Old April 11, 2003, 11:46   #1
Zealot
King

Local Time: 00:31
Local Date: November 2, 2010
We love the iraqi information minister!
Of course we do! That's why there is already an "official" fan site for him.

www.welovetheiraqiinformationminister.com

What a laugh!
Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1
Old April 11, 2003, 11:58   #2
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

Local Time: 18:31
Local Date: November 1, 2010
down.
Old April 11, 2003, 12:02   #3
Paul Hanson
King

That place is a goldmine of M.S.S. related humour.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.
Old April 11, 2003, 12:10   #4
Zealot
King

UberKruX it's not down, but try this one then:
http://64.39.15.171/
Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1
Old April 11, 2003, 12:17   #5
Andrew1999
Warlord

Local Time: 17:31
The important question is, what card is he on?

I see a big future for the "Iraqi War Criminal Playing Cards" on eBay.
Old April 11, 2003, 12:21   #6
PLATO
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildGalCiv Apolyton EmpireCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameThe Courts of Candle'BreC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireannC3CDG Blood Oath Horde
Emperor

It is amazing that a Nation would put out this kind of "information". If it wasn't so ridiculous as to be funny, then it would be frightening. Did the Arabs really believe this guy?
Troll on dope is like a moose on the loose - Grandpa Troll
Old April 11, 2003, 12:23   #7
Donegeal
PtWDG Glory of WarC4DG VoxApolyCon 06 ParticipantsC4BtSDG TemplarsSpore
Emperor

Local Time: 23:31
Quote:
It has been rumored that we have fired scud missiles into Kuwait. I am here now to tell you, we do not have any scud missiles and I don't know why they were fired into Kuwait.
Old April 11, 2003, 12:28   #8
Ming
lifer
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Retired

What a great site. I had a chance to catch up on all his press briefings that I missed...

Quote:
"The forces of American colonialism began to drop containers that produce a sound explosion, a very huge sound. I remind you that they said that their strategy is based on shock and awe. Those failed ones manufactured a type of container that has an explosive substance, which they drop. They cause a very huge explosion in terms of sound, as if the universe was shaken. After a while, you go out and you don't find anything. You find some nails, screws, pieces of metal, but the important thing here is the sound. Those failed ones think that through the huge sound explosion, people would be shocked and consequently would collapse and be defeated. What happened? The contrary. The fighters..., the masses..., and the heroic sons of the Iraqi tribes discovered this game. They will turn it against the American louts so as to shock them. Wait for surprises, God willing, to see how the US game will fail."

Thanks for the link!
Old April 11, 2003, 12:33   #9
Zealot
King

I'm glad you liked it! I'm here to make Apolyton better! Can I be a mod?

Old April 11, 2003, 12:35   #10
Donegeal
PtWDG Glory of WarC4DG VoxApolyCon 06 ParticipantsC4BtSDG TemplarsSpore
Emperor

Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	mss.jpg
Views:	601
Size:	16.3 KB
ID:	42237  
Old April 11, 2003, 13:34   #11
Arrian
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Deity

Local Time: 19:31
When attempting to access the site:

Quote:
Due to overwhelming support for welovetheiraqiinformationminister.com. We will be bringing it back on a brand new web server that will be dedicated to the task of serving this comical view of history's funniest straight man. This should be up in 24 hours from now.

Note: from the webmaster
The site was so popular that 4000 visitors per second showed up from around the world and overwhelmed this shared server for over 8 hours until we turned it off in self defense. It basically put a 100 other businesses out of business for a day. If we had known it was going to be this popular we would have put it on it's own server from the beginning.

What started out as a private joke to be shared by a small group of friends has turned into a hit. Check back in 24 hours or so while the internet routers figure out where the new web server is that replaces this old one. The site consists of lots of bandwidth hogging pictures and animations that you'll love once you see it on its new home server.

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.
Old April 11, 2003, 15:16   #12
dr. blackclove
Prince

I laughed until I cried.

Now all we need is a similar site for North Korea quotes - "...in case you had forgotten us, we HAVE NUKES! Hey! PAY ATTENTION TO US!!! Don't you dare to attack us! Hey! STOP IGNORING US!!! WE ARE ISSUING AN ULTIMATUM HERE!"
Old April 11, 2003, 15:52   #13
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

Quote:
Due to overwhelming support for welovetheiraqiinformationminister.com. We will be bringing it back on a brand new web server that will be dedicated to the task of serving this comical view of history's funniest straight man. This should be up in 24 hours from now.

Note: from the webmaster
The site was so popular that 4000 visitors per second showed up from around the world and overwhelmed this shared server for over 8 hours until we turned it off in self defense. It basically put a 100 other businesses out of business for a day. If we had known it was going to be this popular we would have put it on it's own server from the beginning.

What started out as a private joke to be shared by a small group of friends has turned into a hit. Check back in 24 hours or so while the internet routers figure out where the new web server is that replaces this old one. The site consists of lots of bandwidth hogging pictures and animations that you'll love once you see it on its new home server.
thats what mine has been saying all day.

my DNS server must either kick the crap out of yours, or suck a lot.
Old April 11, 2003, 15:53   #14
Velociryx
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormApolytoners Hall of FameC4DG Gathering StormThe Courts of Candle'Bre

Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	iim_gettysburg.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	42254  
The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.
Old April 11, 2003, 15:58   #15
Arrian
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Deity

Local Time: 19:31
Quote:
Now all we need is a similar site for North Korea quotes - "...in case you had forgotten us, we HAVE NUKES! Hey! PAY ATTENTION TO US!!! Don't you dare to attack us! Hey! STOP IGNORING US!!! WE ARE ISSUING AN ULTIMATUM HERE!"

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.
Old April 11, 2003, 16:04   #16
DinoDoc
Civilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Quote:
Lawyers in Awe
Lovin' it - this gentleman has achieved bullshit that transcends bullshit and becomes a thing of wonder. As a lawyer I can only stand back and watch in awe.
-- Tim Cunion
Blackwidow24 and FemmeAdonis fan club
Old April 11, 2003, 16:05   #17
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

Quote:
our troops are over there, kicking ass, taking hyphenated names
-dennis miller on the daily show
Old April 11, 2003, 16:15   #18
DinoDoc
Deity

Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	mss_black-knight.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	42255  
Old April 11, 2003, 16:17   #19
DinoDoc
Deity

One more.

Blackwidow24 and FemmeAdonis fan club
Old April 11, 2003, 16:18   #20
ixnay
Civilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Lux InvictaPtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Cake or Death?C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations Team
Emperor

This type of thing was started earlier this week on the SA forums. Look for it on the frontpage in next week's Tuesday Goldmine. Here's a sneak preview (my entry):
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	mohammedfrance.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	42256  
Old April 11, 2003, 16:22   #21
ixnay
Civilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Lux InvictaPtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Cake or Death?C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations Team
Emperor

One more.
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	yawgatog-mario.png
Views:	213
Size:	5.6 KB
ID:	42258  
Old April 11, 2003, 18:11   #22
korn469
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Andrew1999
The important question is, what card is he on?

I see a big future for the "Iraqi War Criminal Playing Cards" on eBay.
Andrew luckily (for him) he didn't make the cards, though he is still a "person of interest"

if he had of been on the cards he would have been one of the jokers lol
Old April 11, 2003, 18:27   #23
Ming
lifer
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Retired

Thanks guys for the great laughs today. While the site is funny... your additions to this thread have been even better.

I love the Super Mario one...
Old April 11, 2003, 19:11   #24
Zealot
King

Great work Ixnay! That's the spirit!
Give us more!

Hey it just hit me this idea:
How about some banners about MMS and 'Poly souveniers?
Any volunteers?
Ming?
Old April 11, 2003, 20:32   #25
The Mad Monk
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by dr. blackclove
I laughed until I cried.

http://www.kcna.co.jp/index-e.htm

Of course, it's not actually a humor site...

Quote:
Japan urged to behave itself
Pyongyang, April 10 (KCNA) -- If Japan continues going ahead with preparations for reinvasion of Korea with the help of the United States, the kingpin of state-sponsored terrorism, it will have to pay dearly for its reckless behavior, said the top official of a social organization of Korea on Wednesday. In an interview with KCNA, Rom Sun Gil, chairman of the central committee of the General Federation of Trade Unions of Korea, said:
Recently, Japanese conservatives have openly called for a preemptive attack on the Democratic People's Republic of Korea.
They, availing themselves of the U.S. hostile policy towards the DPRK, intend to retake the old position of Japan and reinvade Korea.
As soon as the United States started the military attack on Iraq, Japan set up a "headquarters of emergency measures" and has kept a close eye on the DPRK. Worse still, the Japanese conservatives say that in case "North Korea is going to launch missiles to Japan", it would not be a breach of the constitution to make an preemptive attack on the missile launching sites and that a war with North Korea would not be ruled out. They also say that before Japan is submerged in flames, it is necessary to make a preemptive attack on North Korea with the help of the United States.
Their remarks indicate that they want to repeat the holocaust Japan inflicted on Korea in the past, and establish the "Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere".
The Korean people will never forget all crimes of the blackest dye committed by Japan during more than 40 years of its military occupation of Korea.
The indiscreet behavior of Japan, which still regards the DPRK as "enemy" and refrains from the settlement of the past wrongdoings, waiting for a chance to reinvade Korea, only heightens the vigilance of the Korean people.
Japan would be well advised to behave itself with a correct understanding of the situation.
"We have tried spending money. We are spending more than we have ever spent before and it does not work...After eight years of this Administration, we have just as much unemployment as when we started... And an enormous debt to boot!" — Henry Morgenthau, Franklin Delano Roosevelt's Treasury secretary, 1941.
Old April 11, 2003, 21:10   #26
Boris Godunov
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 16:31
Yes, we MUST give this guy a Poly banner!
Old April 11, 2003, 21:56   #27
Winston
Emperor

Local Time: 01:31
While the jokes on this guy are funny, the whole thing is kind of odd - on a tragic background and all.

Reminds me a bit of the fellow with the cap and rucksack from the fake World Trade Center photo and his subsequent journey through the history of disaster...

But still, on the Mohammed stuff. Can't help it.
Old April 11, 2003, 22:00   #28
Lincoln
King

I kind of feel sorry for the guy, but there is hope that he can find employment when Dan Rather retires.
Old April 11, 2003, 22:12   #29
orange
Civilization III Democracy GameNationStatesDiplomacyApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

the Supermario one is genius

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui
Old April 11, 2003, 22:13   #30
alva
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 01:31

Be sure to read the first Apolyton thread on this guy...

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=82959