?

Are you planning on creating an official company to do this, or what?

What if its an immense sucess? Would you be willing to expand?

Would you be willing to use underhanded tactics in order to have your company rise?
Old May 19, 2003, 15:15   #36
Az
Emperor

This sounds like a nice idea.

"Entertain the rich" is a ****ing goldmine of ideas.
Old May 19, 2003, 15:17   #37
Japher
Emperor

Sounds like the movie "The Game"
Old May 19, 2003, 15:20   #38
Stefu
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 01:06
I'm almost confident I've heard of something like this being done by someone.
"Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
"That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world
Old May 19, 2003, 15:22   #39
Pekka
Emperor

Tass, I have like maybe 5 pages of scenarios written and 20 pages of how they should be done, arrangements etc. I have also made other stories than 'mafia boss' stories. like being a moviestar, hot shot cop etc etc. That is the area it would be expanding, new stuff. And basically making the stories better with more money (= quality), and if money starts to roll.. well pay good money for the workers. Keep everyone happy.

Emergencies can be dealt with NO CELL PHONES rule.
If something else goes wrong, I guess we have to refund, or offer another experience, customers choice.

It is obviously expensive business to start, but I have made lots of ways to cut down the cost keeping the quality same. We don't need to hire star actors, student actors do just fine. There's not work for them 5 days a week before it would start to roll, so.. but I think we all would get kicks doing it, so they wouldn't demand huge salaries. But we would still pay them for sure. If everything would go well, we'd start to pay them better money. And that valuable working experience. Well, would they go to work in a fast food reasturant, working in drive-in taking orders..... or coming to work for us, getting to be a soldier for mafia, and other cool stuff?

I'd say I'm a good speaker, I've had experience of talking to bigger crowds, but I wouldn't say I'm a good speaker in english. I can work it though.

If it does not work, I don't know how I'd recover.

I'd go with official company eventually.

If it's immense success, I'd be happy about it and employ more people, getting more stories and fantasies worked out.

What is underhanded tactics? I'd be willing to do anything to make it work, except kill puppies.

Last edited by Pekka; May 19, 2003 at 15:29.
Old May 19, 2003, 15:26   #40
Pekka
Emperor

Stefu, I'm sure someone does something simular to this, but not the way we'd do it. I haven't revelad that much, only the basic idea so you get the idea. I have lots of tricks in my bags what would make it really unique.

It would be fairly easy to market I guess.. invite some magazine people etc for free trip and then they could write about it. It would be working so good, they couldn't but write good, so the word would spread and there would be people lining up, wanting to do it too. Bored people, rich young men who are tired of buing new lexus for fun and want to do something else. They don't have to travel around the world to get experince, they can do it at home town. They can relax and be someone else, or be themselves in their dream position. Safe, and they don't have to be that for the rest of their lives. Come on, everybody wants to be godfather, but they don't want to have the bad stuff, like going to prison or getting killed. This way, they can enjoy the good stuff.
Old May 19, 2003, 15:28   #41
Az
Emperor

How about flying people to a mediumsized island/building, and have guns and ammo scattered around. The last that would survive would take the money. The place will be covered with termal, and regular cameras, and we'll make a shitload of money by selling this imagery over VDSL lines.

We'll have to do this show in a lawless country. Maybe, we'll strike a deal with some Somalian warlords.

All the world's badasses will come there. It would be ****ing amazing.

We can also do a teamplay. We'll place headcams on them, as well.
Old May 19, 2003, 15:28   #42
Japher
Emperor

How about Hugh Heffner for a day?!
Old May 19, 2003, 15:33   #43
Pekka
Emperor

Azazel, good one, but I don't want to have any part in killing for entertainment

Japher, that's the beauty of it. We can work it out and make it happen.
Old May 19, 2003, 15:36   #44
Cruddy
Warlord

Local Time: 00:06
Pekka, your idea has been done... but I think you have the creativity to give the competition a run for its money.

In the UK, certain shops sell packages on the shelf. You buy the package (some of which cost £1.000s) and then apply.

I have tried to be a bit vague here, in case other's want to do it. I have a couple of point though;-

1) In the US, if something goes wrong, your company will get sued. THIS WILL HAPPEN ANYWAY. Remember, it's more of a right (and a big cash cow) so perhaps the US isn't the best place to start.

2) Others have said it - research, research, research. It's one thing to convince yourself, it's quite another to convince venture capitalists. I know, I've tried!

3) Keep those ideas flowing. You may have to modify your ideas lots - but even if this one flops, I'm sure you've got plenty others in your skull. The art is to take the dream and turn it into reality.

I'll try and post a link here - this probably won't work for a few minutes, so be patient.

EDIT: OK here's that link

Click here for an example
"The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84
Old May 19, 2003, 15:42   #45
Pekka
Emperor

Cruddy, I'm sure simular to this have been and is being done all the time. I can't see why there's no room for others too, especially when we have the best ideas and the best show .

I have lots of ideas to modify it to other ways, I'm certain it wouldn't work like water. But there's lots of room to move and feel it out and work it. The US is not the only option, what ever works. What ever works...... if I could get this running in some other place, I'd be more than happy to do it. I have presented you only the very basic idea, and I'm not looking forward of posting my whole business plan .

I'm just thinking that this doesn't work, because right now I'm alone and I'd need partners and experience with business, I know nothing about business. I know nothing about the realities of business world, and nothing about executing a business. I know absolutely nothing about starting a business.. well you get the idea. I only think I have a good idea, which I think most of you think sucks, but anyway. I just can't do anything with this.
I'm not looking to get easy money and millions of dollars, but hard work and a decent living. I don't care if the other workers get more money than me, I just want to work with this thing and .. make a living.
Old May 19, 2003, 15:49   #46
Japher
Emperor

come on! all very successful people in buisness didn't know anything when they started out, so why are you so special?!
Old May 19, 2003, 15:49   #47
Az
Emperor

Pekka: why not? It's volountary.
Old May 19, 2003, 15:57   #48
Cruddy
Warlord

Some constructive suggestions;

1) Step out of your creative shoes and see how businesses work. Get a business education - maybe not a formal one, but study how businesses start, are successful, and MOST IMPORTANT, why they fail.

2. Do not rubbish the opposition in your proposals. Spot their weaknesses and exploit them - but do it in a professional manner. Business relies heavily on good will and friendship.

3. Examine how ideas are protected - copyright, trademarks, and patents. This probably won't help a lot with this idea, but you can NEVER know too much.

4. If you want to be an owner, as opposed to a hands on manager, study enterpreneurs close to you and ask their advice. You'd be amazed at how many take an interest - business diversification is a fundamental to success.

5. Believe in your ability for ultimate success. It's not an easy road - but it sure beats the hell out of the 9-5.
"The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84
Old May 19, 2003, 16:02   #49
Pekka
Emperor

Hey, I can go 24/7 all the time. It would be my baby. I hate slacking off anyway. It's just that... I don't know. I can't go with this here in Finland, dont' ask why but it wouldn't work, trust me. I don't have any savings, I have absolutely nothing. I don't have any experience, knowledge, I'm just a kid with a dream .

So the first thing I'd need is help with this. I think I'd eventually have to go to venture capitalist, like someone suggested earlier, but I'd need lots of help even before that. To make it look and sound good. Like professional. And not just me hyping it up to some suit guy who thinks I'm full of BS and have seen too many movies. I want to knock these people out of their chairs and go ballistic and crazy. I want them to lose their sleep because they can't wait putting money in to this. I'm just too alone with this... I personally think this is a great idea and that I can't fail with this, but I also know that I can't do this alone.
Old May 19, 2003, 16:09   #50
Cruddy
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by Pekka
.. I'm just a kid with a dream .
Do you want to end up as an old man with a broken heart who never tried?

OK, maybe Finland isn't where you make your pile - but there are plenty worse places to start. You recognize you lack skills - so gain them.

The most important difference between a child and an adult is the reaction to fear. A child will shrink from their fear - an adult, while afraid, can cope. Many supposed adults are in fact childish because they cannot cope with fear.

Don't let your fear of failure put you off. Get those skills and pursue your dreams.

Me? I've chased a few rainbows and I'm back learning again - I'll take employment again but one day I WILL be my own boss.
Old May 19, 2003, 16:14   #51
OPD
Civilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

How about a Pres of the US scenario or perhaps some historical figures scenarios.

You could do a Caesar scenario where you just give someone a robe then let them play civ as the romans for a few hours.
Old May 19, 2003, 16:23   #52
Pekka
Emperor

I believe this would be golden, but only if we could make it working the best way possible. Then no problem.
But alone I can not do it, I need heeeeelllppP! and I don't know where to look for it.
Old May 19, 2003, 16:28   #53
Cruddy
Warlord

Final post on this subject;-

Most people get good ideas. A tiny minority of them actually make such ideas work and are financially successful because of their hard work.

It's not the idea that makes you money - it's the abilities (and there's a STACK of them) that turn it from the dream into reality.

Now go back, read my posts, and think about it. One POSSIBLE solution is to offer to meet some people who already do this and ask them if they interested in new ideas for new experiences. Most likely, they will say yes.

Before you disclose, mail a list of your ideas to yourself, and do not break the seal.

If they back stab you, sue them for every penny. (Copyright is an INTERNAIIONAL law - like I said, go study).
Old May 19, 2003, 16:30   #54
Pekka
Emperor

Cruddy, hey that's a good idea. Now I just need to find the businesses who does this and offer.
Old May 19, 2003, 16:33   #55
Cruddy
Warlord

Postscript: If you are not of legal age yet, you will have to devise some other body to take legal ownership of your ideas before you disclose (like a limited company or trust fund). Such a small investment could you have as a millionairre by your 18th birthday. Rare but possible.
Old May 19, 2003, 16:33   #56
Japher
Emperor

There are a ton of books on how to write proposals and buisness plans/models... this is what those investors will want to see. It will have to be backed with BS, just make sure its believable BS.

Another option from mailing it too yourself is to just go to a notary...
Old May 19, 2003, 16:45   #57
Pekka
Emperor

Cruddy, Nah, I'm 22.
Old May 19, 2003, 17:58   #58
DanS
Apolytoners Hall of FameApolyCon 06 Participants
Deity

Local Time: 19:06
This reminds me of the service in NYC that kidnaps the customer and holds them at an undisclosed location for a while. It got a lot of press a year or two ago.
I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891
Old May 19, 2003, 18:19   #59
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Of course, the easiest way to do exactly what you want as you said would be to set up a massive public VR booth service. Of course, you may have to wait for VR tech to catch up, but I imagine it won't take a lot of cash input to have a viable profitable system running.
Old May 19, 2003, 18:21   #60
Cruddy
Warlord

I just popped out to the late supermarket and guess what? They had a card display for experiences! Another one for you Pekka (might be the same but I don't think so);-

http://www.acorne.co.uk/

Incidentally, that 1st isn't half so lame as it looks. They offer tank driving and even MIG flights (2 seater trainersj. Maybe time they updated their website - or maybe they don't do that anymore!