Old April 15, 2003, 11:50   #1
Spec
Emperor

Local Time: 23:43
Local Date: November 1, 2010
The "That's how you seem" Thread!
Disclaimer: This thread is ment in no way to be an attack on posters on Poly and is for fun purposes only. If you can only find bad things to say about a poster, choose another one.

So I've been hangnin around Poly for a while now and I think I pretty much know what some of you are about. I'm also pretty sure that you have your own idea on some posters here. So I got a game we can play. You choose 3 posters and descride them shortly and when they will read the descrption you gave them it will give them a good idea on what impretion they give based on a couple of description. Let me start with....

Slowwhand: He will say whatever can he can to stick the needle as far up your ass as possible so that he's sure he'll make you react. I dont think he always means what he says based on a couple of threads all together. Bright, rebellius on poly and 25% troll.

Spiffor: Great comments usualy, seems like he wants to be a guru of some sort while always having the most rational answer. I dig that. But his mind can easily be changed, I dig that too.

Uberkrux: Plain funny. He's seems like the kind of guy that doesn't give a f**k about what people think of his answers or replies so he just says whats on his mind.

Remember, if you dont have anything good to say about a poster just choose another one.
Thank you.
Old April 15, 2003, 11:54   #2
Solly
Emperor

Local Time: 00:43
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Ted Striker: Probably the most similar person on here to me. A bit of a player and loves everything the US stands for

Che Guevara: Would fit right at home in my Students Union. If he's not complaining about American actions or lack of them, he's complaining about Israel's. Or predicting a calamity in Baghdad; oh wait, that didn't happen? Well, America are going to fight Syria then aren't they, the warmongers! I bet he eats organic food as well.

MarkG: get your hair cut. It surely can't be nice in the summer months...
Old April 15, 2003, 12:16   #3
SlowwHand
inmate
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameGameLeague
Deity

Local Time: 18:43
"Slowwhand: He will say whatever can he can to stick the needle as far up your ass as possible so that he's sure he'll make you react. I dont think he always means what he says based on a couple of threads all together. Bright, rebellius on poly and 25% troll. "

Goddamnit! What's the big idea? You're outting me!

David Floyd. As much as I disagree with him, he has passion. Anyone with passion over something can't be all bad.

But to paraphrase Hank Hill, if you tell him I'll kick your ass.
Old April 15, 2003, 12:29   #4
Jaguar
C4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 19:43
Asher: Says what's on my mind exactly, but is not at all tactful about it. Like Donald Rumsfeld.

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005
Old April 15, 2003, 13:40   #5
Spec
Emperor

Dudes, atleast 3 to keep it going! Come on!
Old April 15, 2003, 13:40   #6
Az
Emperor

Local Time: 02:43
Comrade Tribune: He has an ok avatar.
Old April 15, 2003, 13:46   #7
Stefu
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 01:43
JohnT: He's closest to a real person this place has to offer, and that's a good thing.

loinburger: His avatar makes me think everything he has to say is funny and insightful.

Laz & The Gimp: He's funny, but this board doesn't let him rip into other posters enough. The thing he wrote about Albert Speer's life was a classic, as was CivNation's diary. However, I refuse to believe real Brits use that many Britticisms.
"Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
"That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world
Old April 15, 2003, 13:51   #8
SlowwHand
inmate
Deity

"JohnT: He's closest to a real person this place has to offer, and that's a good thing"

You ass. What am I? A figment of your imagination?

BTW, one of my favorite quotes between posting screens is your "I have the leadership abilities of a small canteloupe".

I like messing with that no-good scoundrel Chegitz.

Also like to mess with Sava, but I play too rough and hurt his feelings.

Monolith has an eerily similar taste in music. Eclectic.

Now, if I can manage a method to make RAH not just ignore me.
JEE-zus, how I hate that.
Old April 15, 2003, 13:53   #9
SlowwHand
inmate
Deity

Tassadar is ok. Even if he has a butt-ugly cat.
Old April 15, 2003, 13:56   #10
rah
lifer
Apolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Just another peon

This type of thread can be quite easily closed if people get too carried away. SO all of the participants

Spectator
Boddington's
Jaguar Warrior
Azazel
Stefu

should be careful.

RAH
Old April 15, 2003, 14:10   #11
Chemical Ollie
King

I prefer to speak with people rather than about them.
Old April 15, 2003, 14:13   #12
Lancer
Civilization III MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FamePolyCast TeamC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Deity

rah: The personable moderator. The only one I've seen reverse a decision. Low stress, easy, respectable. If I had to spend a year on a desert island with one of the mods, it would be rah.
Old April 15, 2003, 14:13   #13
Elok
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

I don't know anybody yet, and I can only make vague speculations about how I seem to others. What little I know thus far about Ming, and about the nature of forum discussions, indicates that he will probably wind up whooping arse all over this thread, but that's about it.
How do I seem?

I wish there were a smiley face that lifts one eyebrow ironically so I could insert it here...nertz.
"May I be forgiven for the ills that I have done/Friends I have forsaken and strangers I have shunned/Sins I have committed, for which others had to pay/And I haven't met the whiskey that can wash those stains away."
-Brady's Leap, "Wash."
Old April 15, 2003, 14:21   #14
Spec
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Olaf Hårfagre
I prefer to speak with people rather than about them.
Dont be such a tight ass man, this is only for fun, not to bash people up. Besides, everyone can read it so it's not like we talking behind their backs.

Spec.
Old April 15, 2003, 14:29   #15
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

Ming: Probably the softest hardass I ever met. Good guy, knows how to take a joke, but still draws the line in the sand and will tear you a new one if you cross it.

Albert Speer: Despite the fact that most of his comments end up depicted as trolls, he does seem genuinely curious about many things. When he throws his ideas in, he gets nailed, but he does listen to others, no matter how coldly he rejects them.

Che: Although he doesn't care much for me, Che is the man. I respect his opinion on many things, although i disagree with him a lot on the American political system. He doesn't like my idea of Conservative Commies / Right Wing Communists, calls me a Fascist, etc, etc, but he's a good guy, well versed in manny areas of importance to me.

Boris: a fellow New Yorker, and everbody's favotire homo he's really good with taking jokes, and even fires back at me from time to time. Overall, great guy.

panag: i don't know why, but i love this guy's cryptic postings and his "have a nice day".

pattycakes: he's a character, he is. he likes to add a trollish humor to every thread he invades. I don't know anything between the tensions between Greece and Turkey, but i hear about them every day or so.

Sava: Savas tight. I'm sure if we lived close enough we'd hang out a lot. He seems to click well with me. He's damn funny and always laughs at my jokes. thats probably because i never offended any group he may belong to

the "civ3 demogame mafia":: too many to list, but in the beginning of the demogame we had a hell of a time

Stefu: god damn hillarious. and who doesn't love the leader of an evil group of foriegn nationals bent on world domination, who proclaims "VIRTUAL PENIS SIZE IS IMPORTANT!"?

tired. there are more
Old April 15, 2003, 14:35   #16
Felch
Civilization III Democracy Game
Emperor

Open communication can resolve disputes better than flaming.

Zylka - Always strikes me as though he was trying to get to Counterglow but made a wrong turn somewhere. A breath of fresh air in this forum to say the least.

Ming - Can't possibly be human. He moderates too many forums too well. And it seems like he's always watching. How does he keep his job?

Jaguar Warrior - It's so cool seeing a little MoCo homeboy. Even if he's not from Germantown (and hence, not as cool as me), Bethesda is better than nothing.
Old April 15, 2003, 14:36   #17
Jon Miller
staff
ApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization II MultiplayerRise of Nations MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliC4DG Vox
OTF Moderator

Local Time: 17:43
populatarity thread

Jon Miler
Old April 15, 2003, 14:38   #18
Elok
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Populatarity? Is that like a sperm count?

"May I be forgiven for the ills that I have done/Friends I have forsaken and strangers I have shunned/Sins I have committed, for which others had to pay/And I haven't met the whiskey that can wash those stains away."
-Brady's Leap, "Wash."
Old April 15, 2003, 14:38   #19
Spec
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Jon Miller
populatarity thread

Jon Miler

Jealousy post.

Spec.
Old April 15, 2003, 14:39   #20
JohnT
lifer
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Stefu: Funny, personable, spends too much time searching for esotera on the 'net - but then, he lives in Finland, so what else are you gonna do?

Urban Ranger: Smart, sharp, perhaps a little too serious and driven.

Che: A regular guy.

Zylka: Duuuuuuude!
Old April 15, 2003, 14:40   #21
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Elok
Populatarity? Is that like a sperm count?

they go hand in hand.

well, thing in hand.
Old April 15, 2003, 14:42   #22
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Quote:
Originally posted by SlowwHand
Tassadar is ok. Even if he has a butt-ugly cat.
It is not my fault that you are unable to comprehend the glory and beauty of MISTY
Old April 15, 2003, 14:43   #23
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Tassadar5000

It is not my fault that you are unable to comprehend the glory and beauty of MISTY
thats a stupid name for a cat. get that form pokemon?
Old April 15, 2003, 14:59   #24
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Flatulus: Best username.

Chocoballs: Second best username.

Buttnugget: Third best username.

Zeus_Of_Olympos: Lousy username, but a stellar fella nevertheless.
Old April 15, 2003, 15:37   #25
Stefu
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Spanky the Wonder Monkey had the best username evar.

Sniff... Spanky, we miss you...
"Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
"That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world
Old April 15, 2003, 15:38   #26
Stefu
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:
You ass. What am I? A figment of your imagination?
I like your beard. You still have your beard, don't you?
Old April 15, 2003, 16:01   #27
SlowwHand
inmate
Deity

Always and forever.
Old April 15, 2003, 16:04   #28
Dauphin
Civilization IV PBEMPolyCast Team
Deity

Sloww, with that beard you remind me of Great Uncle Bulgaria
Old April 15, 2003, 16:07   #29
SlowwHand
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by rah
This type of thread can be quite easily closed if people get too carried away. SO all of the participants

Spectator
Boddington's
Jaguar Warrior
Azazel
Stefu

should be careful.

RAH
See? See what I mean?
Son of a bisquit-eater did it again!
And it's not like he doesn't know; that's the thing.

Great Uncle Bulgaria??
I prorbaly don't want to know, do I ?
Old April 15, 2003, 16:08   #30
MikeH
staff
Apolytoners Hall of FameBtS Tri-League
OTF Moderator

I've met Laz and if anything he tones down some of his slang for this board.

We've got both kinds