Old April 7, 2003, 17:39   #1
arazok
Settler

Local Time: 23:18
Local Date: November 1, 2010
PTW Bug? Can't build improvements help!
I just got PTW and installed the 1.21f patch. I'm only about 20 turns in and I am see build options dissapear! First I couldn't build the pyramids (I had the tech) and then a few turns later I couldn't build a garanary or a barraks!

What gives?
Old April 8, 2003, 11:12   #2
Rogerdude
Chieftain

Local Time: 02:18
Local Date: November 2, 2010
What difficulty level are you playing ?
Are you sure other civs didn't built those wonders ?
Old April 8, 2003, 11:15   #3
Rogerdude
Chieftain

Local Time: 02:18
Local Date: November 2, 2010

I didn' t read carefully...

You say Granaries and Barracks ?
I see you' re from Canada. You have the U.S Version, I presume ? You now, PTW patch 1.21 is for US Versoin only.

God know what it can do to the European version.

Better check that out.
Old April 8, 2003, 13:06   #4
bvoncranium
Warlord

Local Time: 18:18
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Re: PTW Bug? Can't build improvements help!
Quote:
Originally posted by arazok
I just got PTW and installed the 1.21f patch. I'm only about 20 turns in and I am see build options dissapear! First I couldn't build the pyramids (I had the tech) and then a few turns later I couldn't build a garanary or a barraks!
What gives?
First, to my knowledge and experience the base Civ3PTW software and 1.21f patched software do not cause city improvement options like Barracks and Temple to disappear. If they are truly not even anywhere on your production menu, I think that you have a more fundamental problem with your installation and/or O/S - you could try to Uninstall and reload.

If however, the improvements appear in your Production menu but are 'grayed-out', this can and does occur if you have already loaded those improvements in your Production Queue for that city. The game will prevent you from being able to build more than 1 of a particular improvement, so if you set up your production queue to build a Temple, then you decide that you want to build things in a different sequence, you'll have to clear out the production queue (or at least the item you want to change the build order of) before all of your options are enabled (e.g. they will be displayed in black on the menu).

I hope that this helps. - bvc