Old April 10, 2003, 16:07   #1
smellymummy
King

Local Time: 15:28
Local Date: November 1, 2010
patch today? anyone still care?
QS says patch at the end of the day, 4/10, pacific time.

Anyone here still playing and will download it? Hey, just look at that news item headline... "Hopefully" means a lot in there.

Anyway, I know I will get it, if I understood right, this "data patch" is just going to be new tables to mess around with, but still nothing game changing.
smellymummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10, 2003, 16:18   #2
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

Local Time: 18:28
i'm looking forward to what other people will say about the patch. i haven't bought the game yet since i'm still wrapped up in school, but this summer i'm going to buy either moo3 or GalCiv, with GalCiv leading right now in the quest for my dollars. If the patch makes the game better, Moo3 could be first in line.

I'm hoping the AI gets a huge lift
H Tower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10, 2003, 16:49   #3
statusperfect
King

Local Time: 01:28
Local Date: November 2, 2010
I won't care until the real code patch. It will be in the beginning of May.
statusperfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10, 2003, 18:58   #4
ACEofHeart
Warlord

Local Time: 23:28
Until they patch what is now a brain-dead, useless diplomacy system, I really don't care.
The MOD makers have already helped in the AI and Visuals of the game, but the moment the Diplomacy starts I yank the CD out and go surfing..

Remember in MOO2 how the races, first introduce themselves, stated their feelings toward you, declared war if you atttacked them, made treaties that had meaning , didn't talk in jibberish riddles, and you could build on a friendship..
well uh, what #@%$ happened to it ???
ACEofHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10, 2003, 19:04   #5
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by statusperfect
I won't care until the real code patch. It will be in the beginning of May.
Same here. Most of the fixes/additions I'm looking forward to are in the code patch. Not sure if I'll even bother to download the data patch...
Old April 10, 2003, 20:25   #6
Tuberski

The data patch seems to be fixing things that have already been modded. So why bother?

ACK!
"I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large out of focus monster roaming the countryside. Look out, he's fuzzy, let's get out of here."
Tuberski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10, 2003, 20:31   #7
Nirvana_CN
Chieftain

Well the patch is out.

Sadly its not enough for me to drop Gal-Civ for and buy another cheapo copy of Moo3.

It seems to be similar to what the modders have come up with.
Hope it makes the game fun for you guys playing it though
I'll be sure to come back when the real patch gets here Luckily Gal-Civ stopped me feeling so angry and disapointed, who knows i might be tired of Gal-Civ when the Patch that Saves moo3 comes out hehe
Old April 10, 2003, 20:58   #8
wervdon
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 17:28
Well on the plus side is at least its a "standard" mod :P
wervdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10, 2003, 21:10   #9
Shadowlord
Civilization IV Creators
Prince

http://moo3.quicksilver.com/downloads/Moo3DataPatch.zip
"For it must be noted, that men must either be caressed or else annihilated; they will revenge themselves for small injuries, but cannot do so for great ones; the injury therefore that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance." - Niccolo Machiavelli
Shadowlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10, 2003, 22:21   #10
asleepathewheel
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

does this patch do stuff that modders couldn't? I mean, the procedures for the install and the files are the same. Blarg.
asleepathewheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10, 2003, 23:23   #11
ACEofHeart
Warlord

From what I read, they didn't really do anything that most MODs didn't already address.. in fact they even give reference to that fact..

I'm so excited
Old April 10, 2003, 23:37   #12
asleepathewheel
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by ACEofHeart
From what I read, they didn't really do anything that most MODs didn't already address.. in fact they even give reference to that fact..

I'm so excited
yeah, I read the thread on infomoo a few minutes ago from QS saying that basically all they did was what the modders have already done. Schnooze.
asleepathewheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10, 2003, 23:37   #13
CharlesBHoff
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by asleepathewheel
does this patch do stuff that modders couldn't? I mean, the procedures for the install and the files are the same. Blarg.
First this is offical compare to the mod's. One mod might have than conflict with than other mod. While than official data patch will not have any conflict with itself.

OT I have than major operation awhile back where they have to cut me open all the way from near my penis to above my bellybutton by about 2 inches. First I than not going to have than amuter with no medical traiming cut me open. They thought I have colon cancer which turn out to be
than slowly leaping aprenilty (it the thing have broken open I would have die) which have enflame and infect apart of my
colon which would have me die also. I than a hight risk operateion person with than bad liver and diates. I have it done at than hosiptal which must treat all people includeing homeless people and is in the top 100 hosiptal out of 5000 in America which is run by TEXAS TECH than medical school. So the chairman of the department with one real doctor with 3 or 4 almost doctor really to get their lience did the operation cover by medical care and QMD in Texas with help from than drug company working
on than blood test to detect colon cancer.
Old April 11, 2003, 04:13   #14
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

so no AI patch? does that mean that you'll hardly ever get attacked still?
H Tower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11, 2003, 04:50   #15
bdupree
Settler

Remember in MOO2 how the races, first introduce themselves, stated their feelings toward you, declared war if you atttacked them, made treaties that had meaning , didn't talk in jibberish riddles, and you could build on a friendship..

no, I think we were playing different games, because the diplomacy in the Moo2 I played was pretty basic.
bdupree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11, 2003, 05:07   #16
statusperfect
King

Quote:
Originally posted by ACEofHeart Remember in MOO2 how the races, first introduce themselves, stated their feelings toward you, declared war if you atttacked them, made treaties that had meaning , didn't talk in jibberish riddles, and you could build on a friendship..
well uh, what #@%$ happened to it ???
You grew up?

I'm not kidding, this might be the case. I still remember how phat i thought Civ1 was when it was new. But going back to it a year ago ruined all those memories.

Last edited by statusperfect; April 11, 2003 at 05:12.
statusperfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11, 2003, 06:38   #17
MariOne
King

Well, it's rather weird seeing how CBH disclosed some very personal and delicate albeit OT infos, and posters went on discussing about the patch totally ignoring him...

I frankly had some difficulty to follow what you said, my best wishes anyway CBH
Old April 11, 2003, 07:58   #18
CharlesBHoff
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by MariOne
Well, it's rather weird seeing how CBH disclosed some very personal and delicate albeit OT infos, and posters went on discussing about the patch totally ignoring him...

I frankly had some difficulty to follow what you said, my best wishes anyway CBH
If you are going to have than operation that is major get the
best people availate to do it. I once knew than real penny pincy person who had to have than operation to remove than brian tummor and he to save money have it done by than cheaper doctor not looking how good they medical record is and he die while another doctor and his team who might have cost 50,000 to 100,000 dollar more would have done the operateion right, all operation are rickly and can have you die it thing go wrong. The better doctor plan better for the possible that thing can go very wrong.

I would have save the state alot of money haveing than street punk do the operation and it that was the case I wouldnot be here typeing this now. It you are going to be
cut open in operation the last thing to look at is cost of operation but look who is doing it an how many operation
of the time that is being done on you they did and how succress they where. But take in considering that some operation are done to try to save than person who is at death door so the succress rate will be low.
Old April 11, 2003, 08:43   #19
CharlesBHoff
Prince

Well the data patch work than it fix the problem's that donot
need the code patch. They got rid of alot of speadsheet's which are not use at all anymore.
Old April 11, 2003, 11:08   #20
ACEofHeart
Warlord

"I grew up" ??
Nah,, according to everyone I know I'm still a kid !!

I still play MOO2 today, and while I still hold out hope for MOO3, as I do like some things ,,no way will you convince me that the Diplomacy in MOO2 is not better scripted, more reaonable and just has more personality !!
I do acknowledge that a lot of MOO2's races were more cartoonish. Cept for Human, Psilon and my blue Babe !!
Every race in MOO3, communicates in the same mumbo jumbo lingo, has way too many correspondences for the same treaty, and once in the span of about 10 turns , declared war, made an economic treaty, undeclared war, and then declared war again.. gimme a break !!
And I love how sometimes on the "first" time meeting a new species they thank you for past actions.. reminded me of CTP, when they said your "past history" precedes you,, huh ?? what past ?? I start started a whole new civilization just 3 freaking turns ago !!

Old April 11, 2003, 16:14   #21
The Templar
Prince

Quote:
Every race in MOO3, communicates in the same mumbo jumbo lingo, has way too many correspondences for the same treaty, and once in the span of about 10 turns , declared war, made an economic treaty, undeclared war, and then declared war again.. gimme a break !!
I remember that happening all the time.
The Templar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11, 2003, 16:41   #22
smellymummy
King

Local Time: 15:28
well this data patch seems to feel like the mods. I uninstalled everything before applying it.

I'm just going to restore the galaxyconfiguration.txt (for ring galaxies ) and try out the rest more... at least QS is able to do something. How humble can this be.. Release a fix entirely mimicking user made mods? I think it's great
smellymummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11, 2003, 18:57   #23
CharlesBHoff
Prince

Quote:
"I grew up" ??
Nah,, according to everyone I know I'm still a kid !!

I still play MOO2 today, and while I still hold out hope for MOO3, as I do like some things ,,no way will you convince me that the Diplomacy in MOO2 is not better scripted, more reaonable and just has more personality !!
I do acknowledge that a lot of MOO2's races were more cartoonish. Cept for Human, Psilon and my blue Babe !!
And I love how sometimes on the "first" time meeting a new species they thank you for past actions.. reminded me of CTP, when they said your "past history" precedes you,, huh ?? what past ?? I start started a whole new civilization just 3 freaking turns ago !!

Diplomacy is working better than race which I have Diplomacy contact with in the senate declare war on me 20 turn later ended with no combat on either side ecpet for my spies. I the the senate pass than Diplomate isloateion of then and a bill to put than ecomoncy embrass on then was second and vote on.
Old April 11, 2003, 19:12   #24
ACEofHeart
Warlord

Huh ???
Old April 11, 2003, 19:25   #25
CharlesBHoff
Prince

Quote:
Huh ???
There was no direct space lane between me and then and it
would take afew hundred turn off starlane to travel with the
first warp engines. Plus they are at war with two other empires also.
Old April 11, 2003, 19:48   #26
ACEofHeart
Warlord

oh,, I gotcha...

I guess the only point I was trying to make is that I haven't read too much here at the forum or at Moo3's website about diplomacy being fixed in the future or even needing to be fix !!
I just find that puzzling as to me it's such a MAJOR part of the game.
Maybe everyone is playing Multi-player or don't even bother looking at diplomacy messages
Old April 12, 2003, 06:27   #27
CharlesBHoff
Prince

Quote:
oh,, I gotcha...

I guess the only point I was trying to make is that I haven't read too much here at the forum or at Moo3's website about diplomacy being fixed in the future or even needing to be fix !!
I just find that puzzling as to me it's such a MAJOR part of the game.
Maybe everyone is playing Multi-player or don't even bother looking at diplomacy messages
It working better than it did before. Did you know that International Arrest Warrent have than limit life of 3 to 6 month . The reason being it is inpossible to notice all police department around the world that the person was arrest of than error was make than the person isnot want at all. That why some war end after 20 turn of no combat.