Old April 11, 2003, 11:06   #1
Sovereign
Prince

Local Time: 18:31
Local Date: November 1, 2010
4 questions about GalCiv
Hey guys!

I finally got GalCiv.

I played a few games, and I have four questions I would very much like to have answered.

First, where or how do I select the victory options? I don't want an fast end to a game, like cultural or diplomacy. I want a long drawn out battle.

Second, How do I pick the "Planet Quality" bonus at the customization? I only see 8 stats at the start-up screen, the Trade, Speed, Weapons, Defense, etc. (The screen before you modify the 5 other civilizations, the Yor, Dregnin, etc).

Third, how do I check my alignment levels? I can't find out where to do this (other than the windows changing styles).

Last question... How do I change my alignment from Evil to Good, or Good to Evil? I keep killing the worms for better Planet Quality... 40% planet quality is too delicious to pass up!

Suppose I do like 20 worm killings, then how much stuff if any, would I have to do to get back to Neutral or Good?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Laters.
Sovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11, 2003, 11:11   #2
Fried-Psitalon
Civilization IV: MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormGalCiv Apolyton EmpireCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityC4DG Sarantium
Official Civilization IV Strategy Guide Co-Author

Question Answers by question:
1. You need to patch. The on/off switches for these are found in the galaxy creation screen at that time.
2. You need to patch. The more selectable bonuses are, again, available on the galaxy creation screen with the updates.
3. Under the Domestic Matters sections, click Stats, click society- it's on the upper left: Alignment.
4. The only way I know of is making specific moral decisions. Evil to Good is *MUCH* harder than vice versa- your alignment sinks much faster than it climbs.

Hope that helps.

Edit: PS- read my thread on alignments; the way the game stands now, there's no reason for you to get want to not be evil anyhow!
Fried-Psitalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11, 2003, 11:29   #3
Sovereign
Prince

Heh. Thanks Fried.

I tried to patch, but I'm not exactly sure how to do that. I know Stardock is the place to go, but I'm a little confused on how exactly to do it. Do I have to set up an account to do it, and if so, is it free?

I'm not that proficient with patching or computers.

But, any help on patching up would be greatly appreciated.
Old April 11, 2003, 12:15   #4
Fried-Psitalon
Civilization IV: MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormGalCiv Apolyton EmpireCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityC4DG Sarantium
Official Civilization IV Strategy Guide Co-Author

The Stardock account is free- I don't remember the precise details on what to do after you set up the account, but it was pretty straightforward....
Fried-Psitalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11, 2003, 13:36   #5
Gregurabi
Prince

Local Time: 23:31
If I recall correctly, you don't have to register with stardock to dowload the stand-alone patches (1.01, maybe 1.02 if it's been QA'ed by now). You only have to register to get the little incremental ones like 1.02.40.

But I might be remembering wrong. I'm not even at home now.
Gregurabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11, 2003, 15:15   #6
bonscott
GalCiv Apolyton Empire
Prince

Local Time: 19:31
Corect. There is a stand alone 1.01 plus Bonus Pack patch that you can download from Stardock on the www.galciv.com home page.

They seem to push out smaller patches almost every 2-3 days it seems and you need to install Stardock Central and register an account with Startdock and then you can download all the smaller updates.
bonscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11, 2003, 18:03   #7
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 19:31
I think then intend to have a standard patch process where you down load a patch and apply it. It may be self extracting or not, I don't know.

The main method would be to download the SDC (StarDock Central) application and then contect to SDC.
Once there you will select Dreinig tab and see all the applications available.
Select Galciv and it will show what your current status is and if an update is available select it and it will do it for you. Painless really, well it is now, at first you got the whole 85MB.
vmxa1 is offline   Reply With Quote