Old April 15, 1999, 13:38   #1
Kinjiru
lifer
The Courts of Candle'BreCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueMacSpore
King

Local Time: 00:24
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Intersting game... planet rampage
I was playing an intersting game last night, I called the Seven Sisters of Gaia.

I saved Deiedre's factions with six different names and then loaded them all into the faction slots, so 7 'versions' of Gaia's Stepdaugheters were facing off against each other.

It was amazinG! Total warfare with mindworms in the beginning. Just smashing each other to pieces. Midgame was a bit boring, except for lots of intrigue (probing and bribing). The later game was brutal. Once locuts entered the picture, no one faction could maintain control of their bases. Or terrain improvements for that matter.

I actually lost cause I went for Transcendance. I was about 2 turns away from transcending when two of the remaining four other factions teamed up and assaulted the city with everything, including about 30 Demon Boil class locusts of Chiron and a few singularity tanks. Wiped the city out completely.

Tonight I think I will try the all Fundie approach to see if it turns into the Probe War as I think it will...
Kinjiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15, 1999, 16:52   #2
Velociryx
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormApolytoners Hall of FameC4DG Gathering StormThe Courts of Candle'Bre

Local Time: 05:24
An excellent idea! I'm REALLY curious to try something similar! I may drop two "versions" each of The Hive and the Spartans down, along with three "versions" of the Believers and see what happens.....GAWD....if the game holds true to what you just described, can you imagine the mayhem that will ensue in a game like that? :-) Thanks for the idea....I'm looking forward to this....:-)
-=Vel=-
Velociryx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17, 1999, 17:02   #3
Kinjiru
lifer
King

The all Miriam game was a big let down. No one was developing tech so probing did not help too much. Also, everyone was rather poor, so bases were not being stolen, units not bribed etc.

I am in the middle of anoter cool one though. Three versions of Yang, three version of Spartans and one Morgan (whom I am playing). At the start I was between one spartan and one yang group and that was hairy. But as soon as I had some funds, I just played them against each other long enough for me to get the double votes SP and elect myself gov. Now I can keep track of everyone via intel.

Some very vicious fighting is going on out there. There is one contient with Mount Planet and the Monsoon Jungle. A Yang faction has two cities on the Mt. Planet which are just cranking out units, while one of the SPartan factions is in the Jungle with five cities (letting her pump out at least two units every couple of turns). Those two are going at it like there is no tomorrow, which of course is true since one of the other Spartan factions is heading that way with loaded transports.

I love this game!!

-Kinjy
Old April 19, 1999, 11:17   #4
Velociryx
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormApolytoners Hall of FameC4DG Gathering StormThe Courts of Candle'Bre

WOW....sounds like a bloodfest, Kinjy.....might have to try that configuration myself....LOL...if you've read any of my posts on other areas around here you KNOW I've got a weakness for the Morganites....:-) And that sounds wonderful to me....the good thing about that configuration is that the cursed Gaians and Believers are notably absent....that should make things much easier for Money Bags to do his thing....:-) Everybody else can be bought off, but it's just kinda hard to bribe a mindworm, and we won't even TALK about how hard Miriam is to deal with....::sigh::
-=Vel=-
Old June 7, 1999, 15:42   #5
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 22:24
Local Date: October 30, 2010
Vel: I bet you are surprised to see this old post resurrected

Just had to ask on behalf of Lady Deidre. Were you two-timing on her ? With Morgan?
Googlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7, 1999, 16:05   #6
Velociryx
staff

LOL....not exactly.....:-) But I must confess that the Morganites are probably still my favorite faction.....they just really appeal to my economic training.....and thanks for the URL (forget what post it was in), but I shall check out the other forum! :-)

I had almost forgotten this thread....glad you re-surfaced it! :-)

And by the way, how was your weekend?
Old June 7, 1999, 16:58   #7
Kinjiru
lifer
King

Hmmm... here's a thought.

OCC PBEM with all players as Vel, oops, I mean as Morgan. Can you guys even imagine the obscene amounts of energy generated by the late game?

Heh and the faction names...

Veli Morgan
Googli Morgan
Transcendi Morgan
Kinjy Morgan
etc.

It almost sounds the Frey clan from A Game of Thrones...
Old June 7, 1999, 21:56   #8
Velociryx
staff

LOL....Let's do it! :-) I'm game! (and again, thank you for the compliment, brother Kinjy!) :-) Yes, I'd be honored to participate in a PBEM game with you guys.....'twould be fun.....though, I must confess, I'd be pre-disposed to make a lasting peace with you both.....you've shown me nothing but your honorable sides here, so I'd be hard pressed to even think of attacking.....still, it'd be a great game, I am certain! :-) And btw, good faction names....lol :-)
Old June 8, 1999, 18:21   #9
Transcend
Prince

Good idea, Kinji. Count me in. However, I still need some details how to play this PBEM game.
Transcend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8, 1999, 19:05   #10
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

I'm in.

I've never played a PBEM, although I've started a few with a buddy in the office and never been able to get it off the ground.

I hope one of us has the hang of it and knows what to do

I posted somewhere else here (or maybe in an e-mail), the idea of getting a PBEM going and every five or ten turns or so we each write a little episode of the events from our unique perspective. Any takers

Googlie
Old June 8, 1999, 21:44   #11
Velociryx
staff

But of course, brother....you know I'm game....;-)
-=Vel=-
Old June 9, 1999, 00:34   #12
Capt Dizle
ACDG3 Gaians
King

Another rag tag team of lovey doves out to skip merrily thru the fungus.

Capt Dizle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9, 1999, 09:12   #13
Kinjiru
lifer
King

Jimmytrick, I think you just coined a phrase for a faction quote!
Old June 9, 1999, 15:04   #14
Googlie
Emperor

You talking about me, man?

Sven Alfredsson