Old December 9, 1999, 01:47   #1
Saras
Emperor

Local Time: 08:26
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Hello, my name is Saras and I'm a Spartan Chronicleholic
I NEED MORE!!! MOREE!!! MOOOORRREEEE!!!

Why all these other stories keep growing and SC is not? It's way more interesting and developed, and I feel the climax is near, so why do you torture this poor addict, huh? Sadists!
Saras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9, 1999, 18:15   #2
Jasonian
King

Local Time: 00:26
*snicker* In other words, he's jealous that we don't get people like you, Saras, screaming for more Crossfire Tales.
Jasonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9, 1999, 19:19   #3
Hydro
ACDG3 GaiansApolyton Storywriters' GuildSporePolyCast Team
King

Local Time: 05:26
Hello Saras,

Well, it is nice to hear that someone is reading and enjoying SC! Sometimes it feels like we are writing to entertain ourselves – all alone in a silent universe! (sniff) As to the rate, I have been adding about 2 submissions a week (sometimes more, sometimes less) for a long time. I know Googlie and Slats have been adding recently, too. But I suppose an addict is never satiated! Part of the problem is that there are so many interwoven plot lines that they seem only to progress slowly even if a lot has been done on the whole.

As to the completion of SC, some of our SC authors are renown for their stunning plot twists that seem to have been planned long ago (in retrospect, at least). So, what is the chance that SC will have a definitive ending in the near future? I will leave that to your vivid imagination.

Also, if you want a faster pace then you are cordially invited to join us! If you have been following from the beginning (almost 500 posts now) then you probably have a pretty good idea what has been done (and by whom to whom). You can either jump in or contact one of the current active authors (me, Slats, or Googlie) for suggestions. We have frequently ‘loaned’ established characters in the past. So, come on down if you like!

Cotroneo, please don’t take offense at the exuberance of a fan. The origin of the word is ‘fanatic’, you know. Much of the adjectives that were used amount to personal taste. I can assure you that Tales have a bunch of excellent writing (in my opinion, at least). I think that the Tales authors have added a lot to SMAC fiction and I am very glad you are here and contributing!!! And you are right – the flavor of Tales is different than SC.

Hydro
Hydro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9, 1999, 20:35   #4
Cotroneo
Warlord

Well, im sorry if i came off rash, i was just very tired during school, so i jumped on the computer during programming class.....and wrote how i felt....urge to kill rising!

Hydro is right, progress gets slow when interwoven plots start to pile up. me, Jason and Raging Mouse can tell you that first hand.

sorry about the rashness....i guess im a bit jealous about how good Spartan writers are....i think ill go in the corner and put my head down in shame
Cotroneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9, 1999, 21:32   #5
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 22:26
Local Date: October 30, 2010
Cotroneo:

No need to hang your head.

I think your writing - all of you - is first class.

I'm still keeping the running .doc going (with Rynn's help of course )

And Saras:

We will be writing more - as Hydro says, it's been a busy time recently so i haven't been writing much of the Googlie/Rynn/Paula stuff, but there is a lot of catching up to do.

I'm on vacation from 20th for three weeks, so I prolly will be verbose then.

And I second Hydro - sometime we wonder if we just write to amuse ourselves - it's good to know others do read.

Googlie

[This message has been edited by Googlie (edited December 09, 1999).]
Googlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10, 1999, 01:35   #6
Cotroneo
Warlord

well i kind of resent that comment....the crossfire tales is not this->>>..."Why all these other stories keep growing and SC is not? It's way more interesting and developed" ....i think we got a really good evolving plot. Although i still like the spartans because they bring down the story to the individual level, rather than faction level like crossfire.

Really, you can't compare the two if you think about it....
Cotroneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10, 1999, 02:00   #7
gopher
Warlord

Local Time: 01:26
Just want to say, all authors, you guys are great!! Keep the work comming, and thanks for making my day a little more intresting!
gopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10, 1999, 02:11   #8
Saras
Emperor

Local Time: 08:26
Sorry Cotroneo. An addiction is an addiction is an addiction. Gotta start fighting by acknowledging you are addicted

And to SC team - way to go!
Saras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10, 1999, 08:34   #9
Cthol
King

Local Time: 07:26
where can i get the complete SC ???
where should i mail to?
please help me....

-Cthol
"the time to read"
Cthol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10, 1999, 09:44   #10
Hydro
ACDG3 GaiansApolyton Storywriters' GuildSporePolyCast Team
King

Cthol,

Googlie is the keeper of the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch, er, the text of SC. Ask him nicely and he will throw, ah, e-mail it to you.

Hydro
Hydro is offline   Reply With Quote