Old April 16, 2003, 17:05   #61
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 01:32
Local Date: November 2, 2010
hi ,

and how do we as players get the warranty that those reaeased codes are not going to stuck us with a tangled and twisted AI that is worth zip , ......

have a nice day

edit ; typo

Last edited by Panag; April 18, 2003 at 11:56.
Old April 16, 2003, 17:46   #62
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

We don't have any warranty. But as any open source project, a respectable source often compiles the best code to make the product even better quality.
Old April 18, 2003, 11:56   #63
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Spiffor
We don't have any warranty. But as any open source project, a respectable source often compiles the best code to make the product even better quality.
hi ,

agreed , but then it should be done in a type of joint venture with Firaxis , ......

if the people who can improve the game could work together with Firaxis in one way or the other , that would be great , but individual writers and all , ... thats asking for problems , ....

have a nice day
Old April 19, 2003, 21:40   #64
SpydraXxX
Chieftain

Local Time: 23:32
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Thought of something else;

While the strategy of clicking both "only foot""only Air"
is good for stopping unwanted aircraft from landing on carriers, a good thing, there is a BIG draw back!

Once you highlight those options, you prevent a unit from actually carrying anything. Simply put, You must leave out a vital sea unit and misuse others. The Amphibious Assault Ship carries: Helicopters, troops, mechanized transports, hovercrafts, herriers jets, not to mention then the units on the transports!

Point being, a transport can not traverse the open ocean. It needs something to get it there. And while unable to load a unit onto another unit while carrying units, you get a MAJOR flaw.

Now, you travel the ocean in transports, and what of a hovercraft? In the ocean? Hmmmm...

I must say however, that I have not put this to the test, I've only begun building my units for this action, I read it in another post. But I don't see how it can work. If there is a way, I want to find it. If not, and that problem hasn't already been addressed with ptw, then I think that it should be in the future.

Just a thought....
Old April 20, 2003, 06:28   #65
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by SpydraXxX
Thought of something else;

While the strategy of clicking both "only foot""only Air"
is good for stopping unwanted aircraft from landing on carriers, a good thing, there is a BIG draw back!

Once you highlight those options, you prevent a unit from actually carrying anything. Simply put, You must leave out a vital sea unit and misuse others. The Amphibious Assault Ship carries: Helicopters, troops, mechanized transports, hovercrafts, herriers jets, not to mention then the units on the transports!

Point being, a transport can not traverse the open ocean. It needs something to get it there. And while unable to load a unit onto another unit while carrying units, you get a MAJOR flaw.

Now, you travel the ocean in transports, and what of a hovercraft? In the ocean? Hmmmm...

I must say however, that I have not put this to the test, I've only begun building my units for this action, I read it in another post. But I don't see how it can work. If there is a way, I want to find it. If not, and that problem hasn't already been addressed with ptw, then I think that it should be in the future.

Just a thought....

hi ,

, a while ago i gave a whole bunch of info on carriers , assault ships , etc , .....

try this ; http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hlight=carrier

enjoy , and if you need more info or have Q's , just ask

have a nice day
Old April 25, 2003, 14:45   #66
SpydraXxX
Chieftain

Local Time: 23:32
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Ya, you collected some data for sure, but you still can't use the ships the right way in the game. The assault ship is multi-versitile and and not accounted for in the game. I realized a game won't be able to cover every aspect of real life, and I do think they did a great job, I just think that IF they are thinking about putting out a 4th issue, maybe it wouldn't be all that bad an idea to make a more open interface between units and their abilites, leaving the options to us as to whether a unit can accually carry both air and foot units. Also, have a flag then for a unit to rebase either on a carrier or city or both. If all they did was to add that option, it would free up alot of flag adding to stop this or add that from happening.
Old April 25, 2003, 17:22   #67
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by SpydraXxX
Ya, you collected some data for sure, but you still can't use the ships the right way in the game. The assault ship is multi-versitile and and not accounted for in the game. I realized a game won't be able to cover every aspect of real life, and I do think they did a great job, I just think that IF they are thinking about putting out a 4th issue, maybe it wouldn't be all that bad an idea to make a more open interface between units and their abilites, leaving the options to us as to whether a unit can accually carry both air and foot units. Also, have a flag then for a unit to rebase either on a carrier or city or both. If all they did was to add that option, it would free up alot of flag adding to stop this or add that from happening.
hi ,

well who knows , maybe with the next XP , ...

have a nice day