View Poll Results: Give us a President!
MrWhereItsAt 42 72.41%
panag 13 22.41%
The Biggest of all Big Bananas 3 5.17%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 13, 2003, 22:06   #1
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 11:38
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Election: President
And now we must elect the man to actually play the game: to direct our people from their first beginnings as far as we dare.

Choose one of the following to be named the Big Kahuna, the Captain, the head cheese, numero uno honcho, the President.

MrWhereItsAt
panag
Banana

We have 5 days, until 0213GMT Saturday 19 April.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old April 14, 2003, 00:53   #2
Master Zen
PtWDG Glory of WarApolytoners Hall of FameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin LoversC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 17:38
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Yo voto por el SrDondeEsta!!

(ISDG chatroom joke)

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)
Old April 14, 2003, 00:54   #3
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 10:38
MWIA
Old April 14, 2003, 01:22   #4
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

Local Time: 18:38
Quote:
Originally posted by Master Zen
Yo voto por el SrDondeEsta!!
hey, i may be white, but isn't there a grammer error there?

Senior = Mister
Donde = Where
Esta = conjugated Estar (am, or is) to either third person, or "you" formal.

don't you need a "lo" to make the word "it"?

SrDondeEstalo ? or is it Estarlo?

or am i a dumb white kid?
Old April 14, 2003, 02:17   #5
WhiteBandit
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 15:38
MasterZen is mexican But I wouldn't trust him farther than you could throw him.

(04/29/2004) [Trip] we will see who is best in the next round ; [Trip] that is why I left this team ; [Trip] I don't need the rest of you to win |
The solution to 1984 is 1776! | Here's to hoping that GoW's military isn't being run by MasterZen: Hehe! | DaveRocks! or something. ;)
Old April 14, 2003, 02:30   #6
BigFree
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG CalysiumBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 16:38
Quote:
Originally posted by WhiteBandit
MasterZen is mexican But I wouldn't trust him farther than you could throw him.
I wouldn't bother to throw him, you might catch something if you touch him!

BTW, I voted for panag. I think he has many talents in the area of communications that will seep over to the AI. The AI will not know how to properly react to his fine style. Given this is a Diety game we will need all the bonuses we can get.

panag for President!
Old April 14, 2003, 13:20   #7
Master Zen
PtWDG Glory of WarApolytoners Hall of FameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin LoversC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by UberKruX

hey, i may be white, but isn't there a grammer error there?

Senior = Mister
Donde = Where
Esta = conjugated Estar (am, or is) to either third person, or "you" formal.

don't you need a "lo" to make the word "it"?

SrDondeEstalo ? or is it Estarlo?

or am i a dumb white kid?

I understand what you are getting at, but actually the word "it" isn't necessary when translating this phrase in spanish.

Thus, it is said "Sr. Donde Está [eso]", the "eso" would be the "it" but you don't have to say it because the conjugated form of estar actually implies that something (the "it") is being referred to, that's why you don't have to add the "lo" prefix.

anyway, not bad spanish Uber

Oh, and BigFree and WB, you guys are just ACHING to get your butts kicked in the PBEMs... even the one where I'm Korea!!

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)
Old April 14, 2003, 14:12   #8
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

Local Time: 18:38
Quote:
Originally posted by Master Zen
anyway, not bad spanish Uber
mi padre estaba en al ban~o, o es possible que algo morrio` alli`.

i'm far too lazy to add those squiggles.
Old April 14, 2003, 18:25   #9
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

I love it when election threads go off topic.
Old April 14, 2003, 19:59   #10
Thud
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNever Ending StoriesC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC4BtSDG Templars
Prince

Local Time: 19:38
Okay, I shall determine who gets my vote based on who promises to put me into office as a Justice. A nice posh cave, a title, and some land wouldn't hurt much either.
Old April 14, 2003, 20:34   #11
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Hey, you want to put yourself forward as a judge, Thudf? You should have done so - in the nominations thread.

I'll do a confrimation of judges poll soonish, and since we aim to have 5, I'll add you in.

That's not doing you a favour for votes, that's 'cos we need the judges.

Old April 14, 2003, 20:42   #12
Thud
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNever Ending StoriesC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC4BtSDG Templars
Prince

Oh, I did MWIA. Just wanted a posh cave. Or something.

Btw, that 'not a favour' seems a lot like a really underhanded political manipulation. I congratulate you.
Old April 14, 2003, 20:56   #13
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

About the judges, if we continue using the NewCon, I see no reason to replace judges whose terms from the first game are not up yet.

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old April 14, 2003, 23:40   #14
Hot_Enamel
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 10:38
Have either played and won on Deity ?
Old April 15, 2003, 03:48   #15
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

I can happily say I've never tried Deity. Fortunately, the President does not dictate how we make our plays, just facilitates debate and actually carries out the team's wishes. I have certainly learned a lot from the DG, however. As a direct consequence of involvement in the first DG, I have upped my difficulty level. I have won a few more times on Regent and have started an Emperor game (although have so far lacked the time to continue with it).

I see myself more as a Demogamer than a strategist, although I am a lot more confident with good strategy now. I enjoy and believe I am good at dealing with other Demogamers to ensure we get the best teamwork possible. In the end, isn't that exactly what you want in a President? Someone who pushes the game and discussion along, listens to those who are more knowledgeable than he is, defers to the will of the people and still knows enough to take a lead role in discussions wherever it is needed.

Old April 15, 2003, 04:58   #16
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 01:38
Quote:
Originally posted by Hot_Enamel
Have either played and won on Deity ?
hi ,

started to play "deity" more and more from day one on , why , simple , to try and beat this level , ....

done it ?

yes , many times

after a while the barbarians where made infantry and cavalry just to get something new in the game

have a nice day
Old April 16, 2003, 00:45   #17
WhiteBandit
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

Another Important Question
Well, believe it or not, I think this is quite an important question for our future President to be. After much debating in #Apolyton, I figured I'd bring it upon myself to ask this.

Have either of you seen a woman naked?

Now we are placing bets and there is nothing personal here! But we are just betting with Mr. WhereItsAt's charisma, he has had to have seen all of New Zealand in the nude.

Come on guys, fill us in on the details!!
(Perhaps I'll make a tabloid paper! )

(04/29/2004) [Trip] we will see who is best in the next round ; [Trip] that is why I left this team ; [Trip] I don't need the rest of you to win |
The solution to 1984 is 1776! | Here's to hoping that GoW's military isn't being run by MasterZen: Hehe! | DaveRocks! or something. ;)
Old April 16, 2003, 00:47   #18
BigFree
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG CalysiumBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 16:38
I second this very genuine question. Charisma can go a long way baby!
Old April 16, 2003, 04:47   #19
Rasbelin
Emperor

Bananas.

Old April 16, 2003, 16:42   #20
Panag
Emperor

Re: Another Important Question
Quote:
Well, believe it or not, I think this is quite an important question for our future President to be. After much debating in #Apolyton, I figured I'd bring it upon myself to ask this.

Have either of you seen a woman naked?

Now we are placing bets and there is nothing personal here! But we are just betting with Mr. WhereItsAt's charisma, he has had to have seen all of New Zealand in the nude.

Come on guys, fill us in on the details!!
(Perhaps I'll make a tabloid paper! )

hi ,

with or without the lights on , ....

have a nice day
Old April 16, 2003, 17:13   #21
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

panag - as he voted for me. No hard feelings MWIA, as I remember working as DM under your (semi absent) term last game was a good time.

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old April 16, 2003, 17:23   #22
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by GodKing
panag - as he voted for me. No hard feelings MWIA, as I remember working as DM under your (semi absent) term last game was a good time.

hi ,

"under my term"

"semi absent"

have a nice day
Old April 16, 2003, 22:22   #23
WhiteBandit
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by panag

hi ,

"under my term"

"semi absent"

have a nice day
That's also why we elect Vice Presidents

Old April 17, 2003, 00:39   #24
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

No issues here GodKing. And to everyone - vote for whoever, for whatever reason you want. Just make sure you believe they will be able to do the job properly.

Old April 17, 2003, 17:17   #25
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old April 17, 2003, 18:10   #26
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Quote:

That's also why we elect Vice Presidents
Trust me, WB. After two terms with MrWIA, I promise you will get a chance to work should he win.

What, MrWIA? Stop looking at me like that...

Hey, we all know I was doing all the work for you

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old April 18, 2003, 11:09   #27
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx

Trust me, WB. After two terms with MrWIA, I promise you will get a chance to work should he win.

What, MrWIA? Stop looking at me like that...

Hey, we all know I was doing all the work for you

hi ,

, giving jobs away , ...

have a nice day

panag > gives a box of banana to all the people who voted for him
Old April 19, 2003, 01:17   #28
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

Thanks to all who voted. The elections are over, a Government is being formed and all we await now are the Civ colour (please vote in the soon-to-be topped thread!) and the map to come from its designers.....

Old April 19, 2003, 19:01   #29
Panag
Emperor

hi ,

a thanks to all the people who voted for panag , and for MrWia also off course

have a nice day
Old April 20, 2003, 00:27   #30
Master Zen
Deity

Speaking of yourself in the 3rd person is the first sign of megalomania...