Old May 19, 2003, 18:21   #61
Pekka
Emperor

Local Time: 02:06
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Well.. these days people are bored. There are lots of people who have excess money, but they don't know what to do with it. People want experiences.. They want to be entertained.. People are a bit depressed about the world, wars, economics and stuff like that. They want to completely deattach from reality and go with the flow and be entertained and have a life lasting experience and fun memories.

I'm not a business man, I know nothing about it and I might be little stupid when it comes to business.
I have to first ask myself 'if there was one thing I really wanted but can't get it, what would it be', and then go with the idea from there on. But instead of thinking a traditional product, I'd go with 'I want to be entertained'. And that's when experience trips comes into play IMO.
I think there's a huge market still that is only opening for us, we just need to be there developing it and be the ones making the profits. And to get that position, we need to have a hit product, we need to have quality service that really makes people happy and that they feel it was worth it. If we have that, it can cost a bit too. We only need the idea what it could be, what could be great entertainment and experience, and then go for it and market it, force people to try it out and let the quality of the product speak for itself, so the word spreads and customers lines up wanting to go with us.
This is only thing I figure to business, and I don't know anything more. It's not what people really essentially want for survival, it's what we make them believe they want, and then actually it being wonderful, life lasting REAL experience. No one can take that away from you, and you'll always have that. When you lose everything, you still have your memories, and if you have happy ones too.. well all the better, right?

Good product sells itself, but not always, so I'm in trouble because that's a grey area to me and I have no idea how things work.

I had an idea of survival experience, having clients in the cold woods of ours and leaving them with only essential survival kits. It's not nice, it's all but comfortable, but after it's over and if they made it.. they'd be so proud and have rich memories they can share. People are little masochists anyway. I'd be naturally watching them that if they get into serious trouble, there would be help.
Or I could just be with them and teach them survivals in those conditions. It can be fun too, have campfires and dig snowbunkers and sleep there when it's freezing, shoot goose and show how to properly prepare it for eating, it's really very delicious too.. stuff like that, maybe spice it up with stories too. Teach them to ski 'well if you don't learn it, you will drop from this group and DIE, so start learning!' . Though we have lots of those, so.. I don't know and we are in too remote location. It would be fun to scare them with bogus stories. We woudln't have tents or anything, just skis, matches and a pot for making food. Any interested clients here? Only $40,000, you get to be there for 45 days, and that's longer than in the Survivor tvshow! Screw up and you DIE!
"God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.
Old May 19, 2003, 18:24   #62
Pekka
Emperor

What is VR??

Cruddy, Damn it! Well but these experience things are way different. These kinds of services are all over here too. This is not about those, it would be a role play. You get to be someone. You can live your fantasy life for a day (or as long as you have money) and then return back to your old life. Before you realize your life sucks and want to return to our office again
Old May 19, 2003, 18:25   #63
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 00:06
Virtual Reality
Old May 19, 2003, 18:26   #64
Cruddy
Warlord

Local Time: 00:06
Virtual Reality, assuming no other posts. Headset and earphones to give an immersive experience.
"The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84
Old May 19, 2003, 18:28   #65
Pekka
Emperor

So, instead of bungee jumping or driving a really fast car, you could.. ROB A BANK! We give a gun with blanks and set it up, and give the plan to client and then let the client RAGE and shout 'GIMME THE MONEY B****AATCH!'
and shoot some blanks to the roof. He can make the security guards strip down and dance in the tables for his pleasure, and then get the cops chasing him in high speed running chase. Can he get away? I don't know! Role playing. Everything goes.
Old May 19, 2003, 18:37   #66
Pekka
Emperor

Virtual Reality thingie sounds kind of.. well it's more low risk for sure, but I think it's harder to make it working really good. I mean for me at least. Someone else could make money out of that, but I doubt I'd be able to pull it of...

In our services, if wanted, we could even video tape it so the customer would have unforgettable experience if he/she somehow forgets it.. they can be proud of themselves and show it to the whole family.
Then later on when we have enough material from which to choose from, sell it to some tv company and they can make a show..
Old May 19, 2003, 20:30   #67
Kramerman
Prince

Local Time: 17:06
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Hmmm... Pekka, did you ever see the movie, The Game, with Michael Douglas? its kinda about what you are talking about.
Old May 19, 2003, 21:43   #68
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

Local Time: 18:06
Yeah but IN "The Game" Michael Douglas didnt know he was participating in it
Old May 20, 2003, 01:36   #69
Urban Ranger
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending Stories
Deity

Local Time: 07:06
That sounds like an interesting idea. In Japan, they have this really crazy service where customers paid to be kidnapped. It's really messed up.
Old May 20, 2003, 12:49   #70
Pekka
Emperor

Kramerman, I have seen it. Good one btw. There are differencies though, in this idea the client has to participate. They can be arranged so, that customer knows very little before it starts, but it can be arranged so that the customer can customize what he wants to do. But the key is that client is active and wants to do this. Well client can be inactive too and like a bystander, but then it isn't that fun.
Old May 23, 2003, 01:11   #71
Kramerman
Prince

Local Time: 17:06
it would definately make money in the States But probably the real big money could be made in Japan. They go for stuff like that. I remember seeing this thing where a Japanese person can pay the equivalent of like $100 USD to go into a room and shatter all the vases and jars they want, adn scream at the top of their lungs for a time limit (somethn like 20 minutes). Its supposed to be good for stress, like i bet your service would be too. A lot of Americans are stressed, but Japanese even more so
Old May 23, 2003, 08:46   #72
Pekka
Emperor

Hey, it could work in Japan. I wonder how come I didn't think of that. I thought of many countries and could it work.. Japan never even crossed my mind. I mean, I could do some PR and they would interview me on magazine and I'd have like 10 000 loyal fans right there, screaming my name.. those schoolgirls.. yeah.. I can see myself there too

Arigato!