Old April 17, 2003, 17:19   #1
Jaguar
C4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 19:51
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I got Hearts of Iron yesterday
Quick question:

It's June 41. I am the good old USA. I have two nuclear bombs. The Axis are behind in tech, but Germany and Japan have met each other in Siberia, and Germany has tried to invade England twice now. Japan will be landing in LA any minute. I need to use my nukes now!

How do I do it?

After someone answers me this can turn into a regular discussion thread. I still have much to learn.

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005
Old April 17, 2003, 17:47   #2
asleepathewheel
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Local Time: 18:51
do you have something to load it on? a rocket or ICBM or Bomber?

Nukes at 41, are you playing on easy or unpatched?
Old April 17, 2003, 17:55   #3
Jaguar
C4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by asleepathewheel
do you have something to load it on? a rocket or ICBM or Bomber?

Nukes at 41, are you playing on easy or unpatched?
Easy, probably. I just started playing without checking the level. I know I patched to 1.03b before I started playing.

I have strategic bombers. Can I use them?

Old April 17, 2003, 17:58   #4
asleepathewheel
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Local Time: 18:51
I can't remember exactly the steps to load the bomb. I think it was: click on the unit, then there should be a little atomic symbol somewhere on the popup, then you can load it.

Sorry, haven't played for a while

Try posting in the Paradox forum here, might be more helpful
Old April 20, 2003, 15:41   #5
Nikolai
Apolyton UniversityC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 01:51
Local Date: November 2, 2010
First of all, do you have the techs to build rockets, nuclear modified bombs or planes that can carry them? I'd recommend V2-rockets BTW. You can get bombs, but still not have any way to carry them IIRC(something like that happened to me in my first games at least... ).

As for your defence of your country, I hope you have built units and not only reasearched? If not, take all your research-IC over to unit building! If I were you, I'd strenghtened China by giving them techs from the start of the game, then you get a much weaker Japan and a lover probability for a DoW before you are ready...!
Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. -Isaiah 41:10
The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing. - Zephaniah 3:17
Get The List for cIV here!
Old April 20, 2003, 22:08   #6
Jaguar
C4DG Sarantium
Emperor

It was normal difficulty actually. I just did a lot of research.

I finished the tech tree in 43, and I'm holding Japan off of Hawaii and California pretty nicely. I've ICBM nuked 7 german places and 4 japanese and they still won't give up. Little progress is being made so maybe I should try to figure out how to use transports.

Old April 21, 2003, 06:17   #7
Nikolai
Apolyton UniversityC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 01:51
Local Date: November 2, 2010
To use transports, you need one transport for each unit size IIRC(unit of size 3 = 3 transports).
Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. -Isaiah 41:10
The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing. - Zephaniah 3:17
Get The List for cIV here!