Old April 28, 2003, 23:52   #181
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 17:45
Local Date: November 1, 2010
He who would join the Fully Monty
Must answer me
These questions three
Ere the other side he see.

What...is your name?

Sir Octavian the Doughnut-Eater of Camelot!

What...is your quest?

To join the Monty Python Team!

What...is the capital of Assyria?

I don't know that!
Auuuuuuuugh!

BTW: I think I'll join this team.
Old April 29, 2003, 07:41   #182
bongo
lifer
PtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafPtWDG Neu DemogypticaCivilization III PBEMC3CDG Blood Oath HordeIron CiversC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

Local Time: 00:45
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Just of curiosity, how is this supposed to work? Seems like everyone here knows what a democracy game is. Well, I don't. Enlighten me someone.

I may even join with al-Sahaf team.
Old April 29, 2003, 08:06   #183
BigFree
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG CalysiumBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 16:45
Quote:
Originally posted by bongo
Just of curiosity, how is this supposed to work? Seems like everyone here knows what a democracy game is. Well, I don't. Enlighten me someone.

I may even join with al-Sahaf team.
You can look here, there an example posted along with some link to a thread that shows the set-up process.
BigFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29, 2003, 09:28   #184
bongo
lifer
PtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafPtWDG Neu DemogypticaCivilization III PBEMC3CDG Blood Oath HordeIron CiversC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

Sounds cool, what's with these teams then. Do they play against each other in multiplayer?
Old April 29, 2003, 09:43   #185
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 10:45
Short answer: Yes. Longer answer: Yes, they do.
GeneralTacticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29, 2003, 11:34   #186
alva
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 01:45
Different topic:
Is there any concensus on the diplomacy part of the game?
Perhaps we can make it so that ALL diplomacy has to be done publicly(no PM's, no e-mails).
This game is supposed to be fun (interactive) before winning etc..
We could have a couple of great discussions, instead of all the secretness
(think of all the (role-playing trashtalking) )
alva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29, 2003, 13:48   #187
Theseus
PtWDG Gathering StormApolyton UniversityApolytoners Hall of FameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG Gathering StormApolyCon 06 Participants
Emperor

Local Time: 19:45
Location: The warmonger formerly known as rpodos. Gathering Storm!
Cool, idea alva.

More opportunities for...

EDDIE IZZARD!!!!
The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.
Theseus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29, 2003, 14:47   #188
Master Zen
PtWDG Glory of WarApolytoners Hall of FameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin LoversC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

forgive my ignorance but,

WHO THE HELL IS EDDIE IZZARD?!?!?!

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)
Master Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29, 2003, 14:50   #189
bongo
lifer
Emperor

I'm in.

As a very intelligent and well educated individual I feel it is my duty to join the Mohammed al-Sahaf team where I will be among other equally brilliant people. Our empire will be the finest ever known to Civ and those stupid enough to cross our borders will be used as fish-bait.

Do we have a secret hand-shake yet?
Old April 29, 2003, 14:52   #190
Master Zen
PtWDG Glory of WarApolytoners Hall of FameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin LoversC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

By the way some of us from the Sunshine Team have been toying with the idea of changing our team's concept into

THE FSGO TEAM
(For-Sexy-Guys-Only)

The reason for this is that we started a fun succession game over there at MZO and gave it the "sexy" theme, it is hilarious, the AARs are worth the read, so I pass the link:

http://central.masterzen.net/index.p...&f=6&t=97&st=0

(read it if only for laughs )

BTW, I say this is only an idea, if everyone else from the team believes we should do this, then we'll do it.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Last edited by Master Zen; April 29, 2003 at 14:58.
Old April 29, 2003, 14:55   #191
ruby_maser
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Gathering Storm
King

This thread got real long, real fast

I'm interested, but I'm not sure what teams are available or the like.
"The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise with the occasion. As our case is new, so we must think anew and act anew. We must disenthrall ourselves, and then we shall save our country." -- Abraham Lincoln

"Generations to come will scarce believe that such a one as this ever, in flesh and blood, walked upon this earth." -- Albert Einstein, in regards to Mohandis Gandhi
ruby_maser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29, 2003, 15:20   #192
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Local Time: 18:45
Quote:
Originally posted by ruby_maser
This thread got real long, real fast

I'm interested, but I'm not sure what teams are available or the like.
See BigFree's post. I think most of the proposed teams are there.

Join Tabemono!
Old April 29, 2003, 15:23   #193
Alex
Emperor

Local Time: 20:45
No, join the Mohammed Al-Sahaf team! We tell only the truth!
Old April 29, 2003, 15:27   #194
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Local Time: 18:45
Quote:
Originally posted by Alexnm
No, join the Mohammed Al-Sahaf team! We tell only the truth!
Right, and all Tabemonos are on a diet, too.
Old April 29, 2003, 15:47   #195
Thirgaral
Civilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG2 Sunshine
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by Master Zen
By the way some of us from the Sunshine Team have been toying with the idea of changing our team's concept into

THE FSGO TEAM
(For-Sexy-Guys-Only)

The reason for this is that we started a fun succession game over there at MZO and gave it the "sexy" theme, it is hilarious, the AARs are worth the read, so I pass the link:

http://central.masterzen.net/index.p...&f=6&t=97&st=0

(read it if only for laughs )

BTW, I say this is only an idea, if everyone else from the team believes we should do this, then we'll do it.
That is SO weird!!!!
But really, if we're gonna live happily in Sunshinia, we've gotta be SEXY
You might want to tune it down a little, it´s sort of gay as it is now with that leader-picture and all...
I don´t mind gays but, you know...

New teamname = "Sexy Guys in the Sunshine" SGS

Or just people, don't we want women in our team??
It´s ok with me 'bout the concept chance however

And Eddie Izzard is a crazy comedian, I think...

How about if we start a thread like a conference-room were we have our peculiar international political discussions?

have a sexy day in the sunshine
Thirgaral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29, 2003, 15:52   #196
alva
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 01:45
Quote:

He is the almighty..,bringer of laughter...
the fact that he does all of this wearing a dress is.. rather unfortunate.. that I give you , all well we're all male lesbians, aren't we
alva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29, 2003, 16:00   #197
Thirgaral
Warlord

Quote:
Do we have a secret hand-shake yet?
If anyone in the sunshine team has seen that movie "dude, where's my car", we could use the Zoltan thing...but we say Sunshine instead of Zoltan...

Sunshine!

Old April 29, 2003, 16:11   #198
bongo
lifer
Emperor

2 questions

1)When do we start the actual game?

2)Does anyone keep track of how many members each team got?

Better leave the job to the Mohammed Al-Sahaf team, as umcompromising truth-tellers we are happy to report that we actually won the game already. All the members of the other teams CF'ed to us because of our complete and utter honesty.
Old April 29, 2003, 17:07   #199
Master Zen
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Thirgaral

That is SO weird!!!!
But really, if we're gonna live happily in Sunshinia, we've gotta be SEXY
You might want to tune it down a little, it´s sort of gay as it is now with that leader-picture and all...
I don´t mind gays but, you know...

New teamname = "Sexy Guys in the Sunshine" SGS

Or just people, don't we want women in our team??
It´s ok with me 'bout the concept chance however

How about if we start a thread like a conference-room were we have our peculiar international political discussions?

Nah, its not a gay thing, it's kind of a crossover like "If-Zoolander-played-Civ3" thing. I thought it was hilarious... just look at our city names!

As I said, it is not definite of course, since you had expressed interest and been very vocal about the Sunshine thing we wanted to see if you liked the idea.

Anyway, we could maybe do a sort of hybrid thing... although I've never met hippies who were fashion stars...

As for girls, hell, I'd love to have girls on the team but face it, Civ seems to be a macho thing, no girls I know of in the PTWDG which is a shame... we would all have cyber-GFs by now....

(oh... and no pink quotes... THAT'S gay...)

Old April 29, 2003, 19:04   #200
Panzer32
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC4DG VoxInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshinePtWDG2 Monty PythonPtWDG2 MonkeyPtWDG2 Latin LoversPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Glory of War
Emperor

I might be able to perform historian duties in this game...
Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
---------
May God Bless.
Panzer32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29, 2003, 19:31   #201
BigFree
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG CalysiumBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Panzer32
I might be able to perform historian duties in this game...
That would be awesome!!
Old April 29, 2003, 19:37   #202
Panzer32
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC4DG VoxInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshinePtWDG2 Monty PythonPtWDG2 MonkeyPtWDG2 Latin LoversPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Glory of War
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by BigFree

That would be awesome!!
I just want to see what all the teams plan and stuff, and how everything works out . I love to see how things fit together in 'the big picture'.

I also want to have lots of cool icons beside my name like Trip
Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
---------
May God Bless.
Panzer32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29, 2003, 19:38   #203
BigFree
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by bongo
2 questions

1)When do we start the actual game?
It will start once all of the teams are formed and a consensus is formed about how the game shall be run. It'll be a while yet, perhaps a couple of weeks...

Quote:
2)Does anyone keep track of how many members each team got?
The person's who subitted team names/ideas are responsible for setting up there teams and listing member's names. I would guess that would be happening shortly. Each team will have it's own thread with a sign-up to that team being requested in that thread. Just keep on the look-out for such threads.

Quote:
Better leave the job to the Mohammed Al-Sahaf team, as umcompromising truth-tellers we are happy to report that we actually won the game already. All the members of the other teams CF'ed to us because of our complete and utter honesty.
I like your "team" spirit! Maybe you can contact, by PM, all the people in this thread who indicated interest in this team/concept. Then the team can go from there and get things rolling. Or you can just hang out and post your thoughts in this thread and wait for a thread to appear on the subject of this team.
Old April 29, 2003, 19:45   #204
BigFree
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Panzer32

I just want to see what all the teams plan and stuff, and how everything works out . I love to see how things fit together in 'the big picture'.

I also want to have lots of cool icons beside my name like Trip

Being "The Eye" sure has it's benefits!

With as much interest as we've garnered so far, getting a Forum for this isn't far off.

There's been talk of having "all" diplomatic discussions to be held in the open, I'm not sure if that aslo means that teams would be discussing their own internal workings publically also. I'm not to keen on either of those ideas. Though making "all" diplomacy public would sure be a fun way to inlcude eveyone at a much higher level.

When we get our own Forum, Private Forums will follow shortly after that. Teams will have to submit a 'flag' or other identifying marker for their respective team.

I think we have over 30 people intersetd so far; lets see if we can all do some more active recruiting in other forums besides the Democracy forums.
Old April 30, 2003, 00:11   #205
Theseus
PtWDG Gathering StormApolyton UniversityApolytoners Hall of FameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG Gathering StormApolyCon 06 Participants
Emperor

MZ, who is EDDIE IZZARD??!!

You gotta be kidding...

If you love Civ, you're gonna love this guy (that's what Amy, my fiance says).

Besides being the funniest intellectual / historical comedian around, he is an executive transvestite, English , fluent in French, and didn;t get laid until far too late.

And he's tight with the president of Burundi.

Sorry I bailed on the Sunshine team, but Eddie called, and I had to respond: "I'll have the chicken please" ('Tastes like human!')
The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Old April 30, 2003, 01:51   #206
Master Zen
Deity

guess I gotta check up on my Eddie Izzard one of these days

Old April 30, 2003, 05:28   #207
Thirgaral
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by Master Zen

Nah, its not a gay thing, it's kind of a crossover like "If-Zoolander-played-Civ3" thing. I thought it was hilarious... just look at our city names!

As I said, it is not definite of course, since you had expressed interest and been very vocal about the Sunshine thing we wanted to see if you liked the idea.

Anyway, we could maybe do a sort of hybrid thing... although I've never met hippies who were fashion stars...

As for girls, hell, I'd love to have girls on the team but face it, Civ seems to be a macho thing, no girls I know of in the PTWDG which is a shame... we would all have cyber-GFs by now....

(oh... and no pink quotes... THAT'S gay...)
Well...yeah, it was hilarious

I really don't mind a change of concept, I don't think we need to be so much hippie as Team Sunshine was... Some kind of hybrid will do great...How about if we just look good and go to parties in the sunshine?

And yes, pink quotes ARE gay, I know I'll stop using them immediately...
This will do until we come up with something better:

SUNHINE!
Old April 30, 2003, 10:25   #208
FrustratedPoet
PtWDG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Local Time: 23:45
Is it too early to make a seperate thread dedicated to each team, where we can list our theme, philosophy, current members etc...? Or is now a good time for that?

Frankly, there's a thread in the GS forum that's been running about the Eddie Izzard team. I'd like to lock it and create a new one here because I'd hate to freeze Big Crunch out the fun/decision-making and I'd like to have a dedicated public thread to maybe scare up a couple more members.

Is it OK if I start one?
Old April 30, 2003, 11:43   #209
Theseus
Emperor

So FrustratedPoet, who was Sean Connery for this film, said:

"Well then, I will set up a new thread in this forum. I will set up the Psychotic Bastard forum."

And Theseus said, "Why not call it Church of Izzard, FP?"

"Church of Izzard, actually. Much better... Even though I’m Scottish myself."

Old April 30, 2003, 12:00   #210
Thirgaral
Warlord

Quote:
Is it too early to make a seperate thread dedicated to each team, where we can list our theme, philosophy, current members etc...? Or is now a good time for that?
man, I'm totally lost considering our philosophy, and even our name, right now ...
We must get organized, guys!!!

How long 'til we get our own forum??