Old May 3, 2003, 19:49   #151
Sharpe
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 19:33
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Who are the actives on your team that have PTW Betahound?

We can then alert them if we see them online and you aren't online.
Old May 3, 2003, 19:55   #152
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

I have contact Knoquest02, forwarded the save right from my-email inbox, and have made arrangements so he can play the same turn.

(after 4 go's at it - we just might take a GS city. )
Old May 3, 2003, 21:02   #153
nbarclay
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Local Time: 17:33
570 BC replayed and sent to Neu Demogyptica. We don't have a log of the exact moves, but my memory, the discussion in the turn thread, and checking against the end-of-turn screenshot combine to give me a solid basis for recreating the turn.
Old May 3, 2003, 21:15   #154
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Ok. And I am approaching it from the other end. I had Togas resend - but not replay his last turn. I replayed on my old installation, and have sent it to vondrack, Sharpe, ZargonX, and Kloreep. Can one of you give it a try and see what happens, please.
Old May 3, 2003, 21:50   #155
Sharpe
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Tried the Togas-Beta save - still crashed unfortunately.
Old May 3, 2003, 22:40   #156
asleepathewheel
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Local Time: 18:33
It is with regrets that I tell you the following.

I thought that the way we were looking for the save game problem was not going fast enough. Therefore I opened the save using the load cheat. I understand that this means my expulsion from GS and the game. I will have little time for it in the near future anyway and thought I could do something to help you guys out before I go.

Anyway, my expulsion is not the bad news....

I first loaded the most recent turn, 570 BC. errored out at lego turn.

Then I loaded up 590 turn. errored out

The I tried the earlies save I had, 710 BC.

Errored out when the Lego turn came at 570 BC.

There was an in-game message that occurred each time, but I will pm the player of the team so as not to spill any secrets.
If not, then I will post what I saw. So please one of you (mysterious eh ) check your pms.

I ask a brief time where I can post a message or two on the GS board.

Again, my apologies, I hope I'm wrong about this, someone else can verify....

-asleepathewheel
Old May 4, 2003, 00:18   #157
asleepathewheel
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

I received a message while it simultaneously crashed that Vox declared war on ND. Without fail, from every save, that appeared.
Old May 4, 2003, 00:26   #158
BigFree
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG CalysiumBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 16:33
I reccomend having Gramphos look at the save and see if he can do anything with it. There's nothing to lose by asking or him checking; we all would trust him, right?
Old May 4, 2003, 00:31   #159
Beta
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by asleepathewheel
I received a message while it simultaneously crashed that Vox declared war on ND. Without fail, from every save, that appeared.
And I just want it to be made clear that we may be crazy, but we are not stupid.

Many thanks asleep for helping out. Sorry to hear you will be leaving. (May we please have that sniper rifle of yours?)

Also - are you implying the bug occurs earlier now - or only when you get to the 570bc Lego turn?
Old May 4, 2003, 00:36   #160
asleepathewheel
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by BetaHound
Also - are you implying the bug occurs earlier now - or only when you get to the 570bc Lego turn?
What I'm saying is that I've played through to 570 using all the saves i have, up to I think 710 and all crashed at the same point.

edit: the same point being where it crashed for the legomen
Old May 4, 2003, 01:03   #161
Beta
lifer
Deity

Understood. And ugh, not good.
Old May 4, 2003, 01:09   #162
Hot_Enamel
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 10:33
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Does it still crash using the latest patch ?
Old May 4, 2003, 01:39   #163
vondrack
lifer
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMPtWDG Legoland
Emperor

Local Time: 00:33
Ugh, this is bad. Very bad. No need for me to repeat that all four saves I got from BetaHound crash the same way for me, I guess...

But what asleepathewheel reports is scary... this looks like we've been bound to crash eventually since at least 710BC!?!? If (at least) GS isn't keeping precise turnlogs, then I don't believe it would be possible to "replay" the game since any earlier gamedate...

I believe we shall focus now on trying to "repair" the existing, latest save - perhaps Gramphos may be able to do that for us? If not, hopefully Soren could arrange something? We have ALL the saves since Turn 1, so we could send him all the data he (or someone at Firaxis) might need to track the problem down...

GS, what are your possibilities in this regard? Does Soren take active part in your team life?

EDIT: I will be AFK for the most of today, coming back home only late in my afternoon or in the evening (in like 10 hours from now).

Last edited by vondrack; May 4, 2003 at 01:45.
Old May 4, 2003, 01:43   #164
asleepathewheel
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by vondrack
Ugh, this is bad. Very bad. No need for me to repeat that all four saves I got from BetaHound crash the same way for me, I guess...

But what asleepathewheel reports is scary... this looks like we've been bound to crash eventually since at least 710BC!?!? If (at least) GS isn't keeping precise turnlogs, then I don't believe it would be possible to "replay" the game since any earlier gamedate...

I believe we shall focus now on trying to "repair" the existing, latest save - perhaps Gramphos may be able to do that for us? If not, hopefully Soren could arrange something? We have ALL the saves since Turn 1, so we could send him all the data he (or someone at Firaxis) might need to track the problem down...

GS, what are your possibilities in this regard? Does Soren take active part in your team life?
Perhaps someone could repeat my tests, but I would hate to see someone else out of the game.

Soren doesn't participate at all in our forum, probably one or two posts total, but I think there are ways to get them a save to look at, I'm sure NYE knows how.
Old May 4, 2003, 01:52   #165
nbarclay
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

If it crashes claiming that Vox declared war on ND, what happens if Vox declares war on ND earlier? I'm wondering if we might be able to work around the bug with a phoney war.
Old May 4, 2003, 02:05   #166
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

I ask that Vox please send me the most current save and PM their password, and that Legoland PM me their password as well. I'll see if I can do anything.
Old May 4, 2003, 02:12   #167
BigFree
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG CalysiumBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 16:33
Did someone have a gpt deal run out on this turn or started one; causing their treasury to go in the red on this turn. Look at what deals were made 20 turns ago that would expire now; that may lend a clue.
Old May 4, 2003, 02:16   #168
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

If Lego sends me the effected save, I will shine the Bat Light and see if I can get the attention of those who are in a position to help.

PS. Stick your password in a text file and zip them up. I will not open the zip file, but those who are in a position to help will want it most likely.

Flagging down Gramphos can't hurt either.
Old May 4, 2003, 02:17   #169
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by BigFree
Did someone have a gpt deal run out on this turn or started one; causing their treasury to go in the red on this turn. Look at what deals were made 20 turns ago that would expire now; that may lend a clue.
Good suggestion, BF!

Does anyone have a gpt deal and not enough gold to cover?
Old May 4, 2003, 02:25   #170
vondrack
lifer
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMPtWDG Legoland
Emperor

Local Time: 00:33
Quote:
Originally posted by notyoueither
If Lego sends me the effected save, I will shine the Bat Light and see if I can get the attention of those who are in a position to help.

PS. Stick your password in a text file and zip them up. I will not open the zip file, but those who are in a position to help will want it most likely.
Savegame sent to nye as suggested, password in a separate text file, both zipped into a single file. Thanks, nye.

Legoland has no gpt trades starting or expiring in 570BC and our cash situation is ok. Actually, this turn is almost boring for us, with the exception of some military training planned upon our barbarians.
Old May 4, 2003, 02:27   #171
nbarclay
Emperor

How many turns has it been since the war between Vox and the GoW/ND alliance ended? I'm wondering if there's any chance the expiration of a peace treaty connected with that might be involved.
Old May 4, 2003, 02:37   #172
asleepathewheel
Emperor

I was wrong about the game crashing with the declaration of war. Depending on what save I play it either crashes on the war declaration or some other message-wonder build started or something similar

Using the load cheat, I can't contact another civ at the offer screen, crashes everytime. but I think thats a problem with using that security flaw, not this specific game.

I'm trying to grab the error log, but the last four times its been saved in a directory that doesn't exist. painful trying to get it.

Do you get an error log Vondrack?
Old May 4, 2003, 03:09   #173
notyoueither
Deity

Message sent via the Bat Light.

Results may take a while, and they may ask for other saves. In the mean time, Nathan has resent our most recent turn to ND. I suggest we try that route, it cannot take as long to redo turns as it did to do them originally.

As far as GS turns and logs are concerned... We have very extensive threads where actions are discussed (what, you thought we were trading recipes?) and end turn shots to go from. I am confident that Nathan can retrace any of our recent turns dead on.
Old May 4, 2003, 03:39   #174
[DG]mav_son
PtWDG Neu Demogyptica
Chieftain

Local Time: 23:33
I played the replay-save from GS and send it now to GoW!

We pray to Allah!
Old May 4, 2003, 04:56   #175
FrustratedPoet
PtWDG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Local Time: 23:33
Ah, and all hostilities were forgotten as the people banded together in their time of need for the greater good.

This really sucks, though. Good job working on the solution so far guys! Here's hoping we get lucky and the problem is fixable.

Hopefully whatever bug that caused this will be fixed in Firaxis' next patch.
Old May 4, 2003, 05:54   #176
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

I replayed the save and sent it on to Roleplay.
Old May 4, 2003, 09:57   #177
Beta
lifer
Deity

Personally, I think this is all just a GS plot to bring grog back to life.
Old May 4, 2003, 09:58   #178
nbarclay
Emperor

Has someone tried loading in 1.21 yet?
Old May 4, 2003, 10:12   #179
Tiberius
PtWDG LegolandCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 01:33
Yes, someone from Legoland tried it and it didn't work.
--Woody Allen
Old May 4, 2003, 10:19   #180
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 01:33
If our current attempt to fix the problem (returning to Lego's previous turn and retracing from there; I understand that RP has the save now) doesn't yield any positive results, perhaps we should try the same thing over again, except Lego would upgrade to 1.21 before playing their previous turn and sending it to GS. Perhaps there's something in the 1.21 patch that would solve the problem, and it only works if it is applied the turn previous to the one that crashes.
- Phantom of the Opera