Old April 6, 2003, 11:17   #1
statusperfect
King

Local Time: 01:14
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Economy race pick removed.
The economy race pick will be removed in patch. Will it be replaced by something? Any speculations/info?
statusperfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6, 2003, 18:54   #2
Flinx
CTP2 Source Code Project
Prince

Local Time: 18:14
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Well it no longer did anything in the game, so you were better off switching it to barter and allocating the points elsewhere. You could do a lot with those points, I am going to miss them
Flinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7, 2003, 01:22   #3
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Well, it DID still help HFOG, but even that wasn't useful thanks to the gov switch trick.

I hope they tweak the game beyond this; this makes Humans even weaker, while the Cybernetiks and other good manufacturers (most of whom were good already) get even BETTER with Manufacturing being increased by 10 points a level. There was an interesting thread about this on the IG forums; a lot of races with high Econ, like gasbags and Humans, are much worse after this change.
Old April 8, 2003, 07:14   #4
CharlesBHoff
Prince

Local Time: 23:14
If this is than speadsheet override change you can most likely edit this change out. It too many people crying about than minor thing. I say leave the ecomony pick in.
Old April 8, 2003, 12:01   #5
Flinx
CTP2 Source Code Project
Prince

It does nothing. All of the attributes associated with it have been removed from the game. There is no interest on +ive balances. Interest rate on -ive balances is always 6%. The way HFoG currently works you get a greater reduction by changing government and they are changing HFoG in the patches.
Old April 12, 2003, 20:48   #6
Dmzan
Settler

I miss the economy pick.
I too could use the points.
I generally get some economy points spent in homeworld mineral rich status, to make a quick start in the game.
Dmzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16, 2003, 03:22   #7
CharlesBHoff
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Flinx
Well it no longer did anything in the game, so you were better off switching it to barter and allocating the points elsewhere. You could do a lot with those points, I am going to miss them
The data patch replace two files with speadsheet. All you have to do is unzip the data patch into than folder. Go to where your game is install make two backup folder in the place the two new files go. Copy the old files into the backup folders. Created your race with the old files and save
your game at turn one exit game. Copy the data patch files into the place they must go copying over the old files. Start the game again load your save game.
Old May 1, 2003, 12:24   #8
Flinx
CTP2 Source Code Project
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by CharlesBHoff

The data patch replace two files with speadsheet. All you have to do is unzip the data patch into than folder. Go to where your game is install make two backup folder in the place the two new files go. Copy the old files into the backup folders. Created your race with the old files and save
your game at turn one exit game. Copy the data patch files into the place they must go copying over the old files. Start the game again load your save game.
I don't miss the extra points THAT much.

Anyway I think I read somewhere you can mod the game so that you start with extra points. I could be wrong.
Have you switched to Firefox yet?