Old October 27, 1999, 18:13   #1
DinoDoc

Comments about the "Crossfire Tales"
Cotroneo and Jasonian, I would just like to say "Wow!". I really enjoyed reading the stories but, I just have one minor critique. Jasonian, you say that your story takes place ten years before Cotroneo's and yet he seems to say that it is taking place contemporaneously to his. It seems that a minor edit is in order.
Old October 27, 1999, 18:26   #2
Jasonian
King

Local Time: 00:27
Local Date: October 31, 2010
DinoDoc,

Thanks for the comment! It's nice to know that someone is reading and likes our work! Cotroneo and I are having some fun setting up the background of this epic, so expect many more episodes.

In my defence, I believe that Cotroneo wrote his openers, then I split my first part. Part 1 was ten years before and explained Domai's background. In between there should be some *** and a "Present Day" comment, which should show that part 2 is back up to the time with the other stories, so everything works out.

Just half of my first part is set in the past. Perhaps I should have made that more clear.

Also DinoDoc, we're looking for some more writers for this. Just pick any faction, old or new, besides Drones, Angels, Peacekeepers, or the two aliens. Tell us your pick and a background and we will send you what you need to know.

- Jasonian (back to the drone mines)
Jasonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27, 1999, 18:55   #3
Cotroneo
Warlord

Local Time: 05:27
much appreciated man, like jason said, its nice to know someone cares about raptor....ehheheh

yes jason was write about the ten year thing.....it was small to catch, so i totally understand where your coming from. anyway jason always knows what he is doing, hes a "civer" and im a junior...lol

we have been working out the secret projects and such and almost have the map ready to go.

any ideas on how the story should evolve?
Cotroneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30, 1999, 16:58   #4
DinoDoc

Thanks for the invite Jasonian but, sadly, my strengths lie more in the area of the editor and not the writer.
Old October 31, 1999, 18:00   #5
Raging Mouse
Prince

Local Time: 07:27
The story thread is getting slightly big, and takes a while to download.. What to do? Shall we put a max number of posts after which we switch?
Raging Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31, 1999, 18:39   #6
Cotroneo
Warlord

should we do 50 ....then start crossfire tales part 2?
Old October 31, 1999, 21:41   #7
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 22:27
Local Date: October 30, 2010
After 50 posts Apolyton automatically starts you on page 2 (see the original Chronicles thread - we let it get to 7 Apolyton pages (350 posts) before it bogged down)

Googlie
Googlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31, 1999, 22:48   #8
Cotroneo
Warlord

well it took me like 10000 minutes to load the orginall 350 pages. I would hope that doesn't occur if we ever get that big. perhaps we just make a new thread we get about half of that. I don't want any readers being mad...
Old November 1, 1999, 21:39   #9
Jasonian
King

Wow Cotroneo! That's almost 7 days!! Your computer must be REALLY slow

------------------
- Jasonian (back to the Drone mines)

Old November 1, 1999, 23:13   #10
Cotroneo
Warlord

Boy, everyone is a comic these days...
Old November 3, 1999, 05:45   #11
dante^
Chieftain

Hi all. Cotroneo and Jasonian, if you could send me the background info and maybe a map I will start to write an introductory chapter for the Nautilus Pirates. Nothing fancy, just a short intro before I go into "exam mode".

Aston
dante^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4, 1999, 00:01   #12
Cotroneo
Warlord

Will do....sorry i couldn't get back to you sooner, ive been very busy, i barely got a chance to finish another section of the tales....the pirate faction should be interesting.....i'll send you the information when i get a chance, probably tommorrow night, sorry im in a hurry....looking foward. If you need to contact me my email is paulcotroneo@cs.com
Old November 7, 1999, 23:26   #13
dante^
Chieftain

Hi everyone,

Hope you like my posts in the "Crossfire Tales". I know it's only two rather short posts, but I've been real busy. I'm really looking for feedback because this is the first time I've written anything for anyone else besides for my English class.

Aston
Old November 7, 1999, 23:47   #14
Cotroneo
Warlord

dante...are you my long lost brother or something......this forum thing was the first time i wrote anything outside of english class...... by any chance were you born in anchorage alaska?
Old November 8, 1999, 00:19   #15
dante^
Chieftain

Heh afraid not...I better go ask my parents in case they're hiding something from me LOL
Old November 8, 1999, 16:39   #16
Jasonian
King

Dante,

Don't cut yourself short! That second post of yours was longer then some of the things I've posted. And it'll give me a lot to toy with while you're in "exam mode." Perhaps some reports of more pirate attacks and large ships stopped far out at sea.

------------------

Old November 8, 1999, 20:44   #17
Raging Mouse
Prince

I hope you won't get bored by reading my tenth post; it's kinda long... But I can't help it if I have a lot to say, now can I?
Old November 8, 1999, 21:29   #18
Jasonian
King

Whoo... that was a whopper! Looks like everyone's cover has been blown! It's a good thing Yang doesn't have space power and hasn't spotted me yet, but that won't last.

Time for war! Joy!

------------------

Old November 9, 1999, 11:01   #19
dante^
Chieftain

Hi all. Had a little time so I thought maybe I'd post another part. Sorry if I seem to be rambling at parts. I'll try my best to increase the length of the posts after my exams.

See ya

Aston
Old November 9, 1999, 18:23   #20
Raging Mouse
Prince

You don't have to write long posts if you don't want to; There's no minimum on the size of the posts. Sometimes something short can be more effective and powerful than something long.

A big thumbs up for your work so far!
Old November 17, 1999, 16:08   #21
DinoDoc

Hi, I just have one question. Why are the Cyborgs involved in a war with the Drones? Are they to be the "vilians" of the story? It seems to me that a conflict with the Believers or the University could be much more interesting from a philosophical standpoint.
Old November 17, 1999, 16:28   #22
Jasonian
King

DinoDoc,

Well, if the Cyborgs like Cybernetic SE and the Drones like Eudiamonic SE, then war is pretty much going to happen. But let's forget about that right now.

Try to picture the situation they are in. The Cyborgs are a small faction with lots of tech and military. They need to expand, but with 11 factions on Planet, that is difficult. After putting all the info they have in the simulators, it would make sense to attack the Drones. They're small, their cities have lots of improvements, and no one knows about them. Perfect target for a conqueror faction such as them (and yes, they are conquerors. They are NOT University clones that sit around and just collect technology)

The Cyborgs probably weren't aware of the Drone air force and the fact that people now do know about them. This war may end soon. Maybe not.

They are not just there to be villians. The villians to the writers are their own faction's enemies. To me they look evil. To the pirates, they are mean. To the Hive, they don't care one bit about the Cyborgs.

For you readers, the villians are just your favorite faction's enemies. That's it.

Full of information...

- Jason
[This message has been edited by Jasonian (edited November 17, 1999).]
Old December 10, 1999, 20:58   #23
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Crossfire Tales authors:

Congratulations, your tome has just passed the 200 page mark in word.doc format (I took over maintenance from Rynn - - and am keeping it updated. If anyone wants a complete copy, e-mail me or post here and I'll send a zipped copy)

Meanwhile the Alien scoutships are on their way

Googlie
Old December 11, 1999, 00:57   #24
Cotroneo
Warlord

aliens are coming....sinder is stuck at a borehole and tomahawk is being attacked....things are looking down for me...lol

thks for all the help your doing google with keeping up the word.doc, i understand how much work that consists of. Just if you could, make sure you upgraded jasons post...he changed it.
Old December 11, 1999, 03:03   #25
Googlie
Emperor

Yup, I got it, (read them both, too)

G.
Old December 11, 1999, 20:16   #26
Jasonian
King

*sigh* Ya know, I'm really regretting that post about now. It sounded like a good idea at the time to explain some of Domai's background and tie into what we're up to right now.

As soon as I posted it, Firaxis came out with the "real" Drone story. So I had to change pretty much everything in order to keep it mostly correct with that. The result is something that looks patched together in a hurry.

Oh well.
Old December 20, 1999, 05:49   #27
Barshy
Warlord

If anyone cares... my e-mail for 2-3 weeks will be Barshy223@aol.com so if you have any questions or comments, e-mail me there. Thanks

Sean
Barshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13, 2000, 02:03   #28
~LordLMP~

Hi, i have started reading the Alien Crossfire story right after new years. I wanted to comment right away then, but had some problems registering you can say for the forum.
I do have some minor complaints about some minor details screws from the game and the sort. Since you guys are basing your story on the real Planet map and trying to take some of the official stories to base upon of what went on the UNS Unity, so i guess you wouldn't mind me pointing out some minor details screw ups? Liek for example, you keep refering the Unity as the USS Unity, but it is actually the UNS unity? United Nation Ship since it is a United Nation mission, not a United States one or Startrek Federation. Also, Empaths only feel emotions and the sort, no? I notice you writers keep treating Empathic Abilities like Telepathic abilities. Telepath would be the right term for several characters mentioned. Just my point of view and opinion and not trying to put you guys down. I do like the story, indeed.

I thinking of maybe try to join in? But some problems of course which might prevent me from doing that. No a very good writer, despite how enormus my imagination and creativity is, just still have trouble with the art of writing. My grammar may suck too :/ Might not write all of the time, just once in the while since i am busy with other things and other projects/stuff on the nety i am part of. All of the Faction have been taken, like the Spartans.
So i am wondering, can i join in? I have ideas for sidelines, like in the background while all of the Factions does huge actions and beating each other silly? My ideas might involve in a background sence to your main story some of the factions like the Spartans if of course Captain Kirk doesn't mind or anyother. I am just asking, like the rules states.
Old January 13, 2000, 16:24   #29
Jasonian
King

Hello ~LordLMP~. It's nice to see a new face here, especially one that can make some comments!

On the UNS/USS issue, all I have to say is "D'oh!!" Yeah, I think I made that error in my 'Domai flashback' episodes. I'll go check after I write this and edit that away.

As for the Empath/Telepath, you're probably right. They really should be named Telepaths. But the game refers to them as Empaths. A good example: The Empath Guild secret project. The first sentence in the movie is "Symbols are they key to telempathy". So they're Telepaths, but they're named Empaths. Go figure. We don't make it up. We just write.

Although none of our writers to do, it is perfectly legal for two writers to "duel" a faction. (both write for it) Simply email the person that writes for the faction you wish to join, tell them your ideas, and tell us if he accepts. We'll vote on it. Simple majority wins. Although it sounds complicated, it won't take more then a day or two, probably less. And we haven't voted down a writer yet, so there is little to fear.

Good luck to you, and I hope to see you on the crew.

Happy Posting!
- Jasonian
Old January 13, 2000, 21:43   #30
~LordLMP~

Ok, but my ideas is about a organization, or whatever secretly created by the UN back on Earth in the early 21st century, when the global problems became worser to fight corruption and terrorism, intelligence, covert ops, special ops and prevent anyway humanity to wipe itself up anyway possible and also keep a very low profile, so low that it is not even mention in the game or official story and that only few UN individuals know of their existence and few others back on earth. over the years, the grew in size and strength, establish secret base somewhere in Greenland or North Canada, like one of the islands and their operations were quite useful and meaning. anyway, UN somehow assigned 500 to 1000 individuals on the UNS Unity to continue their mission in Alpha Centauri with what is left of humanity. Of course, they are commanded by some individual, which would be my main character, in s sence. This individual false indentity for the Unity voyage is as one of the Security Man who happened to be woken up Sandiego early on. When the problems happened on Unity, he just went along, making sure with the others of this "organization" assigned on Unity with various indentities that Colonists survives and do get on planet. So after Garland was killed and each future faction leaders take followers to commandeer the colony pods, the operatives ended up doing the same. My main character may of ended coming down with Sandiego and her followers, of course, pertending to be one. So after 10-20 years on planetfall, He and others of the organizarion that came down with Sandiego did help Establish sort of the Spartan Federation like any other followers, but still continuing secretly their original mission. But when contact was made with other factions and years later, my the Main character of mines tried making contact with the rets of the survining organization operatives and to reetablish their organixation on Planet among the Factions in secret and making a low profile. But yet they continue their mission, to defend humanity or whatever.
We can say Sandiego first of all had some hints of this organization since Planetfall do to my main characters actions and low profile ways, but she doesn't know the truth of this organition mission or whatever. Also, Lal might of been told of this organization back on Earth and that a group of them were assigned to Unity, but He wouldn't of course know who is incharge until they colonized Alpha Centauri as per original plans, but the Unity problems have sort of change that of course.

So what do you think? This might be a bit overboard, but just wondering if you would agree to this? If not, i have other less off and more related ideas.

May aswell post my main idea for the story now then later.

------------------
-LordLMP