Darekill
PtWDG2 Monty PythonC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Neu Demogyptica
Prince

Local Time: 00:34
Local Date: November 2, 2010
I'm waiting.....
Old August 27, 2003, 12:45   #422
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 17:34
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Sorry, Darekill. I needed to get onto Poly last night to do the turn. I could not get back on.

It will not be much longer.
Old September 3, 2003, 13:38   #423
Darekill
PtWDG2 Monty PythonC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Neu Demogyptica
Prince

What good reason is this time the one for the obligatorial delay?
Old September 3, 2003, 13:45   #424
ZargonX
PtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 MorganC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy GameApolyCon 06 ParticipantsBtS Tri-LeagueApolyton UniversityPtWDG2 TabemonoC4WDG Huygen's Union
Emperor

Local Time: 19:34
Yes... this is well beyond the 24-hour mark now...
Old September 3, 2003, 16:29   #425
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

I am sorry the turn has not been passed. I will get it done and gone as soon as I can get home from work. I can very likely get out early.
Old September 3, 2003, 17:50   #426
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 18:34
No problem nye, I understand that getting orders and everybody together on these orders and actually playing takes time, after all we do all have real life or at least i've been told such a thing exist.
Aggie
Old September 9, 2003, 10:06   #427
Zayxus
PtWDG Neu Demogyptica
Warlord

Turn-leader Darekill is offline for many weeks by real-life reasons.

I did turn 230 AD. But I wait a while of others responses.
Old September 10, 2003, 23:23   #428
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

We are having a little problem with getting orders(due to RL i suspect). I'll wait no later than tomorow morning though before playing. So it should be sent early tomorrow. I apologize for any inconvienience.
Aggie
Old September 23, 2003, 10:17   #429
[DG]mav_son
PtWDG Neu Demogyptica
Chieftain

Local Time: 23:34

....GS, are You sleeping??
Old September 23, 2003, 10:25   #430
Tiberius
PtWDG LegolandCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 01:34
I understand when a team has problems and can't play the save in 24 hours. But not even in 48 hours ?!
--Woody Allen
Old September 23, 2003, 10:36   #431
Panzer32
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC4DG VoxInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshinePtWDG2 Monty PythonPtWDG2 MonkeyPtWDG2 Latin LoversPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Glory of War
Emperor

They are polling about whether to switch the workforce from tile 5 to 7 in Hurricane
Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
---------
May God Bless.
Old September 23, 2003, 19:11   #432
Hot_Enamel
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 10:34
They have to provide orders for both themselves & their vassal.

24hours x 2 = 48hours ... so they are not overly late really
Old September 23, 2003, 19:34   #433
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

There's a reason why they're taking so long so quit complaining.
Old September 23, 2003, 19:48   #434
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Trip
There's a reason why they're taking so long so quit complaining.
I don't like the sounds of that, surely if they have finally decided to wipe out the GoW ND forces it wouldn't be taking this long. We don't have that many units to be wiped.
Old September 23, 2003, 19:52   #435
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta

Quote:
Originally posted by GhengisFarb
I don't like the sounds of that, surely if they have finally decided to wipe out the GoW ND forces it wouldn't be taking this long. We don't have that many units to be wiped.
Actually, (since you love to do so) you can just blame it on PTW.
Old September 23, 2003, 19:53   #436
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Trip

Actually, (since you love to do so) you can just blame it on PTW.
Its software related problems? Sheesh, not again.
Old September 23, 2003, 19:55   #437
Jon Shafer

Quote:
Originally posted by GhengisFarb
Its software related problems? Sheesh, not again.
You win the golden Spearman award!
Old September 23, 2003, 20:46   #438
ZargonX
PtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 MorganC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy GameApolyCon 06 ParticipantsBtS Tri-LeagueApolyton UniversityPtWDG2 TabemonoC4WDG Huygen's Union
Emperor

Well, if they're having a software problem, they really ought to tell everybody so we don't just sit here complaining about them holding the save with no reason
Old September 23, 2003, 20:51   #439
Hot_Enamel
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Can GS please confirm if it is a software problem.
And why they have decided to not let anyone know.
Old September 23, 2003, 21:23   #440
Sharpe
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Hmm, has it been 20 turns since GS and Vox made peace perhaps? That problem certainly gave us enough trouble with the Vox-Bob "War" last time didn't it?
Old September 23, 2003, 21:29   #441
Aggie
King

I hope we don't have to replay the last few turns. I don't honestly know what moves we made each turn. Trip are we talking minor glitch or are we talking "time to consider going on".
Aggie
Old September 23, 2003, 21:36   #442
Jon Shafer

It's a minor (but significant for GS for this turn) glitch, which shouldn't cause any major problems like the last time we had to stop the game for two weeks...
Old September 23, 2003, 22:09   #443
Hot_Enamel
Emperor

That doesnt sound like a PTW problem...it sounds like they are having dificulty in making required trades within the limited options of the game.
eg not being able to declare war to stop a trade.

That is not what I would define as a software problem.
Old September 23, 2003, 22:23   #444
notyoueither
Deity

Apologies. We have discovered a bug within PTW which made it impossible for an alternate player for GS to complete the turn earlier today (much) when he was available and to do so within the spirit of the rules for this game. More details will come later.

For now... I will get the turn done ASAP. I have something I have to tend to IRL, and then I will do the turn. It will be there when they awake in Germany (unless they get up reaaaaaaalllllyyyy early).
Old September 23, 2003, 23:22   #445
Master Zen
PtWDG Glory of WarApolytoners Hall of FameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin LoversC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

methinks it's the "catapults switching sides" bug

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)
Old September 23, 2003, 23:42   #446
notyoueither
Deity

You edited. And here I had a witty retort to what you first posted.

We did find a different sort of bug though. When Sir Ralph tried to resume the turn from what I had done, he was getting different (better) results from what I got. It took him a bit to find out why, and by then he had no more time. We are now aware of the problem, and so we should make everyone else aware also.

When you change builds when the city production pop up comes at the beginning of the turn, you can consume rng values. IOW, you can get different results during combat based on what you do in the production phase.

What is really strange is that I checked into the ISDG forum before going to the GS forum. So, I already spent an hour confirming the bug with wonder initiation when I discovered that Sir Ralph had found it too with the GS save. I am not sure what he did yet, but we will let you know when we have compared notes.
Old September 24, 2003, 00:12   #447
Master Zen
PtWDG Glory of WarApolytoners Hall of FameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin LoversC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

RNG also gets whacked when you do diplomatic deals in SP. Don't know if it's the same in MP. In fact, pretty much everything screws up the RNG so if anyone tries to duplicate a play, do it in the same order too.

and my original post was:

methinks it's the "units are disappearing" bug

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)
Old September 24, 2003, 00:16   #448
Aggie
King

Your honesty is appreciated Nye.
Aggie
Old September 24, 2003, 07:58   #449
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Aggie
Your honesty is appreciated Nye.
Yup!
Old September 24, 2003, 09:22   #450
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Master Zen
and my original post was:

methinks it's the "units are disappearing" bug
Then why don't you correct it? Did somebody modify your post without your permission? Is the edit button disable on your browser?