Old April 16, 2003, 19:42   #1
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

Local Time: 19:49
Local Date: November 1, 2010
PTW Democracy Game II
In the chatroom, a few of us from the first PTW DG were bouncing around ideas to start up a 2nd PTW DG here at Apolyton. Everyone seemed to love the idea, and the only question would be if there would be enough support to start a second game with enough teams of adequate size.

Our goal is to provide people with the opportunity to get involved and help start a new fresh game for people who want more fun or didn't get a chance to get involved when the first game started up. The idea is to have different team themes from to the first PTW DG, so we're taking suggestions on team themes as well.

If we get at least 30 people interested, I will talk with Markos about the possibility of opening up PTW DG II (right now we are over halfway there).

Go to this thread if interested.
Old April 16, 2003, 19:45   #2
BigFree
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG CalysiumBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 16:49
This thread should be topped.
Old April 18, 2003, 00:32   #3
Krakan
PtWDG2 Mohammed Al-Sahaf
Chieftain

Local Time: 23:49
I'd definitely be interested. I'm not the best at civ3 by any means, but I beat monarch about every time now and i plan to start an emporer game this weekend as soon as I finish my current game with the french.
Old April 18, 2003, 04:39   #4
Rasbelin
Emperor

Local Time: 01:49
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Yet another DG by Trip.
Old April 18, 2003, 04:50   #5
alva
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 01:49
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Yep, he patented the concept just yesterday

Have fun

Say Trip, Could consider some kind of God mode? Same thing as what you are doing right now in the PTWdemo? Has a couple of drawback; I admit...
Old April 18, 2003, 05:10   #6
BigFree
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG CalysiumBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Rasbelin
Yet another DG by Trip.

This was first mentioned by Togas in a chat in which there were other member's of the ISDG present. We all liked the idea and asked Trip to present it. Trip has done very well organizing things in the past. So it was natural for us to ask him to do so. If I had know that people would try to belittle him for carrying this suggestion here, on our request, I wouldn't have made it. Sorry Trip.
Old April 18, 2003, 13:00   #7
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

Quote:
Originally posted by alva
Yep, he patented the concept just yesterday

Have fun

Say Trip, Could consider some kind of God mode? Same thing as what you are doing right now in the PTWdemo? Has a couple of drawback; I admit...
Nah, being in the game is much more fun.

We're going around looking to hire a God for this game though.
Old April 19, 2003, 15:51   #8
Theseus
PtWDG Gathering StormApolyton UniversityApolytoners Hall of FameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG Gathering StormApolyCon 06 Participants
Emperor

Location: The warmonger formerly known as rpodos. Gathering Storm!
Flowers and kisses to you all!!

Theseus, the loving warmonger of Team Sunshine
The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.
Old April 27, 2003, 06:34   #9
BigFree
Deity

The member list is growing, but we need a few more people. If you missed out on the start of the last PTWDG, then this is for you. If you are not that active on your current PTWDG team, then this is for you, you'll find this game much more easy to be involved in. Everyone will have fun!
Old April 28, 2003, 08:06   #10
Alex
Emperor

Local Time: 20:49
I'm interested. My wife is not.
Old April 28, 2003, 20:23   #11
BigFree
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Alexnm
I'm interested. My wife is not.
Maybe she can make cookies and make them available for the chat sessions?

Interest is really picking up. We have teams that are forming now.

I've quoted various team member's commenting about their teams choices below just to give you an idea of what is going on.

Team Sunshine
"The friendliest, happiest, most positive team on the planet. Peace loving. Share the love! No conquests, just massive Love-fests where Team Sunshine takes the party to your cities and tries to "share the love" with their neighbors."

"Yes, join the Sunshine Team and spread a little bit o' lovin' and peace. Life is short so why not enjoy it!! "

"A LITTLE BIT OF SUNSHINE TO BRIGHTEN UP YOUR LIVES

Team Tabemono [Food Team]
"It's not just dinner, it's a BATTLE!"

"Since Team Sunshine seems to be winning all the converts, allow me to turn the tables by introducing the mascot for Team Tabemono, Hamu!"

"What is the ham saying?" "he's saying "Tabemono" of course! It's Japanese for food! Mmmm... tabemono..."

Team Monty Python
"He who would join the Fully Monty Must answer me These questions three Ere the other side he see.

What...is your name?

What...is your quest?

What...is your favorite color? "

"Members to be encouraged(but not required) to create a team character, drawing their Monty inspiration from any movie, show, or skit they like."

Team of Misinformation[Mohammed al-Sahaf Team]
"This is going to be the brightest and strongest of all teams that ever existed in this world, and will destroy all the infidels that are seen crawling in the mud beneath us, especially those ridiculous Eddie's lovers, whom seem to carry some pestilence in their breaths."

"Our words are NOT backed by biological, chemical or nuclear weapons!"

"Members of this team's posts must always be blatantly obvious falsehoods, and must be done with all seriousness.

Our team is not attacking Sunshine.

What do you mean not attacking us? You just threw a "Mammoth Stack of Shivering Workers" at our Pikeman.

They were bonding."

Team Izzard
"If you want to join, the only requirement is that you love Eddie Izzard!"

"In terms of actually playing the game, we're gonna be very relaxed about it, obviously. It'll be more like a succession game than a demogame from our point of view. No structured government style, any player can play the turns (we'll try to rotate it, depending on who has free time)"

"It's the sound effects that really makes that one.

"Hi, I'm crazy Eddie. I put babies on spikes! Wanna rack-o-baby?"

"Ooh-eee-ooh-eee, THOOOM.""