Old April 5, 2003, 13:48   #1
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 17:11
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Political Citystates Rules Mod Discussion
Let's use this thread to discuss rules modifications and gameplay. Any changes should be playtested to insure playability before we start the game.

I'm working on a test setup to add a total of 32 Luxuries to see if they all contribute Happy Faces. This would add the element of our Citystates needing to go and acqure/trade these luxuries to maintain the happiness of the growing Citystate with the Palace being modified to act as a Sewer System.
Old April 7, 2003, 00:54   #2
ManicStarSeed
C4DG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityBtS Tri-League
Prince

Local Time: 15:11
Now that I am cleared up on the fact that there are at least two CS games happening, I still want to pull together the mod. I still won't be playing.

I have a pretty good map, going. so far with the Barbarian Settler (C=10s, no pop).

I suggest a Tech tree mod that puts maps parallel to writing, requiring alphabet and pottery. It allows for a quicker expoloration without giving it away.

I know GF was talking about the UUs having hidden nationalities (except a few).. But I am utrying to understand why some dont get hidden nationalities. I agree Gurella should have hidden nationalities.

Palace acts like aquaduct and sewer system and makes 2 happy in city and 1 happy in empire. This will be key with the early growth potential.

Mss
Old April 16, 2003, 20:44   #3
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Alright tried the pop cost for unit thing and the AI is completely confused. I suggest we simply convert the UUs to allow everyone access and get going.

Who wants to be on what team?
Old April 16, 2003, 20:53   #4
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 16:11
What are the teams?
Old April 16, 2003, 21:02   #5
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Wittlich
What are the teams?
We need to make teams, the poll results indicated 5 human teams and 3 AI barbarian empires.

Do we want to go with an Ancient theme?

Perhaps Romans, Greeks, Carthage, Egypt, and Persia?
Old April 16, 2003, 21:50   #6
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Ah I see...I actually like the team theme of all working towards a goal..."The Collective" sounds pretty good.

Concerning the actual nationality of the human teams...I, for one, really like the Iroquois.
Old April 16, 2003, 22:13   #7
Wittlich
lifer
Deity

Since no other team nationalities have been decided as of yet, I will be the first to suggest the following team:

NATIONALITY: Iroquois

NAME: The Wyandot Collective (WC for short - I know, WC is another term for "wash closet" or "bathroom" - but, let's see who "urinates on whom"! ) But being 1/8 Wyandot myself, you can see why I'm partial to the tribe.

THEME: The Collective - a "smallish" sized team with all members will having equal say in all aspects of our glorious empire management- majority carries the action in question.
Old April 17, 2003, 21:40   #8
Wittlich
lifer
Deity

Has interest wained with Ghengis' new game plan?
Old April 17, 2003, 22:01   #9
ManicStarSeed
C4DG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityBtS Tri-League
Prince

Local Time: 15:11
I was just making sure that one of the teams were Iroquois. I am modding the map slowly, play testing a little.......

GF, What is the thought behind the hidden nationality for the UUs?

We need to form some teams...... I am out as Map Maker...

Mss
Old April 17, 2003, 22:22   #10
ZargonX
PtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 MorganC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy GameApolyCon 06 ParticipantsBtS Tri-LeagueApolyton UniversityPtWDG2 TabemonoC4WDG Huygen's Union
Emperor

Local Time: 19:11
Well, I think it is only appropriate that the Greeks be involved. I would definatley participate on a Greek team; I can't say that I would run it, as I may be running a team in the mini-PTWII, but if that falls through...
Old April 18, 2003, 09:59   #11
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Wittlich
Has interest wained with Ghengis' new game plan?
Instead of following through with any of our ideas the populous seems to come up with another PTW Demo game idea every other week.