Old April 5, 2003, 21:00   #1
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 17:12
Local Date: November 1, 2010
So long, folks!
Time has come.

I will be gone for the next two weeks (that's assuming it actually goes as planned) on business. Most likely wont have any kind of internet access up around Vandenberg AFB. That is, unless they have upgraded those hotels since I was up there last time. Will be bringing my family down for Easter, though. Lompock...anyone here from around there, let me know if there is anything decent to see...

So, I expect to see a new game underway when I come back.

Someone give MrWIA a hand with that, will ya?

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old April 6, 2003, 08:46   #2
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 11:12
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Oh, er, bye UnOrthO.

Polls are closing, the last ones are to be posted momentarily, we can hopefully start wthin 14 days! Look out for all the relevant topped threads, including nominations for the first term of game 2....

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old April 6, 2003, 20:29   #3
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 01:12
hi ,

, , are you really going to believe the fact there is no net at vandenberg , .......

there is a cybercafe about a mile from the main gate , open 24/7 , .....

have a nice day & good luck
Old April 7, 2003, 08:28   #4
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

WHICH town?

There was nothing in either Lompock or Santa Ines last time I was there, what town is this cafe in?

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old April 7, 2003, 17:53   #5
Aidun
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC4WDG Huygen's UnionC4BtSDG TemplarsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

"From the mountain"

Aidun
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise can not see all ends." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
Term 9 and 10 Domestic Minister of the C3DG I., Term 8 Regional Governor of Old Persia in the C3DG and proud citizen of Apolyton. Royal Ambassador to Legoland in the C3 PTW DG, Foreign Affairs Minister and King of the United Kingdom in the MZO C3CDG and leader of the Monarchist Imperialist team. Moody Sir Aidun (The Impatient) of the Holy Templar Order in the C4BtSDG
Old April 8, 2003, 06:52   #6
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
WHICH town?

There was nothing in either Lompock or Santa Ines last time I was there, what town is this cafe in?
hi ,

this should give you a good view , ....

there is a nice restaurant with a shop and several comp's ( cybercafe corner ) , but is it south or north , .... , .....

have a nice day
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	vafb-map1.gif
Views:	61
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	41956  
Old April 8, 2003, 08:41   #7
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Well. Im staying in Lompoc (guess I was misspelling earlier), and am pretty sure nothing was there, they were thrilled that a Wall-Mart was opening. Are you perhaps talking ON base. Im not with the military, so am not sure whether I can get into Vandenberg Village or much of the things for base personel.

Santa Maria was a decent sized town, but kind of a drive from Lompoc. Has a nice all-you-can-eat Crab dinner, though.

Well, your map lists the different programs as well, go ahead guess what I work on...

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old April 8, 2003, 08:45   #8
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 11:12
Hi UnOrthO!

As you can see things are fine here - don't need no help.

Until I snap under the pressure, that is.

See you more regularly soon, I hope.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old April 8, 2003, 08:54   #9
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

dp

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Last edited by UnOrthOdOx; April 8, 2003 at 09:00.
Old April 8, 2003, 08:59   #10
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

That's good, Ill lose regular connectivity in about an hour. Driving up from Anaheim right now, my wireless connection doesn't work in Lompoc, though, again, unless that has changed since about 6 months ago...Oh well, guess I can go back and revisit my first hobby of reading Arthurian legends. Currently working on the books by Jack White. Decent reading if anyone likes that type of book, attempts to be historically accurate, and begins with Arthur's Grandfather and the Roman Occupation of England. Im onto the 4th book now, reading during each of these business trips more or less.

Good luck on your election, hope to work with you in the Govt as DM, but Godking is also a superior choice in that reguard.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old April 8, 2003, 09:38   #11
Hot Mustard
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty Python
King

Local Time: 19:12
Quote:
Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
Oh well, guess I can go back and revisit my first hobby of reading Arthurian legends. Currently working on the books by Jack White. Decent reading if anyone likes that type of book, attempts to be historically accurate, and begins with Arthur's Grandfather and the Roman Occupation of England.
Good series. Best I've read that attempts to realistically explain the various elements of the legend. However the last one, "Uther", is an unneccesary parallel story that simply tries to excuse that character from perceived wrong-doing, and otherwise is not much more than a blatant attempt to further milk the cash cow.
Old April 8, 2003, 09:42   #12
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

That was the first one I read, actually, and how I found this series. Uther is one of my favorite characters from the legend, and the title caught my attention...what can I say, I like the 'evil' guys...

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old April 8, 2003, 11:46   #13
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 19:12
:EVIL: evil guys, hu, UnOrthO....

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old April 9, 2003, 11:21   #14
Panag
Emperor

hi ,

okay , its near the crossing of "black road" and one of the two others , near "route 1 symbol" , .....

otherwise just find an office with a comp and a net con , .....

have you tried the V AFB website yet

have a nice day

let me guess , you are going to launch a couple things in the sky , ....