Old April 6, 2003, 16:04   #1
Andemagne
Civilization II MultiplayerNationStatesCivilization II Succession GamesACDG3 Spartans
King

Local Time: 01:14
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Does Anyone Remember game Called Moonstone?
does anybody know where I could still get it, and how to make it work on my Win98?

Moonstone was a adventure game where you did take part of one of the four knights who seek the land for 4 keys and a piece of fallen meteor. if you found those you'd still have to defeate that evil red dragon. if you succeded in that, celtic druids would turn you into a constellation in the sky. it had good graphics for a game of that age (it was made something like 10 years ago).
great game
Old April 6, 2003, 18:14   #2
Dauphin
Civilization IV PBEMPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 00:14
Beware the Ballocks, they grow stronger as the moon gets fuller
It was a wicked game. I had it for the Amiga. You can get an emulated version of it somewhere I am sure.

Defeating the red dragon wasn't the objective as far a I recall, it just gave you lots of goodies. The main objective was to get the keys to the central 'stonehenge'. Once there you had to defeat some deity type creature. It was a long time ago when I last played and I can't remember what happens when you kill her. In fact I don't think the ending was programmed correctly on the Amiga and it just left you walking around an empty map.

Anyway, my favourite thing about that game was when two (human player) knights would fight each other. Chopping off my brothers head with a full on swordswipe and then watch the blood and gore squirt out of his now headless neck was just the best.

Last edited by Dauphin; April 6, 2003 at 18:20.
Old April 6, 2003, 18:49   #3
Static Universe
Alpha Centauri Democracy Game
Prince

Local Time: 17:14
Local Date: November 1, 2010
The Underdogs has it.
Old April 7, 2003, 03:24   #4
strategy
The Courts of Candle'Bre
Settler

Local Time: 23:14
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Underdogs will help you. If was a fun game - especially with all the gore on. As BC says, killing the Red Dragon was not a goal in itself, though it was often required since it often either had or ended up with one of the keys to the Circle.

Great game - loved the free-form system, upgrading weapons and armor, gambling (in which one invariably lost ) and all the other little things in the game (especially the decapacitation stuff).

They just don't make games like that anymore.
Old April 7, 2003, 05:53   #5
DrSpike
Civilization IV: MultiplayerApolyton University
Deity

Local Time: 00:14
I had this on my Amiga also. Ah, those were the days when games were made for gamers, because only gamers had computers.

Nowadays the Sunday-gamers have too much purchasing power.