Old April 13, 2003, 12:43   #61
JohnT
lifer
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 19:31
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I can just imagine Che sitting at his computer thinking: "God, do I want to get into this?"
Old April 13, 2003, 13:51   #62
Ned
King

Local Time: 15:31
I wonder what would have happened had the hijackers let anyone who wanted to return to Cuba off the boat?

I predict the Cubans would have shelled the remainder.

However, threatening people's lives the way these folks did, even for a noble purpose, is wrong. We, should however, protest the severity of the sentence.

Rumsfeld was asked on Meet the Press about Cuba. He said that we cannot go around the world and fix all its problems.

It looks like Fidel is safe.

I think the agreement Kennedy made is still in place.
Old April 13, 2003, 13:59   #63
Master Zen
PtWDG Glory of WarApolytoners Hall of FameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin LoversC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 17:31
Quote:

However, threatening people's lives the way these folks did, even for a noble purpose, is wrong. We, should however, protest the severity of the sentence.
Ever heard of Texas? Harsh sentences are the norm in more than one part of the world... and I don't see the Cubans protesting. I find it strange why the US should protest against the domestic policies of other countries when it is hardly tolerant towards public criticism of its own.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)
Old April 13, 2003, 14:10   #64
SlowwHand
inmate
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameGameLeague
Deity

Local Time: 18:31
Not protesting? 17 jailed for dissention. What's that?

Here. I found something you and Che and whomever can listen to on your trip.
No thanks required. I take it as a given.

Old April 13, 2003, 14:25   #65
Master Zen
PtWDG Glory of WarApolytoners Hall of FameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin LoversC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by SlowwHand
Not protesting? 17 jailed for dissention. What's that?
Protesting US harsh sentences? I don't think so. Read my post and try to understand it first. It's not too hard.

Quote:

Here. I found something you and Che and whomever can listen to on your trip.
No thanks required. I take it as a given.
You know, if I actually put you in my ignore list it would make no difference since just knowing you posted would mean it was an insult/flame/provocation/or something else irrelevant.

I find it amazing how you people try to make a point when half of everything you say are just aggressive remarks. Is that because there is an overall lack of intelligent arguments from your side? I have not seen Che, GePap or myself taunt you people with stupid little pictures that have nothing to do with the argument. But go ahead, keep on doing it, the fool's on you.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Last edited by Master Zen; April 13, 2003 at 14:32.
Old April 13, 2003, 14:40   #66
DinoDoc
Civilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Master Zen
and I don't see the Cubans protesting.
I wonder what reason there could be for little public protest of a dictator. That's like saying that you don't see protests in Chile, so everything must be OK with Pinochet.
Old April 13, 2003, 14:44   #67
Master Zen
Deity

I don't think you got what I was referring to.

Ned mentioned that the US should protest the executions of the hijakers

Quote:
We, should however, protest the severity of the sentence.
by that "we" I assumed (correct me if I'm wrong) a public (i.e. government) US protest towards those executions.

I then mentioned Texas as another place where harsh sentences are given and I said that I don't hear the Cubans publically protesting that, i.e. publically interfering with the domestic affairs of another country, something that the US LOOOVES to do, but pays little attention to when it is directed at them.

Old April 13, 2003, 14:47   #68
SlowwHand
inmate
Deity

Zen, 17 jailed in Cuba, for dissention against Castro.
Can you try harder to keep up.

Another song for you.

Hit the road Jack and don't you come back no more, no more, no more, no
more.
Hit the road Jack and don't you come back no more.
more.

Woo! Woman, oh woman, don't treat me so mean,
You're the meanest old woman that I've ever seen.
I guess if you said so
I'd have to pack my things and go. (That's right)

more.

Now baby, listen baby, don't-a treat me this-a way
For I'll be back on my feet some day.

Don't care if you do 'cause it's understood
you ain't got no money you just ain't no good.

Well, I guess if you say so
I'd have to pack my things and go. (That's right)

more.

(Repeat and fade)
Don't you come back no more.

Old April 13, 2003, 14:49   #69
DinoDoc
Civilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Quote:
I don't think you got what I was referring to.
Then you should have been more clear in your phrasing.
Old April 13, 2003, 14:53   #70
Master Zen
Deity

And you still didn't get it...

Enjoy your little songs, you're only making yourself look ridiculous.

And thank the lord the mods haven't taken a look here (yet). Well, even if they did you'd probably be immune. If I had posted all you have posted I would have been banned for the rest of my existence...

Old April 13, 2003, 14:55   #71
Master Zen
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by DinoDoc
Then you should have been more clear in your phrasing.
True.

But you did get it the second time around right? Because apparently Slowwhand didn't...

Old April 13, 2003, 15:34   #72
chequita guevara
ACDG The Human HiveDiplomacyApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by SlowwHand
Che? Gone yet?
Typical anti-American.

Propaganda, I'm not wading through all that. What little I did go through as all assertion and no primary sources. Without primary sources I'm going to reject if off the top, since Stalinist apologists are among the most notorious liars in modern history. I should just as soon accept the lies of holocaust deniers.

As Stalin siad when questioned about his numerous policy turns, "Paper will put up with anything printed upon it."
Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Old April 13, 2003, 15:47   #73
Az
Emperor

Local Time: 02:31
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Go and add you contribution to the soviet economics thread, Che.
Old April 13, 2003, 15:57   #74
chequita guevara
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Azazel
Go and add you contribution to the soviet economics thread, Che.
Oh hell, it's too nice a day for this and I wanna go see Tony Bennet at the Jacksonville Jazz Fest.
Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Old April 13, 2003, 16:18   #75
chequita guevara
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Ned
Kidnapping is a capital crime in the United States. It would be pretty damned hypocitical to tell other countries they can't execute people for a crime we execute people for.
Old April 13, 2003, 16:31   #76
Ramo
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:
Hate to differ, but these hijackers threatened the lives of the people onboard the ferry.
Sure, I can see their wanting to get the hell out of Castro's hell-hole, but not that way.
Err... so are you arguing that it was right that Castro killed these people?
"Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
-Bokonon
Old April 13, 2003, 16:35   #77
JohnT
lifer
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

" Is that because there is an overall lack of intelligent arguments from your side? I have not seen Che, GePap or myself taunt you people with stupid little pictures that have nothing to do with the argument. "

Zen, don't give me that BS. I've been here for four years now and I can attest that the bigotry, ad hominem attacks and other "taunts" flow both ways quite nicely, thank you.
Old April 13, 2003, 16:46   #78
Master Zen
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by JohnT

Zen, don't give me that BS. I've been here for four years now and I can attest that the bigotry, ad hominem attacks and other "taunts" flow both ways quite nicely, thank you.
Well I can't agree looking at the last couple of political threads these weeks. Taunting the arguments is one thing, I don't mind it as I have done very often myself, but taunting the people in such a blatant way is another, and in this respect it has been very one-sided

Old April 13, 2003, 16:52   #79
JohnT
lifer
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Really? I might suggest that you look at HolyWarriors thread "neener, neener, neener." The ad hominems flew thick and furious in that one.
Old April 13, 2003, 17:05   #80
SlowwHand
inmate
Deity

Can someone cite the Immigration statistics into Cuba?

Or China?
Or North Korea?
Or Russia?

O0ops. Can't forget Chile. That was the shining star of example, wasn't it?

Anyone? Anyone?

No. I wouldn't think so.

BTW. That is an excellent song. Just because you can't expand your realm of knowledge, don't blame me.
Old April 13, 2003, 17:18   #81
Master Zen
Deity

And your point is???

Old April 13, 2003, 18:31   #82
WRangler Rhymer
Warlord

Local Time: 23:31
Quote:

First of all I HAVE been to Cuba, in fact I was there exactly one year ago and I am the first to recognize that Cubans live in poverty and it is not as wretched as you picture it, at least they are not dying of hunger as in other places.

As for education, all the taxi drivers (which btw many drove Mercedes) I spoke to had a college degrees.As for your spelling, well, just check out the bolds...

In China they are not "slowly turning away from Communism", you apparently don't know much about the world but you are quick to insult others. There are few "special economic zones" like Shanghai and Hong Kong" which are semi-capitalist, but the rest of the Country, and I MEAN THE REST live in a brutal communist state and most people do not have access to the advantages that these few privileged zones have. One can even argue that a similar zone exists in Cuba in the turism sector, in places like Varadero. BTW most special zones in China cater to the wealthy foreigners too...

BTW, 2 insults directed at me in the same post, that's a record...stooping low has reached new heights
Do not talk to me about not knowing anything. It is called typos not spelling imbicile. You are the Mexican that loves communism, obviously by your posts. I don't give credit to anything you say. Obviously your country has rotten news and does not deal with the truth. Like i said I have pictures of all over Cuba of people that I know there. You are the one trying to insult me, I was not even talking to you in the first place. You can and insulted me by saying I can't spell and I know nothing of my country of orgin. You stupid dork, you dont deal in fact you deal in Communistic PROPAGANDA! I know lots of people in Cuba you know NO ONE. So I would reconsidered the crap you spew from you head. You dont know how to spell either look at the bold. So I would reconsider the crap you say. As for insult you were the first to utter them. Need I go ON! As for China you are wrong and time will prove you wrong. China does have a Capitalist Economy, learn the way things really are not what you think up in your head, and learn grammar too.
Old April 13, 2003, 19:45   #83
Master Zen
Deity

I'm not saying I can type perfectly, you are the one insulting Cuban education, I've had more typos than hair on my head and I admit it.

Now just because people contradict you then they have rotten news... nice way to get off the hook, I guess all of our non-US countries have manipulated news and everything we see are lies. The only truth then must be what's shown on Fox News right? Sure...

So, I'll try and forget the insults which YOU have been blurting out and ask you nice and politely to prove to me China has a capitalist economy.

FYI: I'm not a commie, although I'm sure that's what you call anyone who doesn't fall in line with your point of view.

Old April 13, 2003, 20:17   #84
WRangler Rhymer
Warlord

Local Time: 23:31
What the hell are you talking about now??? Who the hell are you??? Why the hell would I insult Cuban education, seeing that I COME FROM CUBA. IT IS COUNTRY OF ORIGIN. Why can't you understand that. As for the rest of the stuff you are talking about I never said that, so I don't know what the hell you are talking about. You are a nut case, and I did not insult you first you insulted me first need I show you your own quote.
Old April 13, 2003, 20:26   #85
Master Zen
Deity

Tell me then how China has a capitalist economy... that is all I ask.

Old April 13, 2003, 20:32   #86
SlowwHand
inmate
Deity

Bad news.

I just spent hours on the phone with Fidel.

My offer:
Che, GePap, and Zen for a box of cigars and a pitcher to be named later.

DE-clined. Unpack. Sorry, guys. I did my best.
Old April 13, 2003, 20:38   #87
Propaganda
Warlord

Local Time: 16:31
Quote:
Originally posted by chegitz guevara

Propaganda, I'm not wading through all that. What little I did go through as all assertion and no primary sources. Without primary sources I'm going to reject if off the top, since Stalinist apologists are among the most notorious liars in modern history. I should just as soon accept the lies of holocaust deniers.

Typical. I provided information and you ignore it because of lack of time(yet, you somehow have the time to read Trotsky's material? ). For Stalin's Letters to Molotov, the documents are located in the 'Russian Centre for the Preservation and Study of Documents of Recent History in: fond 558, opis 1, delo 5388. I'll even provide a phone number. As for Lenin's sister's "testimony", you can find it in any Marxist archive on the web.

The rest of your post is not necessary to respond to.

As Stalin siad when questioned about his numerous policy turns, "Paper will put up with anything printed upon it."

che, just as Stalin supposedly said, "One death is a tragegy, a million deaths is a statistic"(which BTW, came out of Ukranian play in the 80s, parodying Stalin).
Old April 14, 2003, 13:16   #88
chequita guevara
Emperor

Dude, you need to learn how to post between quotes. The difference between what I posted and what you posted was about 5000 lines. I try and keep my posts short enough to be read. If I wanna read a book, I'll go read a book.
Old April 14, 2003, 13:21   #89
SlowwHand
inmate
Deity

Ain't it the truth?

Concise. Brief. To the point.

See? Even a no-good stinking Commie knows that much.
Old April 14, 2003, 13:48   #90
SlowwHand
inmate
Deity

Oh, MAN!

I don't know what took me so long, but Che, I have the proof you're a "Closet Capitalist".
Unless you want me to "out you", here's my demand.

You MUST start a thread titled,
"Sloww Is Cool, and I Eat Worms".

Unless you feel like gambling.