Old April 4, 2003, 06:41   #91
Chemical Ollie
King

Local Time: 01:06
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Why does the anger of other people make Americans surprised? You started a war of aggression against the will of the rest of the world. What did you expect?
Old April 4, 2003, 07:48   #92
muppet
Chieftain

Local Time: 15:06
Local Date: November 1, 2010
It is not the anger that is surprising.
It is the unabashed vocalness of children
Aren't they just so precious.
Old April 4, 2003, 08:24   #93
flash9286
Rise of Nations Multiplayer
King

Local Time: 19:06
Quote:
Why does the anger of other people make Americans surprised? You started a war of aggression against the will of the rest of the world. What did you expect?

Suprise they attacked kids. We started a war that needed to be started. I bet u didnt no that more countries are in the coalition that the first gulf war.

Btw: Ill look for more realible news scouce when i get home.
Old April 4, 2003, 08:54   #94
Daz
Prince

Local Time: 23:06
I tend to dissagree that the motivation was because the USA started an "unjust" war. I think its the french thing.
Old April 4, 2003, 09:17   #95
Sikander
King

Local Time: 16:06
Quote:
Originally posted by Tingkai

Yeah right. American sport fans routinely boo the Canadian national anthem,even when we were supporting the war in Afghanistan, even right after four Canadians were killed by an American pilot.

We don't go around screaming about how the Americans are anti-Canadian. We don't go around screaming about how we should cut our trade links. We don't even retaliate. More often then not, if American fans boo our anthem, we respond by cheering their anthem just to prove how civilized we are.
Routinely boo Oh! Canada? I grew up in Michigan and I have never seen this. Is it something new?
Old April 4, 2003, 13:14   #96
Cyclotron
Never Ending StoriesThe Courts of Candle'Bre
King

Local Time: 18:06
Quote:
Originally posted by Frogger
Bullshit. Have you even watched CNN in the last 3 months?
No, not much. CNN is bullshit.

Quote:
First off, nothing the *******s did was illegal. It wasn't violent and it wasn't destructive.
No ****, that's exactly what I said. Please quote me where I said any of this was illegal. I thought I made it pretty clear that it was not...

Quote:
Secondly, you've got supposedly respectable columnists and commentators on air (on a station received around the world, BTW) using ethnic stereotypes to depict Europeans and looking rather pleased with themselves.
What are you watching, Fox News? I have yet to see a TV commentator use ethnic stereotypes about anybody on American TV.

Quote:
Thirdly, your congressmen have been out in full force lately wrapping hatred in the American flag. And unlike here, they aren't fired or forced to apologise; they're lauded for it.
That's also BS. A boycott is neither racist nor hateful, it's just not very smart. In contrast, the kind of behavior exhibited by these Canadians was hateful, and not justified in any way.

And further along the BS trail...

Quote:
Yeah right. American sport fans routinely boo the Canadian national anthem,even when we were supporting the war in Afghanistan, even right after four Canadians were killed by an American pilot.
What are you talking about? I have not seen this around. Most people here don't even know that Canada isn't part of the coalition.

Quote:
We don't go around screaming about how the Americans are anti-Canadian.
No, but apparently you do go around screaming how the "US sucks." That, if anything, is worse.

Quote:
We don't go around screaming about how we should cut our trade links. We don't even retaliate. More often then not, if American fans boo our anthem, we respond by cheering their anthem just to prove how civilized we are.
No, you don't. You boo our anthem far more than we do yours, but that's neither here nor there.

If you don't call the topic of this thread "retaliation" in the way you mean it, I see no reason why I should give validity to anything else you have said here.

If we are such bigots, why don't you post some articles of American bigoted acts?
Old April 4, 2003, 13:42   #97
Garth Vader
King

Local Time: 17:06
This is a link from the booing on the day funerals started for the 4 Canadians killed in Afghanistan.

http://www.southcoasttoday.com/daily...2/c05sp104.htm

If we could stop focusing on the fringe whackos who want attention maybe this could all blow over. (ironic statement given that I just provided this link )
Old April 4, 2003, 14:32   #98
Kontiki
King

Quote:
Originally posted by flash9286
We started a war that needed to be started. I bet u didnt no that more countries are in the coalition that the first gulf war.

A) Needed to be started according to whom?

B) Utter crap about the sizes of the coalition. First, try counting the number of countries making an active military contribution (and, while you're at it, look at what those countries represent). Then, realize that the first Gulf War was fully UN sanctioned, and the de facto list of supporting countries was the vast majority of all UN member states.
Old April 4, 2003, 16:14   #99
flash9286
Rise of Nations Multiplayer
King

Quote:
A) Needed to be started according to whom?
Un resolution 1441

Quote:
B) Utter crap about the sizes of the coalition. First, try counting the number of countries making an active military contribution (and, while you're at it, look at what those countries represent). Then, realize that the first Gulf War was fully UN sanctioned, and the de facto list of supporting countries was the vast majority of all UN member states.
We dont need military contributions, the Us military can more than handle iraq
Old April 4, 2003, 16:32   #100
Chemical Ollie
King

Quote:

Suprise they attacked kids. We started a war that needed to be started. I bet u didnt no that more countries are in the coalition that the first gulf war.

Only 2 countries bring useful troops AFAIK. Another 30 or so send symbolic navy ships or just declare war against Iraq in a symbolic way. The UN has about 200 members, and most of them are against the war.

Even Sweden was a part of the first war, which purpose was to PUNISH a war of aggression. We sent a very useful field hospital and a (symbolic, I admit it ) navy ship. We are not a part of it this time. It is a war of aggression, and it's only objective is to unite the American people against a common enemy to win Bush a second term.

It's wimpy to feel pity for your own kids hearing harsh words in Canada, when your neighburs' sons and daughters are literally shredding Iraqi kids to hamburger meat with bombs and heavy machine guns. Many of those American soldiers who get home safely will still end up in mental institutions to heal what they have done.
Old April 4, 2003, 16:44   #101
Spec
Emperor

Local Time: 23:06
Quote:
It's clear that the cowardly French are hopelessly corrupt whether they stay in little France or spread their germs to other countries.
No, THAT is just sad...

Who says that kind of stuff? And they wonder why we booed them.
It's not only because of the war that we hate them, it's because of how they act. Boycotting France because they dont agree is one BIG reason.

Think people, THINK!

Spec.
Old April 4, 2003, 20:27   #102
Kontiki
King

Quote:

Un resolution 1441
An interpretation the majority of the world does not share.

Quote:
We dont need military contributions, the Us military can more than handle iraq
Then why did you bring up that stupid and incorrect point in the first place? Anyway you choose to look at it, this coalition is far smaller than during the first Gulf War.
Old April 4, 2003, 20:49   #103
Chemical Ollie
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Kontiki

An interpretation the majority of the world does not share.

Then why did you bring up that stupid and incorrect point in the first place? Anyway you choose to look at it, this coalition is far smaller than during the first Gulf War.
Yeah, let them eat **** and die...
Old April 4, 2003, 21:11   #104
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Olaf Hårfagre
Who?
Old April 4, 2003, 21:17   #105
Kontiki
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Olaf Hårfagre

And what?
Old April 5, 2003, 00:15   #106
LoneWolf
Settler

Quote:
Originally posted by notyoueither

I said nothing about arrogant. I did ask how practical your government is being in expecting my government to be unquestionably loyal in the face of paying unemployment insurance to victims of your governments quaint views on 'free' trade.

But, now that you mention it, I would say it is fairly arrogant to expect that no matter what sort of trade stick your government whacks my country with, we will be there for you, like a loyal poodle.

I have news for you. Canadians are not your poodles.
You don't seem to be following, so let me spell it out real slow like.

You are entitled to your opinion. So are the French. Its ok. I don't expect any loyalty, support, help, whatever. The French owe us nothing, the Canadians even less. You can think what you want. Its ok. Its entirely up to you. You don't need to "be there " for us.

That said, we don't need to "be there " for you. If Canada, France etc. wish ( entirely within their rights as sovereign free nations) to oppose us, wish to be our adversaries, why should they be shocked to find that we treat them as such?

Last edited by LoneWolf; April 5, 2003 at 00:26.
Old April 5, 2003, 01:30   #107
LoneWolf
Settler

Oops, double.
Old April 5, 2003, 01:41   #108
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

How is not joining in on the ground being opposed?

Was Canada opposed to Vietnam?

Was the United States opposed to GB and the Commonwealth from '39 to '41?
Old April 5, 2003, 01:50   #109
LoneWolf
Settler

Quote:
How is not joining in on the ground being opposed?

Was Canada opposed to Vietnam?
Was the United States opposed to GB and the Commonwealth from '39 to '41?
As to the first question, yes, that's why our cowards went there. As to the second, shamefully yes, the Democrats were in charge then.
Old April 5, 2003, 01:56   #110
notyoueither
Deity

Well. I see that you exemplify the things that cause some people to mistake Americans for America.

Good going. Maybe some more Canadians will start to hate all things American after encountering more people like you.
Old April 5, 2003, 02:01   #111
LoneWolf
Settler

Sorry, skipped over the first question. There is really no question that the Canucks are opposed, is there?
As for the French, apparently only a bare majority actually even want us to win.
Is that not enough? OK, how about busily scurrying about the globe stirring up opposition to us when we were (foolishly) trying to get the Security Council to act?
Old April 5, 2003, 02:05   #112
notyoueither
Deity

Where do you get this information?

Nearly 50% of English Canadians favour supporting the United States openly. A large majority of Quebec does not.

And exactly where were Canadian diplomats scurrying about in opposition to your foreign policy?
Old April 5, 2003, 02:05   #113
LoneWolf
Settler

Quote:
Well. I see that you exemplify the things that cause some people to mistake Americans for America.

Good going. Maybe some more Canadians will start to hate all things American after encountering more people like you.
Odd that you would think Americans don't represent America.
As for "hate", thats your word, not mine. I would not suggest we should hate Canadians or French, only see things as they are.
Old April 5, 2003, 02:06   #114
LoneWolf
Settler

No, not Canadians scurrying, French. Sorry I wasn't clear on that point.
Old April 5, 2003, 02:09   #115
notyoueither
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by LoneWolf

Odd that you would think Americans don't represent America.
As for "hate", thats your word, not mine. I would not suggest we should hate Canadians or French, only see things as they are.
Does Che represent the values of the United States of America? Do you presume to speak for all Americans?

I would suggest you are in the midst of a frenzy and that many Americans such as yourself have entered a bunker mentality in the face of your government getting its diplomatic butt kicked by the French.
Old April 5, 2003, 02:18   #116
LoneWolf
Settler

I see no "frenzy" at all. Just normal people, going to work and living their lives.

I don't know what you mean by "bunker mentality".

Getting our butt diplomatically kicked by the French? Umm, okay.
Old April 5, 2003, 02:20   #117
notyoueither
Deity

So then, why are some Americans lashing out at countries who said simply, 'no, we will not go'?
Old April 5, 2003, 02:22   #118
LoneWolf
Settler

You think we should not acknowledge who our friends are, and who are not?
Old April 5, 2003, 02:33   #119
notyoueither
Deity

Can you not conceive that there may be very good reasons for a country such as Canada not getting involved in an action which is widely regarded as being aggressive?

We put a large number of our sons and daughters into blue helmets to make and keep peace. Their lives rely in great part on the perception around the world that Canadians are not the tools of any other power.

How do you think that would be effected by us blindly joining in whatever adventure was dreamt up in Washington?

All that being said, our navy is in the Gulf, and our army is in Afghanistan. There is not a lot more to send. There is not a lot more support for Canada to lend.
Old April 5, 2003, 02:39   #120
LoneWolf
Settler

I think at the start of this discussion, I made it clear that Canada, like any sovereign nation (yes, even the US!) can do what it wants.
But there are consequences to any act. We are willing and able to deal with the consequences of ours.
Are you?