Old May 11, 2003, 23:22   #271
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 16:33
Local Date: November 1, 2010
You've read my mind ET!
Old May 11, 2003, 23:34   #272
Master Zen
PtWDG Glory of WarApolytoners Hall of FameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin LoversC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 17:33
Trip, now that we are not going to use the scenario you were making, please rufund GoW it's bribe to get 50 Modern Armors to start with.

Thank you.

-MZ

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)
Old May 11, 2003, 23:42   #273
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

Local Time: 19:33
I could still change the game save...
Old May 11, 2003, 23:47   #274
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Shhh! Aren't you supposed to keep that little tid bit of infomation under the table Master Zen?!
Old May 12, 2003, 00:47   #275
Master Zen
PtWDG Glory of WarApolytoners Hall of FameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin LoversC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Well, now that I foolishly leaked the info, please remove their flags and make them invisible. They'll never know what hit 'em!

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)
Old May 12, 2003, 08:59   #276
nbarclay
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Not to take too much away from NYE's and Trip's detective work, but I posted the following back on the fourth:

Quote:
How many turns has it been since the war between Vox and the GoW/ND alliance ended? I'm wondering if there's any chance the expiration of a peace treaty connected with that might be involved.
Unfortunately, I couldn't investigate the hypothesis myself, and apparently, the people who did have access to the save never pursued my suggestion (or at least didn't pursue it far enough). So while I'm very pleased that NYE and Trip found the problem, it's a tad annoying hearing them get so much praise when I'd guessed at the cause as a possibility days earlier.

Nathan
Old May 12, 2003, 09:31   #277
nbarclay
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

By the way, is there a peace treaty between Vox and ND that will also require some fiddling in the near future?
Old May 12, 2003, 10:05   #278
lmtoops
PtWDG LegolandCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMCiv4 SP Democracy Game
King

Quote:
Originally posted by nbarclay
Not to take too much away from NYE's and Trip's detective work, but I posted the following back on the fourth:

Unfortunately, I couldn't investigate the hypothesis myself, and apparently, the people who did have access to the save never pursued my suggestion (or at least didn't pursue it far enough). So while I'm very pleased that NYE and Trip found the problem, it's a tad annoying hearing them get so much praise when I'd guessed at the cause as a possibility days earlier.

Nathan
Never mistake Good Thought for Action!!

Trip and NYE deserve the credit.
Old May 12, 2003, 14:55   #279
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

OK - I am back and playing the turn. Not sure if we have an issue or not.

The Glorious War Monger shows up first in the diplomatic screen. It says they have accepted our offer - but we have not accepted.

But - there is nothing in the agreement box. It is blank.

I accept anyway - and the only thing I can still offer to GoW is a peace treaty. And the leader head screen (F4) still shows us at war.

Is this what we expected to happen? I will finish the turn anyway - but I was expecting to be accepting a peace treaty.

Trip? nye? vondrack? Please advise.
Old May 12, 2003, 16:16   #280
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Put peace on the table. Click accept. Send.

That should do it.
Old May 12, 2003, 16:18   #281
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Do the same for any other teams you may have made peace with 20 turns ago.
Old May 12, 2003, 16:18   #282
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by notyoueither
Put peace on the table. Click accept. Send.

That should do it.
That's what I did, although we were already at peace.
Old May 12, 2003, 17:52   #283
vondrack
lifer
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMPtWDG Legoland
Emperor

Local Time: 00:33
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Whatever whoever did, it worked.

I just played 570BC Legoland turn and forwarded the save to Gathering Storm.
Old May 12, 2003, 17:55   #284
BigFree
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG CalysiumBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Deity

Old May 12, 2003, 18:45   #285
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

... Happy days are here again..
Old May 12, 2003, 18:51   #286
Beta
lifer
Deity

Although I did not do the peace offer from our end. Do you want me to replay - just to be sure????? Or is the fact that it is working now good enough? Please let me know. Lego has already moved the game on to GS.
Old May 13, 2003, 03:20   #287
[DG]mav_son
PtWDG Neu Demogyptica
Chieftain

Local Time: 23:33
..and do we have to offer peace to Lux?
Old May 13, 2003, 03:27   #288
Darekill
PtWDG2 Monty PythonC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Neu Demogyptica
Prince

dont punch the poor Trip again Mav_son. Think of what he has done for us all. I'm sad that Lux was in our way...
However it is only a game isn't it?
Old May 13, 2003, 05:18   #289
[DG]mav_son
PtWDG Neu Demogyptica
Chieftain

Local Time: 23:33
We all love Trip for what he has done to rescue the game!

But I had to post it...
Old May 14, 2003, 01:54   #290
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 01:33
What's keeping ND?
- Phantom of the Opera
Old May 14, 2003, 02:03   #291
Darekill
Prince

If i only knew.....

Mav_son was supposed to play but i have'nt heard from him since yesterday in this post.

I could play our turn but i'm at work right now and can only do it in the afternoon about 10hours.....

I've PM'ed Mav_Son, Borc and Zerialienguru who could do it too but i have no response so far
Old May 14, 2003, 08:51   #292
vulture
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC4DG Gathering Storm
King

How long is it until we're allowed to beat Neu Demogyptica to death with lead-lined bananas for taking too long?
Old May 14, 2003, 09:55   #293
Darekill
Prince

As i can see in our private Forum Borc has played the Turn several hours ago, he just forgott to post it here but GOW is holding the save now....

Please don't throw with bananas use Sauerkraut instead
Old May 14, 2003, 10:00   #294
BigFree
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG CalysiumBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Deity

Should we hold the mustard too?

Thanks for the report, now lets get this show on the road.
Old May 14, 2003, 10:15   #295
Darekill
Prince

Mustard to Sauerkraut??? No, thank you give me mashed Potatoes instead that tastes realy fine.
Old May 14, 2003, 10:32   #296
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Borc sent me the Gathering Storm save that was sent to ND, not the ND save.

Sauerkraut

Mashed Potatoes

(Any potato based food for that matter)

Last edited by GhengisFarb™; May 14, 2003 at 10:41.
Old May 14, 2003, 11:45   #297
Darekill
Prince

Well it is not like i never made that mistake but this time it wasn't me.....
I send you the right turn now.
Old May 15, 2003, 20:49   #298
vondrack
lifer
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMPtWDG Legoland
Emperor

ND apparently forgot to use the same workaround to renegotiate peace with Voxes as GoW on the previous turn... game crashes again on our turn. I get a message informing me that Vox Controli declared war on Neu Demogyptica and then the thing dies.

BetaHound, would you try replaying your turn, doing something about your war/peace relation to ND? It may help - if not, we will have to replay from ND...

Last edited by vondrack; May 16, 2003 at 03:06.
Old May 15, 2003, 21:11   #299
notyoueither
Deity

Vox should be able to fix it by renegotiating.

Put peace on the table, click accept, click send.
Old May 16, 2003, 01:24   #300
Darekill
Prince

Guilty!
We forgot about that. We are a little in a mess here in Neu Demogyptica since our Governor is lost somewhere and we can not find him...

If need be i could replay the turn and think about renegotiation but i have to go home first and that will be in about ten hours.