Old July 6, 2003, 01:57   #181
BigFree
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG CalysiumBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 16:17
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Dominae, is it really too much to ask you to send an email to Togas, asking for him to re-send the save. I'm sick and tired of chasing all these turns around. This isn't directed at you Dom, it's at every lazy ass who is not playing their turns and not checking the status of the game and relying on other's to do it for them.

If you have sent a PM/email to Togas already, great. But you should have said so in your post above.

Everyone shoud check the PBEM threads at least every 48-72 hours to see what is going on with the save. Bookmark the dang threads if you have to.
Old July 6, 2003, 05:00   #182
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 15:17
I'd better post this --

Resent to Dom. Hope he gets it. If not, please provide me with a different email addy, as I'm sending it to the hotmail one.

--Togas
Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.
Old July 6, 2003, 22:24   #183
Dominae
BtS Tri-LeaguePtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering StormApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 19:17
Sometimes people forget...

To tell you the truth, this game is on my "especially low priority" list because even without my own delays it takes about a week for it to make a round trip from my inbox, which is way to slow for my tastes. The only real reason I'm still playing this one is that I would feel bad just quitting when other players want to keep going.

In order not to be hypocritical, I'll try to check in on this game more often. However, I would be glad if we all agreed to call it quits. All the interested parties could start up another game.

Dominae
Old July 7, 2003, 00:46   #184
BigFree
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG CalysiumBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Deity

Fine, I quit. I don't want to play with disinterested parties.
Old July 7, 2003, 00:57   #185
Master Zen
PtWDG Glory of WarApolytoners Hall of FameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin LoversC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 17:17
Since I'm in like 10+ PBEMs, one more and one less doesn't really add or subract much marginal utility to me. I was kinda hoping to kick all your asses but if you all want to quit. So be it...

To BF: honestly I don't see why you go to all that trouble chasing every PBEM around. It's just a game. Take it like it is, a little more lightly and realize that other people might have reasons for not playing the save. It's not the end of the world if a PBEM slows down. Coming from a vehement opposer of the recent turn proposals of the ISDG at the UN, I kinda find it ironic that you're playing the Miccofl role over here

To Dom: well, it ain't fair to lay blame on the delays of others when you admit to your own delays. I forget to play the saves sometimes too so I'm the last to complain when a PBEM slows down.

Oh well, my Mounted Warriors were itching for a fight...

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)
Old July 7, 2003, 01:08   #186
BigFree
Deity

Ok, you are right MZ. I don't quit.
Old July 7, 2003, 08:57   #187
Dominae
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by BigFree
Fine, I quit. I don't want to play with disinterested parties.
Personally, I dislike PBEM games that drag on between turns. I know this sounds hypocritical to you guys, but I play my turns much faster if everyone else does too (makes the game more engrossing, you know?). Just ask the Strat Forum PBEM people. For my part I'm not blaming this on anyone, just accepting the fact that our schedules do not all agree here.

SO, if no one else quits, I'm not going to. However, I do think this is a good opportunity to only keep the interested parties in this game. If everyone else but me thinks this game is awesome so far and the turns are still this slow, imagine when we reach the Medieval Age. Ugh.

Dominae

P.S: By the way, 'disinterested' does not mean "not interested", but rather "unbiased" (although there is a nuance between the two).
Old July 7, 2003, 13:03   #188
alexman
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization IV CreatorsInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV PBEMApolyCon 06 Participants
Firaxis Games Software Engineer

No, no, no!
You guys are not allowed to stop before you have spent more time playing your turns than I did making the map!
Old July 7, 2003, 13:10   #189
Dominae
Emperor

The Creator speaks!

I've sent the turn. Let's see if we can get this game truly rolling again.

Dominae
Old July 7, 2003, 22:31   #190
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

3200BC sent to Kloreep....

I'm interested, it anyone else is. It's hard to try to do a good job and have it not finished even 1/2 the way into a game.

E_T
Old July 8, 2003, 17:54   #191
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Local Time: 18:17
I'm still interested as well.

We're on 1.21 now, right? Been so long I can't remember. Anyway, 1.21 sent to MZ.
Old July 8, 2003, 19:42   #192
Master Zen
PtWDG Glory of WarApolytoners Hall of FameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin LoversC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Sent to Trip

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)
Old July 9, 2003, 15:15   #193
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

Sent to Zargon.
Old July 10, 2003, 16:24   #194
BigFree
Deity

3200 to Togas.

BTW, where's Zargon's message saying he sent to me?
Old July 10, 2003, 17:38   #195
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Sent to Dominae
Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.
Old July 10, 2003, 19:59   #196
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

3150BC save sent to Kloreep.

E_T
Old July 11, 2003, 01:14   #197
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

To MZ about an hour ago.
Old July 11, 2003, 16:51   #198
Master Zen
Deity

To Trip

Old July 12, 2003, 19:54   #199
BigFree
Deity

I will be going on vacation from July 31 to August 10. If someone wants me to find a replacement during that time, I will.
Old July 13, 2003, 01:42   #200
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

Sent to Zargon.
Old July 13, 2003, 16:59   #201
Kloreep
Emperor

BTW: Zargon is moving and will only have a connection from work till tuesday, so he can't play turns for now.
Old July 14, 2003, 00:57   #202
BigFree
Deity

3150 sent to Togas
Old July 14, 2003, 02:54   #203
Togas
Emperor

sent to Dominae
Old July 14, 2003, 10:33   #204
Dominae
Emperor

Go go go!
Old July 20, 2003, 12:43   #205
ormuzd
Civilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GameIron CiversApolyton UniversityC4DG The HordeC3CDG Ankh-Morpork
Emperor

Local Time: 01:17
Local Date: November 2, 2010
1950 bc to rick
Old July 21, 2003, 14:16   #206
Dominae
Emperor

(ormuzd mistakenly posted here instead of in the Strat 5 thread...)

Just a comment: this is exactly why I'm not exactly big on continuing this game. With over a week between turns, it's hard to motivate myself to play this one at all. For now it's not problem, but in 50 turns (a year, maybe?) when things get "interesting", we'll still be crawling, and most of us will not be playing Civ3 anymore.

Not angry, just thinking about the future.

Dominae
Old July 22, 2003, 23:22   #207
Kloreep
Emperor

I agree this is getting riduculous. Have you PMed/e-mailed E_T, Dominae?
Old July 25, 2003, 15:02   #208
BigFree
Deity

Yes, this is tiring. I will not be asking anyone to send the save along in games 1-5. If it comes to me I'll play it and send it along, but I'm basically writing these games off.

To those that hold up the games; YOU SUCK!
Old August 4, 2003, 22:58   #209
E_T
Emperor

Sorry about the delay
Sorry about the big delay on this, but with my move and new ISP problems (I have Sprint DSL now), I'm just getting around to this. Sorry again.

3100BC sent to Kloreep.

E_T
Old August 5, 2003, 17:33   #210
Kloreep
Emperor

On to MZ.