Old April 8, 2003, 16:15   #31
ruby_maser
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Local Time: 17:18
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Don't be fooled by the fruity drama masks, we're tough Our troops only skip into battle out of their sense of duty

The strategy is to attack while your troops are rolling around on the ground and laughing. Its pretty effective.
"The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise with the occasion. As our case is new, so we must think anew and act anew. We must disenthrall ourselves, and then we shall save our country." -- Abraham Lincoln

"Generations to come will scarce believe that such a one as this ever, in flesh and blood, walked upon this earth." -- Albert Einstein, in regards to Mohandis Gandhi
Old April 8, 2003, 16:48   #32
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 16:18
Quote:
Originally posted by ruby_maser
Don't be fooled by the fruity drama masks, we're tough Our troops only skip into battle out of their sense of duty

The strategy is to attack while your troops are rolling around on the ground and laughing. Its pretty effective.
Old April 8, 2003, 16:50   #33
nbarclay
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Thousands of troops skipping to battle in precise step must be an impressive sight.
Old April 8, 2003, 16:52   #34
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

Local Time: 19:18

Enough for this guy turn over in his big chair in the sky.
Old April 8, 2003, 16:57   #35
Master Zen
PtWDG Glory of WarApolytoners Hall of FameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin LoversC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Chair in the sky? I thought you were every team's library rat

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)
Old April 8, 2003, 16:58   #36
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

Nah, I watch the fates of nations unfold, not worry about it years later.
Old April 8, 2003, 17:08   #37
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 15:18
Quote:
Originally posted by ruby_maser
You forgot to mention that the well timed choreography of their skipping is due to the show tunes our swordsmen hum. Be warry. A fight with us might turn out like the fight scene from West Side Story!

--Togas
Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.
Old April 8, 2003, 17:46   #38
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Master Zen

Yeah, and Canada can claim Maine just because it is closer to Ottawa than Washington DC,
Well - since you have raised it:

During the war of 1812 (between the British and the Americans), Maine had been taken by the British and was going to become part of Canada. It was taken relatively peacefully as most of the inhabitants identified more with their British roots than this revolutionary thing that had gone on. I can't say this for sure as I have not discussed it with anyone who was directly involved.

But at the end of the war, and as part of the peace treaty, Maine was handed back to the Americans, generally against the wishes of its people. It should have stayed part of Canada. It is heavily wooded, sparsely populated, and the weather is not great. Just like most of Canada.

This is also the war where the American capitol was sacked.

Most people know the war for the battle of New Orleans (immortalized - pardon the pun - by the Johnny Horton song) where the British got their asses wupped. And this battle technically was not even part of the war - as the peace treaty had been signed the day before.

So yes - please hand over Maine, Mr. Bush.

And as it applies to this game, please hand over our rightful corner of Bob....

.... vultures and all.

Last edited by Beta; April 8, 2003 at 18:35.
Old April 8, 2003, 18:51   #39
Master Zen
PtWDG Glory of WarApolytoners Hall of FameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin LoversC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Bob for Bobians!!!

Ever hear of the Monroe doctrine? Well, this is our version. Deal with it.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)
Old April 8, 2003, 19:14   #40
Konquest02
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Vox ControliApolyton University
Prince

Local Time: 18:18
If it's your land, then go and settle there!

We consider it our land so we go settle there.

Let's make a race for the first one there, we'll see who wins!

--Kon--
Old April 8, 2003, 20:40   #41
Hot_Enamel
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 10:18
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Wittlich
The bottom line is: Wittlich West will be freed from its foreign occupation!
(by one way or another)
What is it with Voxian strategy ?????

They give cities away, and then fight to take them back ?

The cultural border / distance from capital argument is completely irrelevent. Bob is a separate continent, claimed by three nations only. Any attempt to settle is an act of war.

You will not...and never will be...allowed to settle on Bob.
Old April 8, 2003, 22:20   #42
nbarclay
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Hot_Enamel

The cultural border / distance from capital argument is completely irrelevent. Bob is a separate continent, claimed by three nations only. Any attempt to settle is an act of war.
Vox's claims make the idea that Bob is claimed by three nations only clearly false. Nothing stops you from going to war to try to kick Vox off if you're willing to pay the price, but the idea that Vox is the one guilty of aggression in this matter seems completely ridiculous to me.

Note: Just to be clear, all my messages on this matter are my own personal views, not an official position from Gathering Storm.

Nathan
Old April 8, 2003, 23:09   #43
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

you're right we should leave that territory up for grabs.

So GoW will grab it as soon as Vox attempts another settlement.
Old April 8, 2003, 23:23   #44
Hot_Enamel
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by nbarclay
Nothing stops you from going to war to try to kick Vox off if you're willing to pay the price, but the idea that Vox is the one guilty of aggression in this matter seems completely ridiculous to me.
Nathan
The GoW wont have any problem with that...think of all the Great Leaders we will generate with our elite horsemen killing off snotty nosed immortals

Last edited by Hot_Enamel; April 8, 2003 at 23:28.
Old April 9, 2003, 00:55   #45
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Statement from Vox Controli:

"Notwithstanding the current issues on the homefront, Vox Controli stands by its claim to this land and is committed to this operation."
Old April 9, 2003, 01:29   #46
Hot_Enamel
Emperor

Good Luck...bring 'em on...our horsemen are eager for war.
Old April 9, 2003, 03:27   #47
nbarclay
Emperor

Vox now stands alone. I still don't accept the idea that the Bobians are inherently more entitled to the disputed land than Vox is, but I suspect that you find the idea of having an unstable, untrustworthy, and outright dishonest neighbor every bit as distasteful as I do. "We come in peace" is worth very little when it comes from the mouths of known liars.
Old April 9, 2003, 03:32   #48
Master Zen
Deity

I'm amazed... is there not a corner of the earth where you won't go looking for trouble!!!

Old April 9, 2003, 06:09   #49
Thrumble
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEM
Prince

Local Time: 23:18
Quote:
Originally posted by Master Zen
I'm amazed... is there not a corner of the earth where you won't go looking for trouble!!!
Amazingly enough your avatar's facial expression matches the expression of your smilie.
Old April 9, 2003, 06:52   #50
alva
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 01:18
Sounds like operation Barbarossa...
Hmmm, we don't really have enough units on the western(northern) front..., I know...., let's open another one on the other side...
Old April 9, 2003, 06:54   #51
[DG]mav_son
PtWDG Neu Demogyptica
Chieftain

Local Time: 23:18
...and what about all our swordmen looking for upgrade?
Old April 9, 2003, 07:35   #52
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

The children!
Will somebody PLEASE think of the children!!

Yeah, corny, I know... but it works every time!
- Phantom of the Opera
Old April 9, 2003, 21:29   #53
Master Zen
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Thrumble

Amazingly enough your avatar's facial expression matches the expression of your smilie.
Trust me, my avatar is much much meaner

And he's been known to torture immortal gingerbread men...

Old April 10, 2003, 07:36   #54
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

"Run run run, as fast as you can,
you won't catch me - I'M THE GINGERBREAD MAN!!"

Definitely one of my favorite lines in that movie.
And of course, there's the unforgettable:

Gingerbread Man: "She's married to the muffin man."
Lord Farquaad: "The muffin man??"
G. Man (panicked): "The muffin man!!"
Lord Farquaad (pondering): "She's married to the muffin man..."

So much wit crammed into 90 mins runtime. Amazing. Shrek 2 should be coming in 2004... seems like a dumb, watered-down sequel from what I read, though. What a shame.

Oh-uh, I'm getting off-topic!
- Phantom of the Opera
Old April 10, 2003, 10:50   #55
lmtoops
PtWDG LegolandCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMCiv4 SP Democracy Game
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Shiber

Oh-uh, I'm getting off-topic!
Ahh..., off topic??

Dude, you are off in another universe!!
Old April 13, 2003, 06:43   #56
alva
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

We here much talk about the war in the south, but how is this operation going?
Old April 13, 2003, 06:56   #57
Eli
Civ4 SP Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliC4DG VoxCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 02:18
Quote:
Originally posted by alva
We here much talk about the war in the south, but how is this operation going?
Very well, thanks for asking.

Apparently there is no one to fight there so our Northern forces are quite bored.
Old April 13, 2003, 07:23   #58
alva
Deity

So that city still isn't in your hands?
Old April 13, 2003, 08:32   #59
Eli
Civ4 SP Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliC4DG VoxCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 02:18
**** happens.
Old April 13, 2003, 11:18   #60
asleepathewheel
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Well, good luck with the fight in the North. You need to secure WestW ASAP so you can send the remant units to the GS front, thats for sure.