Old April 17, 2003, 06:19   #61
nbarclay
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Local Time: 17:29
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Civilians? Your troops are obviously blind if they can't tell the difference between civillian workers and our Army Corps of Engineers.
Old April 17, 2003, 08:35   #62
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 01:29
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Ha ha! Your troops are marching "unhindered", but soon enough, they will take another step and realize that they've fallen off the edge of the world!

BetaHound, as much as I'd like to burst your bubble ( ), keeping the fog of war in place is more important to me than trash-talking Vox.

P.S. BetaHound, I realize that some of my last remarks may be interpreted as somewhat offensive. I hope that you do not mistake them for such! I have no intention of offending anyone, and I apologize if I have.
I'll be more careful from now on.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old April 17, 2003, 08:37   #63
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Voxian fools! Workers can't be captured on mountains!
Uhh, wait...
- Phantom of the Opera
Old April 17, 2003, 09:03   #64
OliverFA
PtWDG RoleplaySpanish CiversInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStatesCiv4 SP Democracy Game
King

Quote:
Originally posted by BetaHound
Our military commanders are prepared for GS military units using civilians as human shields, or GS mixing para-military formations with stacks of workers.
It's that true? Please avoid the killing of civilians! Who will work the land (whoever is the winner) after the war ends? The rulling class needs someone to govern!
Old April 17, 2003, 09:39   #65
Nuclear Winter
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayPtWDG2 SunshineSpanish Civers
Prince

Local Time: 20:29
The people bah!
Freedom of speech Bah!
Swordsmen BAH!

Well, I believe killing innocents is more of a glory than a shame on this unenlightened era... no UN and such... take your time before the coming of the BLlix!
Old April 17, 2003, 10:53   #66
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by nbarclay
Civilians? Your troops are obviously blind if they can't tell the difference between civillian workers and our Army Corps of Engineers.
Absolutely, civilian workers are paid, GS's Corps of Engineers are civilians whose family are held hostage to insure they "do their duty".

Last edited by GhengisFarb™; April 17, 2003 at 17:39.
Old April 17, 2003, 11:16   #67
Aeson
Emperor

We are on the eve of battle (relatively speaking... GS is sure to hold the save forever )... and in the next few turns this trash talking will be a lot less fun for one or both our teams.

So the trash talking from me ends here. Good luck Vox, may you find honor (and the business end of a GS sword ) on the field of battle!
Old April 17, 2003, 11:20   #68
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Local Time: 19:29
Quote:
Originally posted by Shiber

P.S. BetaHound, I realize that some of my last remarks may be interpreted as somewhat offensive. I hope that you do not mistake them for such! I have no intention of offending anyone, and I apologize if I have.
I'll be more careful from now on.
n/p Shiber. And thanks.

But don't be too hesitant - bring it on!

(Besides - that's what this thread is for.)
Old April 17, 2003, 11:24   #69
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Aeson
We are on the eve of battle ....

Good luck Vox, may you find honor on the field of battle!
And good luck to Gathering Storm!

Although with the blessings of The One on our side, luck will not be a factor.
Old April 17, 2003, 11:40   #70
Shiber
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by GhengisFarb
Absolutely, civilian workers are paid, GS's Corps of Engineers are civilians whose family is held hostage to insure they "do their duty".
Please GF, we do not need any advice on proletarian rights from any despots such as yourself.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old April 17, 2003, 11:42   #71
Shiber
Emperor

Oh, I just realized - we GS'ers don't have any gods, or religion... sure, we pray to the gods of the RNG on several occasions but we don't have any systematic religious rituals.
Perhaps we should carve an idol or something... I'll see what I can do with Photoshop tomorrow.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old April 17, 2003, 11:42   #72
Theseus
PtWDG Gathering StormApolyton UniversityApolytoners Hall of FameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG Gathering StormApolyCon 06 Participants
Emperor

Location: The warmonger formerly known as rpodos. Gathering Storm!
The One = the RNG??!!

So what's with the Immortals?

You should have gone all Spears... you'd be safe up through Tanks!!

The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.
Old April 17, 2003, 11:45   #73
Theseus
PtWDG Gathering StormApolyton UniversityApolytoners Hall of FameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG Gathering StormApolyCon 06 Participants
Emperor

And to all the forces of both GS and Vox:

Morituri te salutant!!
The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Old April 17, 2003, 18:01   #74
Shiber
Emperor

You've been brushing up your Roman I see...
- Phantom of the Opera
Old April 17, 2003, 19:38   #75
vondrack
lifer
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMPtWDG Legoland
Emperor

Local Time: 00:29
Quote:
Originally posted by Theseus
And to all the forces of both GS and Vox:

Morituri te salutant!!
* vondrack salutes.
Old April 17, 2003, 23:57   #76
nbarclay
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Quote:

The troops of Vox Controli continue to advance unhindered into GS territory.
I almost let this part pass, but I've decided not to. Granted, Vox Controli forces have most definitely crossed into territory you had previously agreed would belong to us in our border treaty. But Voxian forces have yet to enter our cultural borders much less attack anything of value (aside from your assassination and scattering of our observer corps). When you're ready for something serious, our pike/catapult/war chariot welcoming committee will be waiting.

Nathan
Old April 18, 2003, 00:04   #77
Velociryx
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormApolytoners Hall of FameC4DG Gathering StormThe Courts of Candle'Bre

Local Time: 23:29
Indeed!

Good luck and Godspeed to our fine troops (and....ohwhatheheck...good luck to Vox too! )

Go GS!

-=Vel=-

EDIT: All Vox's base are belong to us?
The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.
Old April 18, 2003, 00:07   #78
Velociryx
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormApolytoners Hall of FameC4DG Gathering StormThe Courts of Candle'Bre

Local Time: 23:29
(the above message brought to you by all of Vel's favorite smileys)

-=Vel=-
The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.
Old April 18, 2003, 03:45   #79
Shiber
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Velociryx
EDIT: All Vox's base are belong to us?
Move Zig!
FOR GREAT JUSTICE!
- Phantom of the Opera
Old April 18, 2003, 03:59   #80
Master Zen
PtWDG Glory of WarApolytoners Hall of FameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin LoversC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

why do I feel that whoever wins will end up giving the most biased briefing possible in the end??

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)
Old April 18, 2003, 04:46   #81
BigFree
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG CalysiumBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 16:29
Quote:
Originally posted by nbarclay

When you're ready for something serious, our pike/catapult/war chariot welcoming committee will be waiting.

Nathan
Ah, so GS has Feudalism now, does it? Makes it a little more interesting than Immortals slashing at WC's, Spearmen, and Swordsmen.

Do you guys have enough Gold to upgrade all your Spearmen on the front line.....With a GA, you probably would have it pretty soon if you don't have it all already.
Old April 18, 2003, 09:34   #82
Beta
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Master Zen
why do I feel that whoever wins will end up giving the most biased briefing possible in the end??

No, our briefing will be the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, The One so help me.
Old April 18, 2003, 09:54   #83
Shiber
Emperor

I find it impossible to read such a message when it appears next to an avatar such as BetaHound's and still take it seriously.
- Phantom of the Opera

Last edited by Shiber; April 18, 2003 at 10:04.
Old April 18, 2003, 11:10   #84
nbarclay
Emperor

Quote:

No, our briefing will be the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, The One so help me.
If "whoever wins will end up giving the most biased briefing possible," and your briefing will be the truth, what does that say about who's going to win?
Old April 18, 2003, 11:19   #85
Beta
lifer
Deity

Us of course - as it will be the 'truth'.
Old April 18, 2003, 11:27   #86
HarryH
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG2 Sunshine
King

Local Time: 15:29
Quote:
You should have gone all Spears... you'd be safe up through Tanks!!
I am glad you agree that our Immortals, who have the same defense ability as the Spears, are safe through this era.
Old April 18, 2003, 11:43   #87
Theseus
Emperor

Ahhh, no, unfortunately for Vox, the infamous "Spear versus Tank" phenomenon is not relevant.

In this case, it is the well-known "Immortals get their butts kicked by WCs" rule that shall apply.

Old April 18, 2003, 21:44   #88
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Theseus
"Immortals get their butts kicked by WCs"
What do Wet Chickens have to do with anything?

"My Lord, our soldiers fear Gathering Storm's Wet Chickens."
Old April 18, 2003, 22:45   #89
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Fear the Chickens.
Old April 19, 2003, 00:33   #90
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by notyoueither
Fear the Chickens.
I guess this is where the addage "madder than a wet hen" comes from.............