Old April 14, 2003, 04:13   #1
Aeson
Emperor

Local Time: 17:39
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Gathering Storm Public Announcement - Operation "Public Announcement"
As there has been so much worrying over GS' lack of save punctuality, I hereby make public the following document in hopes that the other teams will better understand the time pressures we are facing at this juncture.

(Disclaimer: I have not been authorized to post this, but will be if Issue 9.4.9.15.20 slated for 670BC debate passes!)

GS 690BC minutes:

Issue 1(A): We have run out of synonyms for 'storm'.
-Proposal: Zeit to take up learning Hindu to feed us a few more city names.
-Debate: Zeit is on a leave of absence.
-Ruling: Passed unanimously. If Zeit doesn't return soon, disband cities so we can reuse the names for the new ones.
-Time expenditure: 18 minutes.

Issue 2(B): Suicide Galleys
-Proposal: We stand to gain much by making contact with the 8th civ first!
-Debate: Ok, so the game settings have been posted for months and there is no 8th civ. I appologize.
-Ruling: Aeson is restricted from posting for 5 turns.
-Time expenditure: 14 seconds
(ps. [to all teams] I've deduced the most likely crossing to the 8th civ based on the time each civ holds the save for. They have to be located between GS and ND! My teammates don't appreciate me, anyone accepting applicants?)

Issue 3(C): Naming of the tile N by NW of our 3rd city site in the future.
- Debate: still raging... no, not the debate, that's the name we decided on... 46 minutes. And no this issue didn't follow proceedure... proposal then debate! (Issue 18 for 670BC Official Issue Proceedure Definition)

Issue 4(E): Saving all our 'd' for defense!
-Proposal: We eclare that the letter ' ' be stricken from all recor s.
- ebate: amn! This isn't going to go over well with propagan a campaigns in issi entville.
-Ruling: Alternate letter saved for defense... A terribly bad love poem sent to one of us from *a member of GoW who at this time will remain nameless*. It's to be used as blackmail towards forcing an anti-Voxian alliance.
-Time expenditure: 18 hours (much of it blushing at inuendo in the poem!)

Issue 5: Consolidating of resources.
-Proposal: That issues from now on be labeled only with the number, in the interest of saving time.
-Debate: Mostly drunken slurs and bad puns using the name of the team. (ie: There's a Gathering Storm up Theseus' ***)
-Ruling: Light a match.
-Time expenditure: 4 hours 20 minutes. (not all the slurring was due to drunkeness it seems)

Issue F: Consolidating of resources.
-Proposal: That issues from now on be labeled only with the letter, in the interest of saving time.
-Debate: Mostly indignant replies from Theseus about our inebriation.
-Ruling: Anarchy.
-Time expenditure: Unresolved as of yet.

Issue 6(G): The War with Vox
-Proposal: Ignore it and it'll go away.
-Debate: We are at war with Vox?!?

-cut away to scene from "The Ten Commandments" of the red sea closing over Pharaoh. Betahound played by Charleton Heston.
Old April 14, 2003, 04:53   #2
vondrack
lifer
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMPtWDG Legoland
Emperor

Local Time: 00:39
Local Date: November 2, 2010

ROFLMAO

Aeson, I haven't read anything more funny in weeks!

Old April 14, 2003, 05:41   #3
redstar1
Civilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG LegolandCivilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStates
Prince

Quality
Old April 14, 2003, 05:56   #4
FrustratedPoet
PtWDG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Local Time: 23:39
Re: Gathering Storm Public Announcement - Operation "Public Announcement"
Quote:
Originally posted by Aeson
Issue 4(E): Saving all our 'd' for defense!
-Proposal: We eclare that the letter ' ' be stricken from all recor s.
- ebate: amn! This isn't going to go over well with propagan a campaigns in issi entville.
Old April 14, 2003, 07:43   #5
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 01:39
Aeson, I thought we agreed that we'd act publicly in manners that would make MasterZen wish he had joined our team, not otherwise!
I call upon you to review Issue 6.4.6.200.3 on the subject of 'Psychological Warfare and the Natural Cultivation of Fruitcakes'.

Priceless!! Truly priceless!
I just might print this out and frame it...
- Phantom of the Opera
Old April 14, 2003, 08:48   #6
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 10:39
Old April 14, 2003, 09:19   #7
Darekill
PtWDG2 Monty PythonC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Neu Demogyptica
Prince

This reminds me of some debates i've read in another forum in another language but it sounds quite familiar....

it is quite funny nonrtheless

Old April 14, 2003, 09:26   #8
alva
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

This should be on the public forum?!?!?!?

Great job Aeson :
Old April 14, 2003, 10:02   #9
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Darekill
This reminds me of some debates i've read in another forum in another language but it sounds quite familiar....
ND's private forum?

Btw, how are the other teams doing, in terms of organization and in terms of atmosphere?
I know that these are decisive times and most people are afraid to reveal details, but I think the least we could do is to be open about the general atmosphere inside our teams and how much fun we're having out of this game.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old April 14, 2003, 10:05   #10
Arrian
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Deity

Local Time: 19:39

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.
Old April 14, 2003, 11:32   #11
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Great stuff, Aeson. And presumably now that these matters are resolved your turns will go quicker.

Although I want to put a disclaimer in that I do not, nor have I ever had, any association with the NRA.
Old April 14, 2003, 13:55   #12
Eli
Civ4 SP Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliC4DG VoxCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 02:39

(+1 )
Old April 14, 2003, 14:44   #13
Aeson
Emperor

Glad this announcement could be of some service...

Quote:
Although I want to put a disclaimer in that I do not, nor have I ever had, any association with the NRA.
Yes, we realize that GS is the only team with Riflemen at this point in the game.
Old April 14, 2003, 15:56   #14
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Local Time: 18:39
Great stuff.
Old April 14, 2003, 17:06   #15
OliverFA
PtWDG RoleplaySpanish CiversInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStatesCiv4 SP Democracy Game
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Shiber
Btw, how are the other teams doing, in terms of organization and in terms of atmosphere?
I know that these are decisive times and most people are afraid to reveal details, but I think the least we could do is to be open about the general atmosphere inside our teams and how much fun we're having out of this game.
We spend all the turn roleplaying and developing intrincate plots about internal affairs. Invariably some of our characters get killed and then we spend even more time designing the biography of the successor, ready to avenge his father.

From time to time the turn arrives. We then play it randomly and send to the next team.
Old April 14, 2003, 18:09   #16
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 15:39
OliverFA is far too vague in his account of how things happen on the RP team. As of this moment:

We have two Cardinals vieing to become the Pope.
We have a debate about the proper use of the Spanish Inquisition within our team.
The King Augusto Togas is dead and his son, the first Prince of Spain, -- Justino Togas -- is seeking support of the Noble Lords to be crowned the 2nd King of Spain.
We have a few noble families still fighting due to the killing of a "heretical" member of the Plageles Clan.

And despite all of that my team tends to get most of their orders submitted for their Dukedoms, and we write a few PMs to the rest of you from time to time when we get excited about events outside of Spain.

Anyone interested in a Royal Marriage? Maybe a few of you can throw off your ridiculous Republics, embrace Monarchy and we can start getting our kids hitched.

Anyone interested in sharing the One True Faith? Give yourself a few parishes, name a few Cardinals, and we can create a game-wide religous order, elect one Pope, and add another exciting element to our game.

RP team: Always happy to overlook boring worker movements and WF adjustments and focus on the TRUELY fun things.

--Togas
Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.
Old April 14, 2003, 18:24   #17
Nimitz
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG LegolandNever Ending StoriesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameNationStates
King

Local Time: 18:39
Yes and we in legoland could start the protestant Reformation and free the world from the pope.
Old April 14, 2003, 18:35   #18
HarryH
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG2 Sunshine
King

Local Time: 15:39
Sounds like some club meetings I have been in.

Quote:
-cut away to scene from "The Ten Commandments" of the red sea closing over Pharaoh. Betahound played by Charleton Heston.
With one move of his hand Beta washes away all the GS chariots.
Old April 14, 2003, 18:38   #19
ZargonX
PtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 MorganC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy GameApolyCon 06 ParticipantsBtS Tri-LeagueApolyton UniversityPtWDG2 TabemonoC4WDG Huygen's Union
Emperor

Quote:
Anyone interested in sharing the One True Faith?
This new religion you speak of... is it in any way block-based?
Old April 14, 2003, 19:26   #20
Hot Mustard
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty Python
King

Quote:
Originally posted by ZargonX

No, but any cross-civ marriages could be considered inter-locking!
Old April 14, 2003, 20:54   #21
Nuclear Winter
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayPtWDG2 SunshineSpanish Civers
Prince

Local Time: 20:39
Quote:
Originally posted by ZargonX

Well, one could say some of the most conservative members of the holy church are blockheads... does this applies?
Prince Togas forgot the secret coup undergoing to take Spain and substitute its catholic, monarchic government by an Herectic sect ruling people through the impositions of a few Squid-raisers.... ops!

I shouldnīt hav... Hey Mīlord! Look there, ainīt that a beautifull butterfly?

Well, Hmm, anyone interested in offering political asile? Just to know
Old April 15, 2003, 00:58   #22
Theseus
PtWDG Gathering StormApolyton UniversityApolytoners Hall of FameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG Gathering StormApolyCon 06 Participants
Emperor

Location: The warmonger formerly known as rpodos. Gathering Storm!
Hmmm.... GS knows how to get down

And I am at the center of things...
The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.
Old April 15, 2003, 02:25   #23
OliverFA
PtWDG RoleplaySpanish CiversInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStatesCiv4 SP Democracy Game
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Togas
RP team: Always happy to overlook boring worker movements and WF adjustments and focus on the TRUELY fun things.
Can I borrow this for my signature?

Quote:
Originally posted by Togas
Anyone interested in a Royal Marriage? Maybe a few of you can throw off your ridiculous Republics, embrace Monarchy and we can start getting our kids hitched.
But remember that the candidate must also convert the the only True Religion before that. We don't tolerate heretics!
Old April 16, 2003, 00:26   #24
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Does this religion involve in any way a great doughnut god that rules the earth in all it's delicious benevolence? If not, don't count me in.
Old April 16, 2003, 21:52   #25
pikesfan
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Octavian X
Does this religion involve in any way a great doughnut god that rules the earth in all it's delicious benevolence? If not, don't count me in.
Our God, like a doughnut, has three inseparable Parts/Persons:

God the Father, who is the cake.
God the Son, who is the icing.
God the Holy Spirit, who is the doughnut hole.