Old April 16, 2003, 02:16   #31
alva
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 01:33
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Wittlich
Well, that might be hard to do - the worker in question has since been put to good use for "The One."
They are just coming to get his remains , if they don't, we will

pfff, as if enslaving him is not enough, you just had to go and kill him ey...
Old April 16, 2003, 06:53   #32
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Local Time: 19:33
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Where is the save? Still with NeuD?
Old April 16, 2003, 07:37   #33
Darekill
PtWDG2 Monty PythonC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Neu Demogyptica
Prince

Local Time: 00:33
The save is save in the hands of our governor!
He will keep it save there another 5 hours from now on.
Sorry about the delay boys, but ND was always quick with responding the save but this time it'll last a little longer.
Old April 16, 2003, 08:06   #34
Tiberius
PtWDG LegolandCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Why? You've sent it once already (well, with the wrong attachment, but I suppose the decisions were taken, otherwise why would you have sent it?). Something happened in the meantime?
--Woody Allen
Old April 16, 2003, 08:07   #35
vondrack
lifer
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMPtWDG Legoland
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Tiberius
Hey, that's Vondrack digging in the Pyramid, I recognize him! So the gossip is true, the Pyramids were created to serve as his tomb.
Yeah, ya know me... always planning ahead... but no worries, I'm not leaving ya any time soon.
Old April 16, 2003, 09:19   #36
Darekill
PtWDG2 Monty PythonC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Neu Demogyptica
Prince

No, but the save is on the harddisk of Mav-son and i don't know exactly what he has done plus i do not have the game ready here (i'm at work).
Old April 16, 2003, 11:40   #37
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 16:33
Ah, understand Darekill.
Old April 16, 2003, 11:45   #38
[DG]mav_son
PtWDG Neu Demogyptica
Chieftain

Local Time: 23:33
Sorry, my mistake!

I played the turn and sent the wrong save to GoW. Unfortunately I don't have civ installed on my working pc, so I couldn't send the correct save earlier.
Old April 17, 2003, 22:15   #39
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Old April 17, 2003, 23:21   #40
ZargonX
PtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 MorganC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy GameApolyCon 06 ParticipantsBtS Tri-LeagueApolyton UniversityPtWDG2 TabemonoC4WDG Huygen's Union
Emperor

24 hour mark fast approaching...
Old April 17, 2003, 23:24   #41
asleepathewheel
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Local Time: 18:33
Unfortunately the downtime poly experienced this afternoon affected our efforts to complete the turn. It will be out shortly.
Old April 17, 2003, 23:28   #42
Theseus
PtWDG Gathering StormApolyton UniversityApolytoners Hall of FameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG Gathering StormApolyCon 06 Participants
Emperor

Location: The warmonger formerly known as rpodos. Gathering Storm!
We of GS have a bit of an issue...

The downtime at Apolyton today occurred during an, hmm, interesting period, which unfortunately was during our turn, and negatively impacted our ability to determine our next actions.

As far as we have been able to ascertain, the downtime was just under 4 hours.

We would like a turn extension... In the interest of fairness, we leave the term of such extension entirely in the discretion of the One Voice of Vox.
The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.
Old April 18, 2003, 08:56   #43
alva
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

OT;

How much power do some of you have here? Ming closed the other tread, but it's still topped.
Old April 18, 2003, 09:22   #44
OliverFA
PtWDG RoleplaySpanish CiversInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStatesCiv4 SP Democracy Game
King

Replaced by thw post below

Last edited by OliverFA; April 18, 2003 at 09:28.
Old April 18, 2003, 09:23   #45
Beta
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Theseus
We would like a turn extension... In the interest of fairness, we leave the term of such extension entirely in the discretion of the One Voice of Vox.
Theseus - it is not a problem with us. I have been poking at your slow play - half in jest - and half in a hope to speed the game up - not just for Vox, but for all teams.

The game has come to a slow crawl. GS is taking almost 24 hours to play their turn alone. If the time counter was still active - I expect you would be getting low on time. There are going to be more unexpected events that come up for all teams in the future. And yes - technical hiccups do play their part.

But there is a lot of time between turns to discuss strategy. And part of the challenge and fun of the MP team game is that you should not have a limitless amount of time to decide on things.

Perhaps most importantly, for the game to be fun for all, it has to have a pace and flow - it keeps people engaged in the game, the debates, the trash-talking. I have noticed both in our forum as well as in the public forum, a marked decline in interest lately. And that can be directly related to the current pace of the game.

So - you do not need our approval to go over the time limit. I would just ask that you consider trying to speed up play. Please and thanks.
Old April 18, 2003, 09:28   #46
OliverFA
PtWDG RoleplaySpanish CiversInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStatesCiv4 SP Democracy Game
King

In exceptional events like this one of Apolyton not working for 4 hours I think it's ok to extend the 24 hour limit. However, this is one of the few cases in which I agree with that.

I am not against GS or any other team, but Beta is right when he says that the game as a whole is suffering from turns being delayed so often and could cause a loss of interest. So I would also please demand that everyone made an effort to speed things up a bit. I'm the first that won't agree to play every turn in just 1 hour, but we could find a good middle point between those two sides.
Old April 18, 2003, 09:55   #47
alva
Deity

We acknowledge to the fact that we have been slow to say the least the last couple of turns. We will really do our best to make sure we will play faster (debating, polling etc. will be just as slow, but Nathan will move the units faster ).

Seriously, we'll do our best.
Old April 18, 2003, 12:40   #48
nbarclay
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Local Time: 17:33
If other teams were as slow as we are, we'd be able to get more planning done between turns.

Seriously, we've been caught very much by surprise, not just at Vox's choice to attack us but at how big Vox's forces are turning out to be. And while we definitely like our prospects for eventual victory, our current force levels force us into some tricky choices. That is further complicated by the fact that we don't know from one turn to the next what Vox's next moves will be or what additional reinforcements will show up.

In theory, we could spend the time between turns doing contingency planning for the various moves Vox might make, and we do in fact do a certain amount of that. But if we spend all our available time during our turns on the game, and all our available time between turns on the game, when do we get to have time for anything else?

I'm hoping that before long, things will reach a point where it is less difficult to figure out what our best moves are, or at least less critical that we make the best choices possible. Then things should speed up considerably for us, at least most of the time. But the last few turns, we've had some pretty tough decisions to make, and even the time between turns plus 24 hours (less work and sleep) for the turn itself hasn't always been enough to reach a genuine consensus.

Nathan

Last edited by nbarclay; April 18, 2003 at 15:30.
Old April 18, 2003, 14:46   #49
Beta
lifer
Deity

Understood.

Vox is only trying to keep the game interesting. And it only gets better.
Old April 19, 2003, 05:33   #50
Tiberius
PtWDG LegolandCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

For Vox: I'm sure Vondrack has announced you, but just to be sure:

Please send the saves for Legoland in the next few days (until Vondrack returns) to the following address, too.

tibi.k(at)xnet(dot)ro
--Woody Allen
Old April 19, 2003, 09:00   #51
Tiberius
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by BetaHound
Sent to Tiberius of Lego.
Beta, are you sure you've sent it to the right address? I didn't get it yet.

Here's an alternative address, if for some strange reason you can't send it to the first one:
tibi_k(at)email(dot)com
--Woody Allen
Old April 19, 2003, 11:04   #52
asleepathewheel
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Old April 19, 2003, 11:12   #53
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

I don't think we're in any position to complain.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old April 19, 2003, 11:13   #54
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Beta mentioned in our private forum that he was leaving town for the day...so he will probably not get your message Tiberius until tomorrow.
Old April 19, 2003, 11:14   #55
asleepathewheel
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Shiber

I don't think we're in any position to complain.
Old April 19, 2003, 11:18   #56
alva
Deity

Quote:
Beta mentioned in our private forum that he was leaving town for the day...so he will probably not get your message Tiberius until tomorrow.
That means you would break the 24 hour rule, wouldn't ?
[nelson]
Héhé
[/nelson]

but alot of too
Old April 19, 2003, 11:30   #57
Tiberius
Emperor

Quote:
Could perhaps someone else from Vox send it?
--Woody Allen
Old April 20, 2003, 02:46   #58
Wittlich
lifer
Deity

Alas, I wish I could Tiberius, but Beta - being the master mind that he is - performed quite a few masterful moves on our last turn....and I don't believe that I, or anyone else on our team can replicate them like he did.

Besides, shouldn't the blame for the hold-up go to your team? After all, if you've had valid email address(es) we wouldn't be in the current hold up now would we? Don't get me wrong, I'm not pointing fingers...just restating the facts as they are.
Old April 20, 2003, 06:17   #59
Tiberius
Emperor

Huh? My email address is very valid. I'm involved in many PBEM games and I'm happily sending and receiving several civ saves per day.

I don't blame anyone and I expect the same things from others. It's just an unfortunate incident.

Happy Easter to everyone
--Woody Allen
Old April 20, 2003, 16:51   #60
Beta
lifer
Deity

Hello - I'm back. Very sorry guys. My "sent" messages shows the save as leaving at 7:39 edt yesterday morning. Sorry it did not make it out from my end or in at yours.

Resending now.