Old April 23, 2003, 21:09   #151
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 16:30
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Yes, it looks to be up - but only barely! Hopefully the system will sabilize in the next few hours..
Old April 23, 2003, 21:36   #152
Theseus
PtWDG Gathering StormApolyton UniversityApolytoners Hall of FameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG Gathering StormApolyCon 06 Participants
Emperor

Local Time: 19:30
Location: The warmonger formerly known as rpodos. Gathering Storm!
AAARRGGGHHH!!!

/me ... needs ... to ... see ... the ... next ... turn ...

(credits to Arrian)
The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.
Old April 23, 2003, 23:32   #153
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by nbarclay
What do you Voxians think of the party we threw in honor of your arrival in our territory? I hope you like rock. Oh, what's that? Rock is supposed to be a kind of music, not boulders raining down from the sky? Oops, my bad.
Well - we handed out some band-aids if that's what you mean. I hope no one on your side got hurt too badly in the exchange.
Old April 23, 2003, 23:45   #154
Theseus
PtWDG Gathering StormApolyton UniversityApolytoners Hall of FameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG Gathering StormApolyCon 06 Participants
Emperor

Obscure reference:

"Immortals, come out and pla-ay.

Immortals, come out and PLA-AY!

IMMORTALS, COME OUT AND PLA-AY!!!"
The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Old April 24, 2003, 06:54   #155
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Theseus
Obscure reference:

Well - we are out and playing. It is the GS forces which are cowering in their homes.
Old April 24, 2003, 07:09   #156
nbarclay
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Local Time: 17:30
Speaking of cowering, I don't recall seeing any immortals traveling overland anywhere but mountains lately. So perhaps both our peoples have a preference to avoid combat on terms not favorable to us. As the Book of the Storm says in Wisdom 7:1, "Take care where you point, lest you find three fingers pointing back at yourself."
Old April 24, 2003, 09:07   #157
mjmacy
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEM
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Theseus
Obscure reference:

Movie:"The Warriors"

love the baseball clowns
"Do not honour the worthy, And the people will not compete. Do not value rare treasures, And people will not steal. Do not display what people want, And the people will not have their hearts confused. A sage governs this way: He empties peoples minds and fills their bellies. He weakens their wills and strengthens their bone. Keep the people always without knowledge and without desires, For then the clever will not dare act. Engage in no action and order will prevail."-Loazi "The Classic of The Way and Its Powers"
Old April 24, 2003, 13:44   #158
Randolph
Civilization III Democracy GameC4DG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityPtWDG Gathering StormC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Prince

Local Time: 18:30
They were supposed to be gangs not clowns weren't they? Or did they also have a clown-like appearance (that is more than all the "gangs" did)? Funny movie though

See what this delay has done, we're now talking about cheesy 80's movies!
Old April 24, 2003, 14:26   #159
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 01:30
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Actually, it was released in 1979...
- Phantom of the Opera
Old April 24, 2003, 15:20   #160
ruby_maser
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Quote:
Originally posted by mjmacy
Movie:"The Warriors"

love the baseball clowns
The baseball clowns gang were actually called the "Baseball Furies" in the movie.

I heard somewhere recently that a remake was in the works; I wonder if that fell through
"The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise with the occasion. As our case is new, so we must think anew and act anew. We must disenthrall ourselves, and then we shall save our country." -- Abraham Lincoln

"Generations to come will scarce believe that such a one as this ever, in flesh and blood, walked upon this earth." -- Albert Einstein, in regards to Mohandis Gandhi
Old April 24, 2003, 15:44   #161
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

As of this moment, it is still in the works AFAIK.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old April 24, 2003, 15:46   #162
Shiber
Emperor

Some fan site tells me that the movie is still in the works. In fact, there are also plans for a book, a game and (drumrolls, please) action figures! (the latter should come out this summer)
- Phantom of the Opera
Old April 24, 2003, 19:14   #163
Theseus
Emperor

I liked the Lizzies.

Old April 24, 2003, 19:21   #164
Shiber
Emperor

Good idea - Spam Vox's thread until they pass the save.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old April 24, 2003, 19:40   #165
Theseus
Emperor

More importantly...

Ahem.

Excuse me, but, uh...

*cough cough*

If it wouldn't be too much trouble.

Errr...

Wouldn't want to put you out.

Hmmm.

If you have an extra minute.

Sniff sniff.

Could you possiby publish the next edition of the Vox Daily War Report?

Pretty please with a cherry on top??

/me really is muttering: I picked up a kaiser blade that was a layin' there by the screen door, some folks calls it a sling blade, I call it a kaiser blade. It's just a long handle like a axe handle with a long blade on it that's shaped kind of like a banana. Sharp on one edge and dull on the other. It's what the highway boys use to cut down weeds and whatnot. I went in the kitchen there and I hit Jesse Dixon up side the head with it and knocked him off my mother. I reckon that didn't quite satisfy me so I hit him again in the neck with the sharp edge and just plumb near cut his head off. Killed him. Well, my mother, she jumped up from there and started yellin', "What did you kill Jesse fer? What did you kill Jesse fer?" Uh hunh. Well, come to find out my mother didn't really mind what Jesse was a doin' to her. I reckon that made me madder than what Jesse had made me. I takened the kaiser blade, some folks calls it a sling blade, I call it a kaiser blade and hit my mother up side the head with it an' killed her.

Old April 24, 2003, 19:52   #166
Shiber
Emperor

I think I recognize that excerpt. Where did you quote it from?
I seriously hope you didn't write it...
- Phantom of the Opera
Old April 24, 2003, 19:57   #167
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

From a movie of the same name as that of the murder weapon.
Old April 24, 2003, 19:58   #168
ruby_maser
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Gathering Storm
King

What is Sling Blade?!

What do I win?

[edit]: NYE, did not phrase his response in the form of a question...
"The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise with the occasion. As our case is new, so we must think anew and act anew. We must disenthrall ourselves, and then we shall save our country." -- Abraham Lincoln

"Generations to come will scarce believe that such a one as this ever, in flesh and blood, walked upon this earth." -- Albert Einstein, in regards to Mohandis Gandhi
Old April 24, 2003, 20:02   #169
Shiber
Emperor

That guy should have used a catapult to kill his mother. They work against "immortals", so they must work against mere mortals as well.
Or would that have been overkill?
- Phantom of the Opera
Old April 24, 2003, 20:22   #170
Theseus
Emperor

ruby, you are the proud new owner of....

A BANANA!!!!!!!

[edit: the spam continues!]

Old April 24, 2003, 21:04   #171
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

I loved that Radio announcer, and you only saw her lips through the whole movie.

"CAN YOUR DIG IT!!"

E_T
Old April 24, 2003, 23:11   #172
Beta
lifer
Deity

Your attention please - this is the Vox daily war report - from the Voxian Ministry of Information. 630BC.

Vox would first like to comment on the recent eclipse which affected the known world. It is clear that time was affected, and that world events actually slowed down. Voxian scientists are studying data compiled on the phenomenom to determine its cause - and possible recurrence.

The eclipse also affected the war - which admittedly slowed considerably as well.

To today's events. Voxian troops continued their advance into GS territory, and now sit astride two Storm cities. A force is also advancing on the capitol.

On the eastern front, the Second Voxian army acknowledges Argha the Aggressor's tidy victory over a nameless, and now dead, GS swordsmen. The eastern front continues to receive reinforcements.

Vox would also like to look back at recent public comments from Gathering Storm. One in particular comes to mind. I believe it was nbarclay who declared: "Vox stands alone."

Old April 25, 2003, 04:59   #173
OliverFA
PtWDG RoleplaySpanish CiversInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStatesCiv4 SP Democracy Game
King

Quote:
Originally posted by BetaHound
Vox would first like to comment on the recent eclipse which affected the known world. It is clear that time was affected, and that world events actually slowed down. Voxian scientists are studying data compiled on the phenomenom to determine its cause - and possible recurrence.
You also felt it? A terrible fog came upon Madrid and we couldn't see anything. It lasted for days, I'm pretty sure of that. But the clocks only counted a few hours. I could go from one point of the room to the other between the tic and the tac!
Old April 25, 2003, 10:54   #174
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

I'll I know is we went into the eclipse in Anarchy and we came out of it not in Anarchy.
Old April 25, 2003, 12:09   #175
DeepO
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by GhengisFarb
I'll I know is we went into the eclipse in Anarchy and we came out of it not in Anarchy.
Would that be a cause of the Ecplise then? You coming out of Anarchy? Could you perhaps go back into Anarchy, and stay there for a while, to make sure the rest of the world is safe? All our chickens went mad, they thought the sky was coming down on them

DeepO
Old April 25, 2003, 12:18   #176
Eli
Civ4 SP Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliC4DG VoxCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 02:30
Quote:
All our chickens went mad, they thought the sky was coming down on them
It wasnt the sky... It was the Voxian swords.
Old April 25, 2003, 12:53   #177
alva
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Who or what are those Voxians you keep talking about???
-
Like DeepO said, GF, could you see if you could do it again, to see if it's recreatable?
-

BTW: How is it posible for a warmongering nation to be a republic???

Wait..., nevermind.... (j/k)
Old April 25, 2003, 14:13   #178
DeepO
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by alva

Sometimes I love living in a peaceful constitutional Monarchy

DeepO
Old April 25, 2003, 14:26   #179
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Quote:

Hey, I really tried to argue for Monarchy, no one would hear anything of the sort, though.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old April 25, 2003, 14:26   #180
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Quote:
Who or what are those Voxians you keep talking about???
-
Like DeepO said, GF, could you see if you could do it again, to see if it's recreatable?
-

What is this Republic you talk of?