Old April 14, 2003, 20:28   #1
Thud
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNever Ending StoriesC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC4BtSDG Templars
Prince

Local Time: 19:42
Local Date: November 1, 2010
The Tory Party
I think it is about time to start some Constitutional debate:

Apolytonians, Unite! Radical insurgants are attempting to take over the government, naming a so-called "President" as Head of State, and eliminating all of our ancestral claims to land and title!

We, however, have a chance to stop them! Soon to convene is a great Constitutional Convention, in which all of the best sort of people will congregate to decide upon the fate of our government.

It is the intent of this party to unite the nobility around common goals- the right to life, liberty, and property, yes, but also the protection and security a King provides.

We call for a Parliament of Lords to meet, vote and guide the nation, for a Premier to represent them, and for a King to administer justice.

It is thus, in the Year of the Banana 4000 B.C. (before the coming of the banana), that this Tory Party is formed, to champion the cause of justice for all.

Members of the Tory Party:
Thud
BetaHound
Epistax

Last edited by Thud; April 16, 2003 at 07:16.
Old April 14, 2003, 21:00   #2
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 17:42
So what exactly is your platform? Just calling our leader "King" instead of president?

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old April 14, 2003, 21:49   #3
Thud
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNever Ending StoriesC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC4BtSDG Templars
Prince

Well, not exactly.

First off, the King would supplant the current Court.

Second, certain nobles would each govern thier own city(s), instead of the DM, similar to the Roleplay PTW Team or the ACDG.

Third, it would involve, by individual choice, a bit of roleplaying element.

Of course, this is subject to discussion within the party and by everyone while developing the constitution.
Old April 15, 2003, 00:49   #4
kring
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerNationStatesCTP2 Source Code ProjectApolyton UniversityCivilization IV Creators
King

Sounds interesting.
Old April 15, 2003, 09:09   #5
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

As long as those nobles are voted in, Im listening. No need to alienate new players in this game. GoW is also organized similarly btw. Here, though, we have far more people, and need to make it more open to change in governing bodies.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old April 15, 2003, 09:58   #6
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 11:42
Local Date: November 2, 2010
So this is less a party than an effort to get some Constitutional debate started? Excellent. Just what we need.

So you want to kickstart this debate then Thud?

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old April 15, 2003, 12:50   #7
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

So you're leaving the DIA and abandoning its democratic principles for a more aristocratic scheme?

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old April 15, 2003, 12:56   #8
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Did the DIA not die with the last game?

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old April 15, 2003, 13:52   #9
Thud
Prince

Yeah, I thought it was kaput. But if civman2000 wants to revive it...

Unortho, I assume you mean the nobles that govern the cities, and not the Parliament... the Parliament is of course us. Obviously, we're going to have to work out how many nobles there should be, at the start one for every city, but at the end we obviously can't elect 50 nobles. It would be pointless.

As to whether or not this is a party: Well, I do consider this a discussion thread about having a Monarch, but later on the Tory party could come to mean anything... even being a new Hawk party.
Old April 15, 2003, 14:07   #10
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Yes, if civman wishes to reform the DIA he is welcome, I was just pointing out you were not abandoning them since we all are starting over, or so I thought.

Breaking the city duties up via this system would be nice. The potential problems I see arising, though, would be how to deal with workers, and rushing of units/improvements with cash, I think Pop rushing could be left to the Noble over that city.

Let me try to work this out in my own mind here:

You have it set so the Parlaiment is basically the Senate, The Premeire is the President, Nobles are over the cities (DM), and the King is the Court, correct?

OK, We would vote on the Premiere every month or so, the lords to oversee the cities each month, the King every 2-3 months or so, correct?

This still leaves the matter of SMC and FAM (or similar positions). Appointed? By whom? Confirmed after appointment? Elected?

I like the RP possibilities. It is different, but not completely alien from what we already are used to.

Might be interesting to also give the King some IN GAME powers as well, such as over the treasury, sliders, and research?

As far as a Party? Ill decide when there is a set platform if I join any at all this time. Oh, who am I kidding Ill join one just to have fun opposing the DIA should it actually reform.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old April 15, 2003, 21:49   #11
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Thud - this Royalist joins the party. Long live the king!!!
Old April 15, 2003, 21:56   #12
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
I think the DIA died around 3500 BC in the last game.
Old April 15, 2003, 23:45   #13
Epistax
Civilization III Democracy Game
Prince

Local Time: 18:42
I have to agree with Yoda.
Old April 16, 2003, 00:08   #14
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Bah, what happened to Democracy? Nobles sound nice and all that, but it gives the impression that we'll never see another election again. I'd be against giving anyone unilateral power...
Old April 16, 2003, 00:18   #15
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

Quote:
Originally posted by GhengisFarb
I think the DIA died around 3500 BC in the last game.
If nothing else their policies sure did.
Old April 16, 2003, 07:19   #16
Thud
Prince

Quote:
If nothing else their policies sure did.
Hey, we managed to stop that war at the end with... whoever it was... Persia? Greece, maybe?

Hey, if you warmongers wanna bug the peaceniks, go form your own party. Or join this one and contribute. Whatever.
Old April 16, 2003, 17:37   #17
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 01:42
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx

hi ,

we have still to do so many things , .....

we stick around till there is no more planet , ....

and then we just go on from space , ....

have a nice DIA day